Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want the VeriChip as Federal Identification?
Yes (I've heard of it before this topic) 7 8.86%
Yes (This is my first time hearing about it) 0 0%
No (I've heard of it before this topic) 62 78.48%
No (This is my first time hearing about it) 8 10.13%
I don't know. 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 08:35 AM

214 posts, read 287,525 times

Advertisements

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

George Orwell's 1984
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 08:56 AM

4,321 posts, read 5,114,400 times
Exclamation What He Said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
I'm all for it. In every way. It can/will be no more abused than anything else in this country. If people are naive enough to think people already can't keep tabs of you or what you are doing (bank records, cell phone signals, IP address on your computer, etc.), then you are deluding yourself.

The question becomes a simple one. Do the benefits outweigh the downsides? 30,000 people missing in America today. Kids/women that are kidnapped. Manhunts for dangerous and murderous fugitives.

Don't do anything wrong, you won't be bothered. If you don't think forensically they can't pin something on you now, again that's naivity. If and individual feels they are that important that out of the 300,000,000+ people in America they are going to be singled out for some vast conspiracy, get over yourself. You're probably not as important as you think.

To me... pros outweigh cons.
Thanks for the voice of reason. BTW, the Patriot Act took us half the way here without the benefits.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:15 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,712,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Thanks for the voice of reason. BTW, the Patriot Act took us half the way here without the benefits.
If you are against the Patriot Act, would you be against any governmental
regulations that limit American lcivil liberties if it would save the environment ?

Old 07-23-2008, 09:58 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,856,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
I'm all for it. In every way. It can/will be no more abused than anything else in this country. If people are naive enough to think people already can't keep tabs of you or what you are doing (bank records, cell phone signals, IP address on your computer, etc.), then you are deluding yourself.

The question becomes a simple one. Do the benefits outweigh the downsides? 30,000 people missing in America today. Kids/women that are kidnapped. Manhunts for dangerous and murderous fugitives.

Don't do anything wrong, you won't be bothered. If you don't think forensically they can't pin something on you now, again that's naivity. If and individual feels they are that important that out of the 300,000,000+ people in America they are going to be singled out for some vast conspiracy, get over yourself. You're probably not as important as you think.

To me... pros outweigh cons.
If I were ever to become dictator, I would make sure make all people will above view would have tabs kept on them by the government at all times and have all their private and personal information be made open to the public. Also, they would have to answer questions based on everything from their financial history, sexual experience, fantasies, and emotions while on polygraph.

Let's see how willing the anti-privacy people are willing to put up with it.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:02 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,327,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
I wonder how the two sides would approach this thread if we were
referring to a CARBON FOOTPRINT CHIP, instead of an ID Chip.
The carbon chip would be used to measure how a person pollutes
our environment, how much energy they use, how far they drive
each day, etc.
Then automatic fines would be issued to violators and they could
face jail or prison terms if they failed to meet environmental standards
of the world/NATO green movement.
Yes, I would like to hear some good debate on this issue and see
where each side stands.

Great point and I would be against it ESP since it will apply to us and not our "kings and Queens" .
I am all for things like recycling and do it but would not be for any type of monitoring type chips,etc.
I simply dont trust either party and dont think Jackals (politicians) should be monitoring Lions (citizens who make USA great) if anything the other way around

Old 07-23-2008, 10:04 AM

http://listverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/dr.strangelove-763806.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-23-2008, 10:06 AM

Chips Anyone?

Old 07-23-2008, 11:27 AM

264 posts, read 2,141,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
I wonder how the two sides would approach this thread if we were
referring to a CARBON FOOTPRINT CHIP, instead of an ID Chip.
The carbon chip would be used to measure how a person pollutes
our environment, how much energy they use, how far they drive
each day, etc.
Then automatic fines would be issued to violators and they could
face jail or prison terms if they failed to meet environmental standards
of the world/NATO green movement.
Yes, I would like to hear some good debate on this issue and see
where each side stands.
Well Al Gore did propose a carbon tax that has a lot of backing. I wouldn't be surprised if they released a "Carbon Footprint Chip".

Old 07-23-2008, 11:29 AM

889 posts, read 2,401,575 times
I cant' believe there are people who said yes. Oh, Wait....we have a society of people who want to be taken care of from cradle to grave so I guess they want their permanent number as well so they can get their "ration"

Sick sick sick

Old 07-23-2008, 11:35 AM

264 posts, read 2,141,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
I cant' believe there are people who said yes. Oh, Wait....we have a society of people who want to be taken care of from cradle to grave so I guess they want their permanent number as well so they can get their "ration"

Sick sick sick
Or they want to feel "safe"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies