Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:16 AM

24 posts, read 26,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
What do you call a Klansman in a voting booth? The answer is not a Democrat!
Ridiculous. The Klan was created by the Democratic party, a party with a long and disgraceful history of racism.

Deroy Murdock (http://www.nationalreview.com/murdock/murdock200502180737.asp - broken link)

The Wall Street Journal Online - Extra

The Democratic Party’s Legacy of Racism by Mackubin T. Owens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 09:21 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Default Why do some people say republicans are racists?

Because stereotyping is easier than thinking.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:48 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,871 times
Its an easy way to try to discredit someone or shut them up.
When you cant use logic or facts to back up your viewpoint...
Then simply pull the Racist,Bigot,Sexist,or Homophobe card!

Old 07-15-2008, 09:51 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Its an easy way to try to discredit someone or shut them up.
When you cant use logic or facts to back up your viewpoint...
Then simply pull the Racist,Bigot,Sexist,or Homophobe card!
Joe, you are way above average in perspicacity.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:09 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ew3074 View Post
I am Asian, and I consider myself liberal for various reasons. But how come some people accuse republicans like that? I had lived in Sacramento area for a couple of years. The county I lived is a republican stronghold, but people were nice to me and I did not feel I was treated differently. Any ideas?
No wonder you're confused...you're Asian, and Asians have no idea of what it's like to experience racism in this country. Try being Black for a day.

Last edited by dorado0359; 07-15-2008 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: error

Old 07-15-2008, 11:12 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,916,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Because stereotyping is easier than thinking.
It's the American Way!

Old 07-15-2008, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
No wonder you're confused...you're Asian, and Asians have no idea of what it's like to experience racism in this country. Try being Black for a day.
Remember the camps during WWII? Asians don't understand racism? Read up a little on 20th century history.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:56 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
Wow, that was ignorant. Ever hear of the Chinese Exclusion act?? (Passed in 1882) it kept chinese people out of the U.S. for years just because they were chinese. Oh yeah, and don't forget those WWII camps. A lot of japanese are still alive who went through that. Sorry, but many minorities experience racism. read your history.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:22 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Why do people call the Republicans racist? You have to be kidding! Racism and Republicanism go together like bacon and eggs!
YOU ARE SO Wrong about that.

look up the Brownsville incident with Buffalo soldiers and see who supported the soldiers.There are both Dems and Repubs racist and non racist,it is not exclusive to one party.

But you know that,it is about political power,nothing else.Black elitist Democrats have more in common with fellow white rich Democrats than fellow blacks,and there are plenty of rich elitist Democrats around.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:38 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1962 View Post
Ridiculous. The Klan was created by the Democratic party, a party with a long and disgraceful history of racism.

Deroy Murdock (http://www.nationalreview.com/murdock/murdock200502180737.asp - broken link)

The Wall Street Journal Online - Extra

The Democratic Party’s Legacy of Racism by Mackubin T. Owens

people know that lol but later many those freaks switched to the republican party or did you not get the memo?

its like i can bring up alot of black code laws that republicans supported in the norhtern and eastern parties.\
political parties change its obvious since many of you say the democrat party caters to blacks, it must mean the party isnt racist TODAY!

i also think its false to say the democratic party started the kkk, the kkkjust so happen to be democrats at the time but there were also republican democrats during the time democrat kkk members were terrorizing republicans and this also had to do with the plite of blacks. as we go forward thngs changed and there was a party switch.

but overall both parties and its members passed racist legislations/laws
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies