Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 05:01 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

How rude of you to dis Kev for making a light comment about a sharp and forceful post? It's a typical response in answer to something that forceful.

I also compare American xians to the taliban in many ways.
Go ahead, personally attack me now.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:38 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
chielgirl;4527876]How rude of you to dis Kev for making a light comment about a sharp and forceful post? It's a typical response in answer to something that forceful.
What are you, his mommy? He seems capable of dishing it out. If he's a big boy he should be able to take it.

Quote:
I also compare American xians to the taliban in many ways.
Yes, you do. That's about all you do when you make comments about Christians. Rarely, if ever, anything good.

Quote:
Go ahead, personally attack me now
No thanks. You have your prejudices, intolerant stances and selective sensitivites and I have mine. Welcome to the human race.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:42 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHusseinMoore View Post
Why do I have the feeling your vote is going toward the anti-women's rights McCain?
I agree. McCain has a history of abuse and abandonment of women. And he would probably be OK with the religious nutcases executing women who have abortions too!

Old 07-20-2008, 07:00 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
What does Mccain divorceing his first wife have to do with executions in afghanistan?
News flash divorce isn't an option only available to atheists, liberals and agnostics.
I myself who is anything but a bible banging christian has never met any christians that could compare to the hard core Islamics.
Unlike many of those who have posted on this thread I have actually bumped elbows with a few of them.
I agree execution of women for being a prostitute is beyond wrong especially in a society that consideres it the womans fault if she gets raped.
What amazes me is that Liberals view themselves as a role model of emlightenment and free thought. All the while going spastic if anyone even thinks the word god let alone believes in god. Don't say merry christmas in a gov building instead say happy holidays. Do you not see the hypocrsy?
I am a buddhist if you are wondering.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:13 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
What are you, his mommy? He seems capable of dishing it out. If he's a big boy he should be able to take it.
I'm nobody's mommy, if I were ever pregnant, it would have been aborted. Kev made a typical response, you pounced all over him. Nice guy.

Quote:
Yes, you do. That's about all you do when you make comments about Christians. Rarely, if ever, anything good.
Because my experience with people who insist on letting me know they're xian has been about 98% negative.
I hear them talking the talk, but not walking the walk.

Quote:
No thanks. You have your prejudices, intolerant stances and selective sensitivites and I have mine. Welcome to the human race.
Excellent xian response.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm nobody's mommy, if I were ever pregnant, it would have been aborted. Kev made a typical response, you pounced all over him. Nice guy.

Because my experience with people who insist on letting me know they're xian has been about 98% negative.

Excellent xian response.
I too have had many neg experiences with bible bangers. Keep in mind most christians are not bible bangers. Only those who feel its their way or the highway type christians pound the bible for effect. And yes they are true hypocrits. Spouting dogma to support their views while disregarding any chapter and verse that would illustrate their flaws.
This said I still have never met a bible bamnger who was advocating executing women for prostitution.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:49 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What amazes me is that Liberals view themselves as a role model of emlightenment and free thought. All the while going spastic if anyone even thinks the word god let alone believes in god. Don't say merry christmas in a gov building instead say happy holidays. Do you not see the hypocrsy?
Try responding to reality rather than to distorted Xtian propaganda and caricature. Many "Liberals" are themselves religious, and a sizable number of those is Christian. Even those who prefer to live within the reason-based community do not object, as you suggest, in a spastic or any other manner to the holding of faith-based beliefs by others.

No one seeks to prevent people from saying Merry Christmas in a government building or anywhere else. That shoe belongs entirely on the other foot, as it is whackjob Xtians who claim that use of the more inclusive Happy Holidays is somehow evidence of an underlying anti-Christian agenda, presumably for its recognition of the fact that religions other than Christianity actually do exist and that some people actually do subscribe to them. This phony War is entirely a product of the Xtian-right in an attempt to reserve the end-of-year holiday season to its own special and exclusive purposes. That's where your hypocrisy comes in, and it comes in in rather large doses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I am a buddhist if you are wondering.
I wasn't myself wondering at all until you claimed to be a Buddhist. I would wonder at that, as all of the actual Bhuddists that I have ever known have been substantially more accepting and tolerant of a diversity of views than what your comments here suggest you to be.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:53 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
chielgirl;4528407]I'm nobody's mommy, if I were ever pregnant, it would have been aborted. Kev made a typical response, you pounced all over him. Nice guy.
Yet you still have the strong maternal instinct to nurture and protect. I like that.

Quote:
That's almost 100%. Where were you because that's downright incredible (in a bad way).

One can say the same about those that crow about their "inclusiveness, tolerance and open mindedness" which takes us back to a weakness of the human race.

Doesn't matter if your a believer or worshiper of God, Allah, Marx, Lenin, Obama or Sponge Bob.

Quote:
Excellent xian response.
I agree with you there. You're free to have and argue for your beliefs and worship (or not) whatever or whomever's doctrine as I am for mine. Nowhere in the New Testament does it condone, or even mention forcing Christianity on anyone or murdering those who don't follow Christ. But I'm sure you know that.

God bless America and the rule of law. Whether we're talking abortion, worship or owning guns.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:18 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,286 times
And yet we want to be understanding and provide the access to Sharia law.................extremisim is just that.............regardless of religion......they are nuts.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Try responding to reality rather than to distorted Xtian propaganda and caricature. Many "Liberals" are themselves religious, and a sizable number of those is Christian. Even those who prefer to live within the reason-based community do not object, as you suggest, in a spastic or any other manner to the holding of faith-based beliefs by others.

No one seeks to prevent people from saying Merry Christmas in a government building or anywhere else. That shoe belongs entirely on the other foot, as it is whackjob Xtians who claim that use of the more inclusive Happy Holidays is somehow evidence of an underlying anti-Christian agenda, presumably for its recognition of the fact that religions other than Christianity actually do exist and that some people actually do subscribe to them. This phony War is entirely a product of the Xtian-right in an attempt to reserve the end-of-year holiday season to its own special and exclusive purposes. That's where your hypocrisy comes in, and it comes in in rather large doses.

I wasn't myself wondering at all until you claimed to be a Buddhist. I would wonder at that, as all of the actual Bhuddists that I have ever known have been substantially more accepting and tolerant of a diversity of views than what your comments here suggest you to be.
Is the aclu not a liberal org? Are they not the ones going spastic about what christmas decorations should be permitted on gov property? Is it not the libs on this forum always bashing christians? Why is it more acceptable to bash a christian than a homosexual? It shouldn't be acceptable to pound either.
How many Buddhists do you know? Most but not all that I know lean towards a more conservative view. By that I do not mean republican. I mean personal accountability. I am not a role model buddhist. LOL Never claimed to be. But have I ever condemned non-buddhists for not being a buddhist? NO because buddhists don't think in those terms.
Accepting of diversity? Do you mean as in Homosexuals, minorities or liberal agenda?
I don't care what sexual leanings anyone has so long as they are not forced upon me.
Minorities? My wife is a minority so I must be atleast semi accepting. The liberal agenda? You got me there. Just as I don't accept the neocon agenda. Both tend to try and force their views down anyones throat that doesn't agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies