Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 07:25 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
You cherry pick some of the most inane items from your daily experience to justify avoiding the bloody truth that surrounds you. Can things be worse than they are now? Yes, just wait a while until Americans are rounded up and imprisoned without habeas corpus. Yes, just wait until the dollar is worth about 1% of the euro or yuan. Yes, just wait until the families of those you call "terrorists" decide to effect their own kind of justice on a country that's on its knees. Taken altogether, the reality we find ourselves in is crashing to an end. Not all of it is due to Bush, but his incompetence certainly hastens its arrival. And your clutching onto his coattails isn't going to prepare you for the deliberate shocks to come.
retreat...retreat...the world is coming to an end...damn that Bush

I work hard for a living. Am I better off than I was a year ago, or three years ago? Your d*** right I am ....it's called work

I have to ask? What is your "great" plan if you could begin to make it happen...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 07:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Me too, Stephanie! Both times!
Me three!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:32 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
retreat...retreat...the world is coming to an end...damn that Bush

I work hard for a living. Am I better off than I was a year ago, or three years ago? Your d*** right I am ....it's called work

I have to ask? What is your "great" plan if you could begin to make it happen...
All I can say is you must have stock in oil if you are better off! Just like a typical republican, as long as you're okay, to hell with the rest of the world.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:35 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
I suppose you would stick with the "duck and run" method. Forget that we survived an attack and haven't had a major one since, we are making progress with the war, we've yet to have a recession and if it wasn't for Congress we could have accomplished much much more. Retreat Retreat we don't want to offend them....
Granted, if we were talking face to face, we'd understand each other better. The attack was real but the perpetrators were not who you think they were. The purpose of the attack was to undermine our collective psyche to effect change to the US legal system. Scare people into submission, but blame someone else. You see terrorists and pat yourself on the back for doing something to oppose them. I see innocent civilians who happen to be sitting on resources someone else covets. If you think that anywhere from 100,000 to 1,000,000 dead people is "progress" then I stand by my earlier clinical psychological assessment.

You are the retreater because you've not thought things out logically. The simple road paved for you by others is NOT always the right path to take. I'd like to believe like you do, that things will be alright. But my gut tells me otherwise, my ears hear something different, and my eyes are welling up because I see the things you choose to ignore.

Edit: Oh, and I'm better off by the tune of about 30 times than I was ten years ago. I don't attribute any of my success to any President or administration. I work hard (and easy) and I've been lucky to use my gut instincts at the right time. This success, just like yours, says nothing about the state of the world. Oh, and I guess you've got an extra $3 trillion to spend on that war you're "winning"?

Last edited by mhouse2001; 07-15-2008 at 07:44 PM..

Old 07-15-2008, 07:42 PM

mhouse 2001, great post. I tried to give you rep points, but I gotta spread it around...

Old 07-15-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
All I can say is you must have stock in oil if you are better off! Just like a typical republican, as long as you're okay, to hell with the rest of the world.
No stock in oil. I am a Realtor, now how hard do you think I have to bust my butt to get paid? I'm not complaining.

Just like a "typical democrat" you did not answer my question. No suggestions, just complaints.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:48 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
No stock in oil. I am a Realtor, now how hard do you think I have to bust my butt to get paid? I'm not complaining.

Just like a "typical democrat" you did not answer my question. No suggestions, just complaints.
Um, you do realize you just proved her point about Republicans?

Old 07-15-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Granted, if we were talking face to face, we'd understand each other better. The attack was real but the perpetrators were not who you think they were. The purpose of the attack was to undermine our collective psyche to effect change to the US legal system. Scare people into submission, but blame someone else. You see terrorists and pat yourself on the back for doing something to oppose them. I see innocent civilians who happen to be sitting on resources someone else covets. If you think that anywhere from 100,000 to 1,000,000 dead people is "progress" then I stand by my earlier clinical psychological assessment.

You are the retreater because you've not thought things out logically. The simple road paved for you by others is NOT always the right path to take. I'd like to believe like you do, that things will be alright. But my gut tells me otherwise, my ears hear something different, and my eyes are welling up because I see the things you choose to ignore.

Edit: Oh, and I'm better off by the tune of about 30 times than I was ten years ago. I don't attribute any of my success to any President or administration. I work hard (and easy) and I've been lucky to use my gut instincts at the right time. This success, just like yours, says nothing about the state of the world. Oh, and I guess you've got an extra $3 trillion to spend on that war you're "winning"?
what would you have done if you were the President when it happened? seriously...

Old 07-15-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Um, you do realize you just proved her point about Republicans?
what? that we WORK for what we want?

Old 07-15-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
what? that we WORK for what we want?
I can assure you, I ALSO work very hard. I just care about the sad state of affairs of the world around me that you are so proud of. YOU helped to put this moron in office not once, but twice, and then have the audacity to brag about it like you've discovered a cure for cancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies