Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 12:56 PM

231 posts, read 157,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
That's the same thing I said. No one was harder on OJ and Michael Vick then the black comedians.
Exactly. But let white people tell the story, we rejoice every time a black criminal is set free. Yeah, right. Nobody is harder on black people than black people. The problem is that black people have been brainwashed to believe that it's not true or valid or right until somebody white says it. So if BET runs a special on Blacks in America, they get ridiculed, but if CNN does it, by golly there must be something wrong.

Quote:
By the way SNL makes fun of everybody but I don't recall black people standing outside protesting their shows. Maybe they don't watch it?
That show is still on TV? Really?

Old 07-21-2008, 01:36 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,412,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHusseinMoore View Post
Exactly. But let white people tell the story, we rejoice every time a black criminal is set free. Yeah, right. Nobody is harder on black people than black people.
That's contrary to the implication Clarence Thomas makes in his book "My Grandfather's Son" when he worked in a prosecutor's office.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:37 PM

Oh! Well in THAT CASE, if a black man says the opposite it true, then it must be! My bad! I take back everything I said.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:56 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,038 times
Talking I agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Blacks and whites that spend serious time around each other are, in my experience, pretty indifferent to the racial stuff.
Quote:
The entitled demand that no one have more than them and the people who can't get over their insecurities demand that no one mention anything that anyone might be insecure about.
I almost never agree with you, but I'd put those two sentences together, and that sounds about right.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:18 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
As has been said, having a black friend who is really an acquaintance is much different from having a true best friend of many years. One of my other best friends is brown (he prefers to say, Tex-Mex).

When you have gone through many situations with them you have had the indignity of racism thrust upon you. Granted it is second hand, but it is very eye-opening for a white guy.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
As has been said, having a black friend who is really an acquaintance is much different from having a true best friend of many years. One of my other best friends is brown (he prefers to say, Tex-Mex).

When you have gone through many situations with them you have had the indignity of racism thrust upon you. Granted it is second hand, but it is very eye-opening for a white guy.
I'm glad you acknowledge this. I can't take people seriously who are all "I have a black friend, which is proof that racism doesn't exist and I'm not a bigot." No, that's just proof that you're blind, deaf and dumb as a post. Would any man who is close friends with a woman or close to his sister say that sexism doesn't exist in this country just because Nancy Pelosi is Speaker of the House? We've had interracial friendships since the beginning of time.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Oh! Well in THAT CASE, if a black man says the opposite it true, then it must be! My bad! I take back everything I said.
Well... He's successful and you seem... well... awful angry...

Old 07-21-2008, 03:05 PM

About what? Confusing anger and amusement doesn't say much about your public school system.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you acknowledge this. I can't take people seriously who are all "I have a black friend, which is proof that racism doesn't exist and I'm not a bigot."
Is that a soft or hard "and"? Can the "and" be changed to "or"?

Old 07-21-2008, 03:07 PM

Change it to whatever you want, OneThousand. You still won't have a point worth taking seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies