Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 07:51 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,844,917 times

Advertisements

I don't see any greatness before me right now, nor have I seen greatness in the white house in almost 100 years. how long do you think we will have to wait to see greatness in the white house? is there one in the white house right now? is there one running right now? have we seen one in the last 100 years? are politics so corrupt that we shall never see another great president? whose face would you carve on mount rushmore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 07:53 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,477,772 times
Well, Reagan was a decent president...I think. What's your criteria for a "great" president vs a "good" president

Old 07-22-2008, 08:03 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,663 times
I say yes and no. I say yes to the fact that politics and our government are so corrupt that it will probably take a serious system overhaul to revive the old ways of our republic. But I also say no, we haven't seen our last great leader. We just currently live under a system that cultivates liars and cheats for the job, while the true patriots stand on the sidelines and hold up cardboard posters begging for some media coverage. In order for a real candidate to ever get a fair shake, the media must be brought under control and made to display all possibilities and not just the "plants" Until that happens we will only see who they want us to see and vote for who they want us to vote. Its all crooked as hell, and I hope I am alive to see the day that this current house of cards comes crashing down.

Oh yeah, I vote for Gumby's face on Mt. Rushmore! Time to liven that mountain side up a bit!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:05 PM

I don't have a criteria. this is who you think is great, doesn't matter what I think. my opinion is that we haven't had a great one in a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Well, Reagan was a decent president...I think. What's your criteria for a "great" president vs a "good" president

Old 07-22-2008, 08:08 PM

I think it would be so great to watch washington do a total reform. it's been so f'd up for so long, I think a makeover would be great. most think that corruption started 7.5 years ago, but those "most" have never seen mr. smith goes to washington.

I think pokey would have a strong argument over gumby, also the hamburglar. although I don't see the hamburglar's widespread kleptomania being as accepted today as it was during the 70's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I say yes and no. I say yes to the fact that politics and our government are so corrupt that it will probably take a serious system overhaul to revive the old ways of our republic. But I also say no, we haven't seen our last great leader. We just currently live under a system that cultivates liars and cheats for the job, while the true patriots stand on the sidelines and hold up cardboard posters begging for some media coverage. In order for a real candidate to ever get a fair shake, the media must be brought under control and made to display all possibilities and not just the "plants" Until that happens we will only see who they want us to see and vote for who they want us to vote. Its all crooked as hell, and I hope I am alive to see the day that this current house of cards comes crashing down.

Oh yeah, I vote for Gumby's face on Mt. Rushmore! Time to liven that mountain side up a bit!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:28 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think it would be so great to watch washington do a total reform. it's been so f'd up for so long, I think a makeover would be great. most think that corruption started 7.5 years ago, but those "most" have never seen mr. smith goes to washington.

I think pokey would have a strong argument over gumby, also the hamburglar. although I don't see the hamburglar's widespread kleptomania being as accepted today as it was during the 70's.

I don't know, its kind of a toss up! Any one of them would be pretty awesome!

Old 07-22-2008, 09:02 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,005,473 times
Never. Any president will have some faults (some more than others)

Old 07-22-2008, 09:18 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,492,873 times
Don't be tempted into thinking that politics today are somehow worse than they were 100, 200, or 300 years ago. History refutes such assumptions.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:20 PM

politics are, and always have been vicious. but when will we see something new. a president who isn't controlled by anything other than the best interest of the american people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Don't be tempted into thinking that politics today are somehow worse than they were 100, 200, or 300 years ago. History refutes such assumptions.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:26 PM

264 posts, read 2,143,677 times
We lost our chance already this year.

Dennis Kucinich, Mike Gravel, and Ron Paul all would have made great presidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies