Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want the VeriChip as Federal Identification?
Yes (I've heard of it before this topic) 7 8.86%
Yes (This is my first time hearing about it) 0 0%
No (I've heard of it before this topic) 62 78.48%
No (This is my first time hearing about it) 8 10.13%
I don't know. 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 08:41 PM

264 posts, read 2,143,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
They will be executed by the people before then.

Revolution is a wonderful thing, when you really think about it.
Yeah I know what your saying, but sometimes I worry about the majority of people, the ones that sit home and watch TV all day and have their iPods stuck in there head. They'd probably still have their iPods stuck in their head on the way to the concentration camp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 08:43 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
Yeah I know what your saying, but sometimes I worry about the majority of people, the ones that sit home and watch TV all day and have their iPods stuck in there head. They'd probably still have their iPods stuck in their head on the way to the concentration camp.
Hey, are you talking about me again?

Old 07-22-2008, 08:47 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
It just takes a few disgruntled from the top. When officers see poor suffering children in their own nation, they sometimes take their anger and rage out on the colonels. The colonels then start get scared and take their anger out on the generals, and so forth straight to the top.

Organized mobs work well too, but it sometimes takes disgruntled military members to achieve real change, plus the change is less bloody in a mutiny as it requires fewer casualties and the power vacuum is sealed more easily.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:22 AM

214 posts, read 288,016 times
  • Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    Revelation 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. (666)

Old 07-23-2008, 07:31 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,862 times
So, as high rises often skip the 13th floor, all chips should skip the number 6. Whew! I feel better now. On to solving the crisis in the Middle East.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:35 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,709 times
I'm all for it. In every way. It can/will be no more abused than anything else in this country. If people are naive enough to think people already can't keep tabs of you or what you are doing (bank records, cell phone signals, IP address on your computer, etc.), then you are deluding yourself.

The question becomes a simple one. Do the benefits outweigh the downsides? 30,000 people missing in America today. Kids/women that are kidnapped. Manhunts for dangerous and murderous fugitives.

Don't do anything wrong, you won't be bothered. If you don't think forensically they can't pin something on you now, again that's naivity. If and individual feels they are that important that out of the 300,000,000+ people in America they are going to be singled out for some vast conspiracy, get over yourself. You're probably not as important as you think.

To me... pros outweigh cons.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:35 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
The TSA has a similar idea for you.

Washington Times - Politics, Breaking News, US and World News - "Want some torture with your peanuts?" by Aviation Security

Old 07-23-2008, 07:50 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
I'm all for it. In every way. It can/will be no more abused than anything else in this country. If people are naive enough to think people already can't keep tabs of you or what you are doing (bank records, cell phone signals, IP address on your computer, etc.), then you are deluding yourself.

The question becomes a simple one. Do the benefits outweigh the downsides? 30,000 people missing in America today. Kids/women that are kidnapped. Manhunts for dangerous and murderous fugitives.

Don't do anything wrong, you won't be bothered. If you don't think forensically they can't pin something on you now, again that's naivity. If and individual feels they are that important that out of the 300,000,000+ people in America they are going to be singled out for some vast conspiracy, get over yourself. You're probably not as important as you think.

To me... pros outweigh cons.
--------
There are no pros to this. Why would you want the GVMT or some GVMT agency to know where you are 24/7 .
What time you go to work ,leave work, go food shopping,etc .
Nothing good can come from this .
What if you go to a rally a demonstration against the GVMT or belong to a political party that is not 1 of the 2 parties.
If your a Rep do you trust the Dems , If your a Dem do you trust the Reps?
The GVMT in your life watching you is not good. None of us have anything to hide but to trust the GVMT or the "agency" watching you is insane.

Under the umbrella of "terrorist" threat the GVMT will become the terrorist.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:04 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
It just takes a few disgruntled from the top. When officers see poor suffering children in their own nation, they sometimes take their anger and rage out on the colonels. The colonels then start get scared and take their anger out on the generals, and so forth straight to the top.

Organized mobs work well too, but it sometimes takes disgruntled military members to achieve real change, plus the change is less bloody in a mutiny as it requires fewer casualties and the power vacuum is sealed more easily.
If a colonel even look cross eyes at a General they will regret the day they were born lol atleast here in USA .
The military here is not Colombia or other countries it could never topple nor change the GVMT .
Its set up so no one fort,Camp has what it needs to roll into Washington and make changes .
That is why USA is actually one of the easiest countries to implement the Big Brother,NWO changes .
I am not sure I subscribe to that NWO but if it was to happen USA is one of the easiest to do it .
The GVMT has the money unlike other places and using "terrorist" threat the sky is the limit plus I feel BOTH parties are similiar and the people here dont have the fight in them which they do in other countries those days are long gone.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:15 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,532 times
I wonder how the two sides would approach this thread if we were
referring to a CARBON FOOTPRINT CHIP, instead of an ID Chip.
The carbon chip would be used to measure how a person pollutes
our environment, how much energy they use, how far they drive
each day, etc.
Then automatic fines would be issued to violators and they could
face jail or prison terms if they failed to meet environmental standards
of the world/NATO green movement.
Yes, I would like to hear some good debate on this issue and see
where each side stands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies