Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 03:13 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times

Advertisements

So didn’t Karl Rove appear before Congress yet? I thought he was one of those good citizens of this country who understood that there are things that we must do when asked by our government? I guess he isn’t as good of a citizen as I would have thought.

Send Karl Rove to Jail!

You would think that the President Bush would just ask Karl to politely respect the wishes of Congress and answer a few questions. After all surely the President hasn’t got anything to hide from Congress or the American people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 03:18 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Enough with the partisan tit-for-tat, okay?

Watergate....Monicagate....

politicans masturbate....

Old 07-22-2008, 03:24 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
So didn’t Karl Rove appear before Congress yet? I thought he was one of those good citizens of this country who understood that there are things that we must do when asked by our government? I guess he isn’t as good of a citizen as I would have thought.
It sounds to me like you're operating off the premise that the government is good and trustworthy. If you approach it, as would I, that the government is a necessary evil and should, generally, be resisted, Rove's doing the right thing.

I think a good citizen is someone who resists... and a bad citizen cooperates. (However, that's really too general a statement and isn't universal.)

Old 07-22-2008, 03:25 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Must be wonderful to only see the world from one side.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Must be wonderful to only see the world from one side.
It's actually concerns about long-term consequences. The more power you give/allow, the more burdened following generations are with your decisions because once you give the government something, it doesn't like to let go.

I think there's something more responsible in our generation suffering the consequences of our choices rather than passing a burden to our children.

I'm not saying I'm right or wrong to believe that... It just seems like the most responsible path to me. Disagree? Explain your perspective.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:46 PM

The whole thing is being pushed by the left. For a long time aids were/are not required to testify....the results could be catastrophic.

I understand they want answers for things the the firing of the 9 attorneys...I don't really know why they are making such a big deal the president has the total right to choose who he wishes for whatever reasons he wishes. Clinton changed more than Bush did but no one cared then because they couldn't hope to win the next election from the republicans.

I watched the judiciary committee meetings on this and was not please by what was obvious partisanship for the gain of some seats int he house.

One can argue all day over if he was right or wrong or if the AG was doing his job well. One after one they have attacked everything related to Bush with whatever they could pull off. It's fine if he is held accountable....but if he's held accountable impeach him don't play partisan ship.

KR is a genius (I know one could argue that). He has thought this through well....his conclusion was he felt he had no need to testify. If he is wrong and the law states otherwise put him on trial. I have a feeling they will be empty threats.

I've been wrong before.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:54 PM

Nice post. I get the impression, now that the Reps had Congress for a while and screwed up, most of us are ready to stop the polarization. Hopefully, the other side feels the same pretty soon and the wackos get booted this season... I don't like the government, but do think it's time for professionals to get into office... people who accept compromise.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:02 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Why not first appear before Congress and find out what questions they have? It could be something so simple as Congress wants to know if Karl bought his own lunch at the cafeteria while in Washington or if some friend actually paid for it?

Also why is there spin on this “look over there ~ Bill got a bj while in the White House"; Bill was wrong then and nothing makes it right. Why compare or try and spin Karl with anyone else ~ isn’t he responsible for his own actions or not?

Old 07-22-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Why not first appear before Congress and find out what questions they have? It could be something so simple as Congress wants to know if Karl bought his own lunch at the cafeteria while in Washington or if some friend actually paid for it?
Because that would be giving power to those who don't deserve it. If they deserve it, the courts will enforce it.

The government is about power. I gather that every move between the branches must be calculated... To acquiesce when it's not appropriate-- or to not fight when a defense exists-- seems a violation of duty.

Quote:
Also why is there spin on this “look over there ~ Bill got a bj while in the White House"; Bill was wrong then and nothing makes it right. Why compare or try and spin Karl with anyone else ~ isn’t he responsible for his own actions or not?
I didn't get spin out of it more than an indication that they all suck and we need to start moving forward.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Nice post. I get the impression, now that the Reps had Congress for a while and screwed up, most of us are ready to stop the polarization. Hopefully, the other side feels the same pretty soon and the wackos get booted this season... I don't like the government, but do think it's time for professionals to get into office... people who accept compromise.
I agree I want responsible people willing to stand up for themselves and what they believe in. I want someone who isn't going to sell out....weighing the options...McCain (obviously some will say he has) I feel has not sold out. He has stuck to his guns and specifically stated his opinions without glorifying impossible ideas.

Obama on the other hand I feel sold out the day he decided to go overseas to run for office with numerous biased news agencies. The video of the first interview with CBS clearly shows what editing can do and the point of the trip. He constantly fumbles over himself but with editing he looks very sure of himself and reasonable in his approaches. When left on his own he comes up with civialian armies that range in the 500,000 range that require 500 billion a year to run..realistic I think not....right along with so many of his other very wonderful absolutely perfect ideas....I seriously think he either doesn't have a clue or expects everyone else not to. IMO of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies