Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should SPITTING On Iraq War Veterans Be An Accepted Form Of Anti-War Protest
Yes 4 4.30%
No 16 17.20%
No. This should be considered a federal hate crime. 11 11.83%
No. This should be a local assault charge. 39 41.94%
Both options 3 and 4. 23 24.73%
Not Sure 0 0%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:52 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Fortunately for the soldiers I consider them at a higher level than I do an ordinary citizen. So unless your a veteran I would probably spit on you before I would that guy in the video.
Awesome, & I hope you do try to spit in my face cause I assure you, you will be knocked the **** out!

Old 07-23-2008, 03:26 AM

439 posts, read 1,232,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So you and another poster assaulted back.
That says a lot about you, too.

boy anytime you can take a jab at anything or anyone US military you do. Now that says alot about you

Old 07-23-2008, 03:52 AM

1,331 posts, read 3,000,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
I hope the person, who did the spitting, is charged with assault.
War Protester Spits On Iraq War Vet at Santa Barbara Demonstration

YouTube - Santa Barbara Anti-American Protest
I'd beat the f*ck out of them. Period. And trust me, I'm more than capable.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:45 AM

2,421 posts, read 6,956,682 times
While it thankfully hasn't happened to our returning Iraq Soldiers. Australian soldiers returning from Vietnam got spat on aswell. They were expecting to be treated, Like their heroic Fathers and Grandfathers, But got nothing but a slap in the face from people (And our Government)...Trully shamefull.

I feel sorry for what the American Veterans on here experienced... Intelligently Protesting is one thing!, But just spitting on any Veteran, Of any Country!, Of any war!, Is just wrong!, No matter If you support that war or not?

Old 07-23-2008, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroofarmer View Post
While it thankfully hasn't happened to our returning Iraq Soldiers. Australian soldiers returning from Vietnam got spat on aswell. They were expecting to be treated, Like their heroic Fathers and Grandfathers, But got nothing but a slap in the face from people (And our Government)...Trully shamefull.

I feel sorry for what the American Veterans on here experienced... Intelligently Protesting is one thing!, But just spitting on any Veteran, Of any Country!, Of any war!, Is just wrong!, No matter If you support that war or not?
Please understand that those low-life morons are in the People's Republik of California. If those hippie dirtbags tried that crap in most any other place in the US, they would find themselves waking up in the hospital.

The radical Left in this nation is deserving of nothing more than derision and hostiliity. Nothing would make me happier than to beat the hell out of some of those brainless oxygen-thieves.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:08 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Oooh, and if you're part of the radical right, you deserve the same.

How can you possibly condemn an entire group of people for something that may or may not have happened?

If indeed this did occur 40 years ago, how do you know that those people aren't republicans today? Don't have a clue, do you?

Old 07-23-2008, 05:14 AM

2,421 posts, read 6,956,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
Please understand that those low-life morons are in the People's Republik of California. If those hippie dirtbags tried that crap in most any other place in the US, they would find themselves waking up in the hospital.

The radical Left in this nation is deserving of nothing more than derision and hostiliity. Nothing would make me happier than to beat the hell out of some of those brainless oxygen-thieves.

I don't understand US politics enough to comment. I was just saying, That it's wrong to spit on any soldier, Who serves their country and was just trying to give the Australian view of returning Vietnam Vets.

I'm sorry if I inadvertedly hit a nerve.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oooh, and if you're part of the radical right, you deserve the same.

How can you possibly condemn an entire group of people for something that may or may not have happened?

If indeed this did occur 40 years ago, how do you know that those people aren't republicans today? Don't have a clue, do you?
Kum bay ah o lord, kum bay ah...... quit while you're ahead. Your ignorance and naive commentary is quite telling. You've heard of the term "shooting fish in a barrel"? Well my dear, you're the trout in this case.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroofarmer View Post
I don't understand US politics enough to comment. I was just saying it's wrong to spit on any soldier and was trying to give the Australian view of returning Vietnam Vets.

I'm sorry if I inadvertedly hit a nerve.
Don't sweat it. Those radical leftist kooks are in a very, very small minority. Most Americans would "take care of matters" if such a thing happened in their presence.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:28 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Satch, if you've got some proof or something real to say other than jingoistic, unfounded brouhaha, feel free.

Otherwise your silly little comments mean nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies