Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 07:16 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,719,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Two women get publicly butchered and you have to inject your intolerance and hatred of Christians into the discussion?

My God, how out of touch are you with reality?

To compare American Christians to the Taliban is downright hateful, if not somewhat unhinged.

Even for a MA liberal.
Please report this to the top mods. I already did and that's the only way this bigoted crap will come to an end. Bullying is bullying no matter where it comes from.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Why are you reporting this? He made no personal attack on anyone, he made a personal statement about religion, a statement that in some aspects is correct.
Why does it concern you what I do?

Old 07-20-2008, 07:21 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,580,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Why does it concern you what I do?
My sentiments exactly, why are you concerned that someone made a generalized statement? They didn't personally attack you. And what exactly did they say that was bullying? There's a lot of bigoted bullying going on this forum at all times, yet I'm truly confused as to what you say is bullying.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:25 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,416,911 times
Insert "black" or "gay" for the word Christian and you'll have some righteous uproar. But they're only Christians and they're on the "Okay to bash" list.

Which is it, freedom of speech or no freedom of speech? Can't have it both ways.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:28 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,580,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Insert "black" or "gay" for the word Christian and you'll have some righteous uproar. But they're only Christians and they're on the "Okay to bash" list.

Which is it, freedom of speech or no freedom of speech? Can't have it both ways.
I've never reported someone on this forum, no matter how offensive, ridiculous, personally insulting or what have you their posts have been. I don't feel like wasting my time being a tattletale on someone, especially not for something such as the post that someone else is reporting. Who really cares? People ***** back & forth on this all the time, this post is hardly worth reporting compared to the regular postings of a few on here.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:58 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,591,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Please report this to the top mods. I already did and that's the only way this bigoted crap will come to an end. Bullying is bullying no matter where it comes from.
Ahh..., I see that we have a p****** contest on progress! FYI, no parties win in a p****** contest, except everyone stinks from the process! Can we please conduct ourselves as adults and not like children in a sand box? Thank you!

Old 07-20-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I've never reported someone on this forum, no matter how offensive, ridiculous, personally insulting or what have you their posts have been. I don't feel like wasting my time being a tattletale on someone, especially not for something such as the post that someone else is reporting. Who really cares? People ***** back & forth on this all the time, this post is hardly worth reporting compared to the regular postings of a few on here.
As bbkaren correctly put it, the slightest perceived injustice to any group is off limits, any group that is except Christians. If you can read these threads as objectively as possible the attack and persecution of Christians on this board is endless. What if Katzenfraud had written that "Jews" were as dangerous as the Taliban or Gays or blacks? He would've been suspended in a nanosecond and vilified by every poster here, rightfully so I might add. Yet when he compares Fundamentalist Christians to the Taliban not a peep from the pc police because again, it's open season on Christians.

Jesus said to love your enemy and pray for him/her. Mohammed says to kill the infidel. Thousands upon thousands have been murdered by the Taliban. Any true Christian condemns all murders performed by those falsely professing to follow Christ. How anyone can compare Christians to the Taliban is factually incorrect and extremely offensive, hence my complaint. By the way, if my example was an actual reality and Katzenfraud wrote that Gays were equal to the Taliban and a gay person filed a complaint would you tell that gay person that his post was, "hardly worth reporting...", as you put it? I doubt it. Sonrise

Old 07-20-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Ahh..., I see that we have a p****** contest on progress! FYI, no parties win in a p****** contest, except everyone stinks from the process! Can we please conduct ourselves as adults and not like children in a sand box? Thank you!
I see senior member under your name (just like mine), not Moderator. I'm confused?!

Old 07-20-2008, 08:38 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,639,933 times
Take some time to regroup on this one folks. While we invite everyone to participate in a civil, on topic debate, occasionally ( ) a thread in these forums slides off the edge of a cliff. We may re-open this one in a bit. Thanks folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies