Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 10:20 PM

231 posts, read 157,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I am saying that if we, as women, keep saying; "I can do it all myself and do it just fine without the daddy" then what does that say to the young men who are the daddys?
I don't know what myth is more worn out: this one, or that "abortion as birth control" crap. I think this one edges out by just a hair, because it's almost ALWAYS said by women who are married or have been. You really think single mothers run around not wanting to be loved or supported, or cared for? You don't think that maybe - JUST MAYBE - that when you hear a woman say "I don't need a man," it's AFTER said man has already left her high and dry? I am so SICK of people acting like black women aren't human women and don't have coping mechanisms such as lying to themselves, which is what women do every goddamn day of the goddamn week!!!

Old 07-20-2008, 10:24 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHusseinMoore View Post
Look, everybody! Jonny Boy is here! Let's all stop and pay attention to him as he has yet ANOTHER racial breakdown - uh, I mean enlightening.

(This. THIS is why I say that the problems we have, we have to solve between ourselves.)

I swear, so many black people act like the only thing that can save black people - black children in particular - is the power of the magical black penis. Please. Not every black child is DOOOOOOOOMED just because s/he has no father. For God's sake, PLEASE stop listening to these poverty pimps.

Are there no extended families anymore? Did I miss something here? Did all the uncles, grandfathers, brothers and cousins disappear while I was asleep?

A child is a blessing. Why blame anyone?

If they left us alone, we'd eat each other alive. And who wants to blend in? Not me. I'm proud to be black. I don't need to dis Al Sharpton every three minutes to make white people feel comfortable, or tell disparaging jokes at our expense. If ANYBODY doesn't feel comfortable with me just because I'm not afraid of white folks, eff 'em.
According to your logic anyone with a White Father and Black Mother is inferior!

Old 07-20-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
According to your logic anyone with a White Father and Black Mother is inferior!
You're talking about my fiancee now, only in reverse. Ease up, mate. You don't know me like that.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
You're talking about my fiancee now, only in reverse. Ease up, mate. You don't know me like that.
Those were your words not mine mate.

"And who wants to blend in? Not me. I'm proud to be black. I don't need to dis Al Sharpton every three minutes to make white people feel comfortable, or tell disparaging jokes at our expense. If ANYBODY doesn't feel comfortable with me just because I'm not afraid of white folks, eff 'em."

It just appears by your statement you have a problem with anything interracial suggesting that it was an inferior situation or did you mean to say something else?

Old 07-20-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Those were your words not mine mate.

"And who wants to blend in? Not me. I'm proud to be black. I don't need to dis Al Sharpton every three minutes to make white people feel comfortable, or tell disparaging jokes at our expense. If ANYBODY doesn't feel comfortable with me just because I'm not afraid of white folks, eff 'em."

It just appears by your statement you have a problem with anything interracial suggesting that it was an inferior situation or did you mean to say something else?
Son, did you get out of the ESL program last week? What in the blue **** does my post say about interracial ANYTHING?

Old 07-20-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Son, did you get out of the ESL program last week? What in the blue **** does my post say about interracial ANYTHING?
You can do the insult thing if that helps you along but your words insinuated that you were superior to interracial situations. " "And who wants to blend in? Not me. I'm proud to be black."

If you meant it another way well maybe you can come with me to my ESL class once a week!

Old 07-20-2008, 10:42 PM

1,853 posts, read 9,688,401 times
The number one problem for black men is exactly the same as the number one problem for white men. ....Women......

No, just being funny. EDUCATION is the number one problem for all men. You have to start off early in elementary school, and work hard right up through high school. It's possible to get a good job without college, but if you don't have a basic education, it's impossible to amount to anything no matter what color you are. .

Old 07-20-2008, 10:44 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post
EDUCATION is the number one problem for all men. You have to start off early in elementary school, and work hard right up through high school. It's possible to get a good job without college, but if you don't have a basic education, it's impossible to amount to anything no matter what color you are. .

Hit the nail on the head with this one.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
You can do the insult thing if that helps you along but your words insinuated that you were superior to interracial situations.
No...I think that was you grasping at straws.

Quote:
"And who wants to blend in? Not me. I'm proud to be black."
I am. What does that have to do with interracial relationships? Are proud black people incompatible with people of mixed blood, or of a different race? I know I skipped a few biology classes, but this is news to me.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:51 PM

My dad just called me. He's going on a road trip to Indiana (!!!) and he wanted to tell me that he loved me and he's proud of me.

Anybody who wants to talk about how black men aren't good fathers can go to hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post
EDUCATION is the number one problem for all men. You have to start off early in elementary school, and work hard right up through high school. It's possible to get a good job without college, but if you don't have a basic education, it's impossible to amount to anything no matter what color you are. .
Right on! *throws up a gloved fist*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies