Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 02:27 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times

Advertisements

Hi

If your a Dem are you happy with Nancy Pelosi?

I myself was a Rep I left the party and went Dem I am now an Independent but find Pelosi weak and a person who has said one thing only to turn around and vote with the GOP after saying she wouldnt.

Some call her a Neocon enabler . I agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 02:38 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,812 times
I don't vote based on party; I vote based on issues. She and the rest of Congress is a huge disappointment. They have done nothing since being elected. She is too busy trying to make everyone like her that she lost her backbone.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:50 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I don't vote based on party; I vote based on issues. She and the rest of Congress is a huge disappointment. They have done nothing since being elected. She is too busy trying to make everyone like her that she lost her backbone.
Agreed. Seemed to have a lot of potential. Ended up being all style and no substance.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:58 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Agreed. Seemed to have a lot of potential. Ended up being all style and no substance.
Isn't Cindy Sheehan going to run against her next time because Cindy
felt like she lied about getting the troops out of Iraq ?

Old 07-17-2008, 03:00 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times
Pelosi was interviewed on CNN today. She essentially said her anger toward the Senate was due to the 60 count to overide Bush's veto. Pelosi had sharp words for President Bush, as usual & answered that Congress will not vote on opening the coastline for oil development.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:09 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
I was hopeful that Pelosi would have done more in Congress, however I have to find fault with “all” of Congress and their failures to act in the best interests of the nation. Neither party is worth a damn in Washington. However a person must pick the better of the two evils.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Pelosi was interviewed on CNN today. She essentially said her anger toward the Senate was due to the 60 count to overide Bush's veto. Pelosi had sharp words for President Bush, as usual & answered that Congress will not vote on opening the coastline for oil development.

That is what bothers me about Pelosi -Sharp words but than turns around and votes the other way .

IMO the ultimate punch in the face was the vote last week giving phone companies immunity from illegal wire taps .

She and most Dems went right with the program .

Old 07-17-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I was hopeful that Pelosi would have done more in Congress, however I have to find fault with “all” of Congress and their failures to act in the best interests of the nation. Neither party is worth a damn in Washington. However a person must pick the better of the two evils.

I agree neither party is worth a damn . In theory they are different as far as issues in reality they are sell outs who are OWNED by some lobby group/special interest and more than happy to sell out the people.

I am no expert on History but it seems pre 1970s/80s BOTH parties were way better than now atleast you knew if they said something they meant it .

Jesse Ventura recently said on the Larry King show that its like wrestling they act like nemesis on camera but ofcourse not the case behind camera

Old 07-17-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Isn't Cindy Sheehan going to run against her next time because Cindy
felt like she lied about getting the troops out of Iraq ?

I think she dropped the idea of running against her

Old 07-17-2008, 03:53 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I think she dropped the idea of running against her
Thanks for answering....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies