Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 02:43 PM

714 posts, read 1,536,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
and you know they feel sorry for themselves cause?
because all they do is complain..complain...complain about what other people do...they really should focus on themselves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 02:46 PM

13,584 posts, read 21,356,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
because all they do is complain..complain...complain about what other people do...they really should focus on themselves
there are plenty of both Republicans and Democrats who do that,why are people complaining about what others do for marriage or sex or what they drive or how big someones house is or how rich they are or what they eat or smoke or whatever?

Old 07-15-2008, 02:47 PM

714 posts, read 1,536,546 times
and further more if we can have a miss mexican beauty pagent and a miss black pagent...then I think anyone who wants to should be able to fly the confederate flag....after all I have to look are the African flag when the "roots and heritage festival is in my town" and the "gay pride" flag whilst I'm not gay, but gees who cares, I'm not going to file suit agaisnt it or try to prevent it....who cares

Old 07-15-2008, 02:47 PM

105 posts, read 228,534 times
The confederate flag obviously means different things to different people. Some people do fly it because of their southern pride or southern heritage. But it is also the case that some fly it out of extreme animus for those that are not white. Either way though it's a form of speech and should be protected. An individual should be able to fly the flag if he/she wants to. But others should also be able to march in non-violent protest against it if they desire to. Do I think though that there are a lot more pressing issues for the NAACP to be concerned about? YES.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:52 PM

13,584 posts, read 21,356,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
and further more if we can have a miss mexican beauty pagent and a miss black pagent...then I think anyone who wants to should be able to fly the confederate flag....after all I have to look are the African flag when the "roots and heritage festival is in my town" and the "gay pride" flag whilst I'm not gay, but gees who cares, I'm not going to file suit agaisnt it or try to prevent it....who cares
you just attached the rebel flag with representing being "white".If they can fly their flag why can't I who am white fly the confederate flag.....I thought the flag was about southern pride not race?

Old 07-15-2008, 02:55 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,562,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
a memorial to citizens of a state who fought for a government intent on keeping slavery legal.

Any southern pride of lifestyle is over shadowed by that fact.
To you.
There are obviously different reasons why it's flown and different perceptions of it when it is seen.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:58 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,321,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
CINCINNATI (AP) - NAACP leaders meeting in in Cincinnati say they will step up their campaign against flying of the Confederate battle flag on state grounds in South Carolina.

NAACP leaders will push Confederate flag issue
Well that will be the first step, then they will want it banned altogether and then they will want to ban something else, maybe something you have feelings for or just like. How about tatto's that offend someone, maybe we can ban those, or your funny (to you) t-shirt. These idiots have better things to do than this.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:28 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
why respond if you cant understand my jibberish? you must be mad cause you tried to insult me, but failed!!! seems thats what most people in here do whenthey get mad they try to question someones grammar!
dear city414
i gave a pretty reasonable and civil response to your accusation.
when you call people out on CDF how bout responding.
you may DM me if you are more comfortable doing that.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:41 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,745,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
a memorial to citizens of a state who fought for a government intent on keeping slavery legal.

Any southern pride of lifestyle is over shadowed by that fact.
So... people from the south can't have any pride because of something that happened 150 years ago?

Old 07-15-2008, 03:55 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,539,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
What ever happened to our freedom??? The confederate flag is a part of Southern history and the NAACP is a bunch of idiots with nothing better to do. I wish all these special interest groups like the NAACP, ACLU, et al. would just spontaneously combust!
That will never happen!! So you have no choice but to live with it. They serve a great purpose for us at least!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies