Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 03:58 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,541,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
hahaha u mad to be J.Helms isnt alive to combat them anymore all the rest like helms are to fraid to come out these days its not the 60's or 1800s anymore put the flag to rest u lazy bums
Just like we are always told to cease having conversation regarding the history of slavery. Where does it end??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
The NAACP sucks too and they should leave the flag alone. You know Obama seems to have stirred up a lot of racial issues. There will be a racial backlash in this country if groups like the NAACP continues to feel sorry for themselves. I can already tell how people are getting more pissy about them "feeling sorry for themselves" if they spent half as much time trying to get higher education as they do calling other people out, they might not feel so sorry for themselves, they might have money and a life.
The ignorance is heavily laded all over this post. Remember we did not start this-we did not have the power. It may just take another 200 years for us to learn how to be quiet, just as it took many, many years for slavery to end. Enjoy the ride because the blacks surely did hooked on to a wagon being drug down a dirt road. I doubt if your ride will be a deadly one. Maybe a little uncomfortable, but you will not die from it!! HOLD ON!! Change is a'coming.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:09 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,379,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Whatever. It's their state. Let them vote on it.

End of story.
Hey man. I'm from SC. No one ever asked me.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:21 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,141,416 times
Why are Ohio NAACP leaders pushing a South Carolina issue? Why isn't the South Carolina NAACP doing this if they think it needs to be done?

Old 07-15-2008, 04:46 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,379,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Why are Ohio NAACP leaders pushing a South Carolina issue? Why isn't the South Carolina NAACP doing this if they think it needs to be done?
It was a national meeting. It just happened to be in Cincinnati.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:00 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,384,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
So... people from the south can't have any pride because of something that happened 150 years ago?
yes they can pride,in lifestyle or region or southern things like music,food culture.Im not agreeing that the flag should even be banned.But the mindset from 150 years ago is still alive in the minds of some,that blacks and others are a lesser people,that they should "know their place" ,and those that think that use that flag to promote that thought.So having it flown from a public or government building isn't in good taste.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:14 PM

714 posts, read 1,538,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
The ignorance is heavily laded all over this post. Remember we did not start this-we did not have the power. It may just take another 200 years for us to learn how to be quiet, just as it took many, many years for slavery to end. Enjoy the ride because the blacks surely did hooked on to a wagon being drug down a dirt road. I doubt if your ride will be a deadly one. Maybe a little uncomfortable, but you will not die from it!! HOLD ON!! Change is a'coming.
It wouldn't even bother me if it did.....It would just make the liberials the laughing stock that they are..you want change? I guess you want less jobs for the poor to average americans too huh? see that's what will happen when you raise the taxes the wealthy pay....they do the responsible thing and cut back on expenses. I'll translate that for you- there will be less jobs available since the wealthy own the companies.

Obama is racist as they come. I like him as a person, he seems like a nice family man, but he lacks experience, lacks knowledge, lacks common sense when you consdier he is friends with all these crazy people. ... and the fact that he claimed he had never heard what Rev. W said....please....if he can't make that correlation then I sure don't want him making any other decisions.

When people start taking responsibility for what do and how they act, and pay for what they bring into this world and not live off the gov. racisim will come to an end, but right now if you are any other color than white you feel that white people owe you something...we'll we don't...get over it.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
because all they do is complain..complain...complain about what other people do...they really should focus on themselves
We do and that is why we are having this convention. If you were there you would hear the speakers talk about what we need to do within our own communities and for ourselves, but blanket statements such as the one you wrote leaves one to always know that no matter what we will always be accused of blaming others for our woes and pity parties here in America. We have not created all of our problems here in America. I am a resident here in the "Sin Sin Cincinnati" also known as the "Dirty Nati." This place is like no other. The rest of the cites and states could vanish today and Cincinnati will be the only place left with living beings. I guess I am in the right place. Many years behind the rest of the country-only in the NATI!! What can I say??

Old 07-15-2008, 07:10 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,141,416 times
Quote:
It wouldn't even bother me if it did.....It would just make the liberials the laughing stock that they are..you want change? I guess you want less jobs for the poor to average americans too huh? see that's what will happen when you raise the taxes the wealthy pay....they do the responsible thing and cut back on expenses. I'll translate that for you- there will be less jobs available since the wealthy own the companies.

Obama is racist as they come. I like him as a person, he seems like a nice family man, but he lacks experience, lacks knowledge, lacks common sense when you consdier he is friends with all these crazy people. ... and the fact that he claimed he had never heard what Rev. W said....please....if he can't make that correlation then I sure don't want him making any other decisions.

When people start taking responsibility for what do and how they act, and pay for what they bring into this world and not live off the gov. racisim will come to an end, but right now if you are any other color than white you feel that white people owe you something...we'll we don't...get over it.
Stephanie , I can't rep you again but I so wish I could.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:36 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,869,653 times
just another example of the left's hatred of liberty. perhaps it's time to take a look at what white America has done for blacks. Pat Buchanan folks.

A Brief for Whitey - HUMAN EVENTS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies