Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 09:53 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
That doesn't confirm anything at all. Just that there was an altercation between a paparazzi and Edwards at a hotel.
Slate disagrees....

Why the press is ignoring the Edwards "love child" story. - By Jack Shafer - Slate Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 10:02 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
That doesn't confirm anything at all. Just that there was an altercation between a paparazzi and Edwards at a hotel.
Well, the newspaper is going to sue the hotel because they were paying guests at the hotel and Mr Edwards was not. This will be very interesting if they do because Mr Edwards would be called to testify.

The question is why the woman in question didn't abort her baby like a good liberal Democrat would. I think the kid is her "insurance policy" for life.

You know, the issue is less about some sleazeball husband cheating on his cancer stricken wife and more about whether the mainstream media is not investigating it/mentioning it/deliberately downplaying it because Edwards was on Obama's short list for VP. I don't think the story would sit well with those working class blue collar Democrats that aren't fainting over Obama, yet.

There are two stories here and none of them is a sleazeball politician issue. The stories are (in no special order):

1) another Obama bad judgment issue.

2) another mainstream media bias issue.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:19 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
I have said it before and will again....if this was Romney or Huckabee it would be running on the 6pm news with live feed from in front of the personal of home. Since it is Edwards --- nothing.

But I have to say that in a way I am glad of it only because I genuinely like and sympathize with Elizabeth Edwards and can only imagine what she is going through right now.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:11 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Andrew Young is a married man with children, and yet . . . and yet . . . his cuckolded wife took in the pregnant ho mistress and they were all just one happy family for a while??? Clearly, Andrew Young is NOT the father of the ho's baby, or else his wife would not have welcomed her into the house. I'd like to know what John Edwards was doing prowling around the ho's hotel room until 2a.m. Any of you liberal defenders have an answer? Gah.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:51 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
W

The question is why the woman in question didn't abort her baby like a good liberal Democrat would. .
You routinely make inflammatory statements about those with whom you disagree, but this is low, even for you.

What do you accomplish by saying things like this? I dare say if all right-wingers ceased aborting, we'd see far less of the procedure. Unwanted pregnancies are an unfortunate fact of life. They're not Democratic or Republican.

They're human.

Now back to the issue at hand. Nothing's been proven. We don't know what happened yet. Let's reserve judgement, shall we? If it turns out Edwards was unfaithful, I'll be as disappointed as the next person. Until then, I'll try and give him the same benefit of the doubt I would hope to be shown if I was being accused of something.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:58 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,511 times
A politician having an affair? No, that can't be true! Well, it's official. I must say that I feel terrible for his wife. That statement is getting really old now-a-days but in this case, I actually do feel terrible for a woman who has gone through so much (death and illness) and to now have to deal with this humiliation.

And yes, I believe that he IS the father....

Old 08-08-2008, 01:59 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times
woot woot! Edwards on prime time tv tonight to spill his guts. Check drudge.

DRUDGE REPORT 2008®

Old 08-08-2008, 02:00 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
And of course the National Enquirer is the epitome of a well-respected publication, right?
LOL, I had to give you reps for that one..

Old 08-08-2008, 02:12 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
LOL, I had to give you reps for that one..
Apparently, they were the first ones to call it....and they were right (this time).

Old 08-08-2008, 02:16 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
Apparently, they were the first ones to call it....and they were right (this time).
If it makes drudge, you can pretty much put your life savings down that the story is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies