Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 11:11 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,397,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibear12 View Post
statistical data can be used all type of ways for people to prove a point. Im white but i've notice its not data just stereotypes. Why isn't there a asian thread, or native american thread, or white threads. Majority of the people who recieve welafare are single poor white mothers. So if i said most whites mothers are poor. And most white fathers dont take care of their kid. There are millions of more poor white single moms than any other race. That is statistical data remember. I bet you wouldn't like that though would you. There are over 1 million black owned businesses in america. How come nobody uses that data. Or how the black middle class has rose over 40% in the last few decades. You sound like a racist mama bee. When people say gangs, or how everybody black is poor on have been on welfare. That is not data just ignorant and wrong. Most blacks have never been arrested or been poor or recieve welfare before. The biggest gang is a white gang called the aryan nation. Hispanics by far now have the most gang members. But why don't people like mama bee associated gangs with whites. Statistical data remeber the largest gang in america is a all white male gang.
I suppose forming a coherent sentence might have helped this post a good deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 11:12 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,397,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
How many racists are in a "ton?"
Maybe the same number it takes to screw in a light bulb?

Old 07-24-2008, 11:37 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,939,539 times
Quote:
statistical data can be used all type of ways for people to prove a point. Im white but i've notice its not data just stereotypes. Why isn't there a asian thread, or native american thread, or white threads. Majority of the people who recieve welafare are single poor white mothers. So if i said most whites mothers are poor. And most white fathers dont take care of their kid. There are millions of more poor white single moms than any other race. That is statistical data remember. I bet you wouldn't like that though would you. There are over 1 million black owned businesses in america. How come nobody uses that data. Or how the black middle class has rose over 40% in the last few decades. You sound like a racist mama bee. When people say gangs, or how everybody black is poor on have been on welfare. That is not data just ignorant and wrong. Most blacks have never been arrested or been poor or recieve welfare before. The biggest gang is a white gang called the aryan nation. Hispanics by far now have the most gang members. But why don't people like mama bee associated gangs with whites. Statistical data remeber the largest gang in america is a all white male gang.
Correct punctuation is your friend.

Aside from that, people have been using verifiable statistics on many threads here, to include topics regarding race or otherwise. Based on the fact that you only have 2 posts, I'm assuming you're new here. So, take some time to really read through the forums before you embarrass yourself.

Statistics are compiled and presented by those who want to use those specific statistics to make a point. No one is going to use statistics that don't prove or provide "evidence" for their point. I love the saying "Figures lie and liars figure."

To your point about the Aryan Nation being a gang, that's debatable. It depends on the definition of gang. According to the UCL Institute of Crime Science in London, two researchers define a gang as "a group of individuals for whom involvement in crime is for personal gain (mostly financial, though could be otherwise, sexual gratification as with child pedophile rings). For most, crime is their ‘occupation’. These groups operate almost exclusively in the grey and illegal marketplace where market transactions are unregulated by the law." The listing for the largest gang in America, depending on source, is MS-13, a latin-based gang.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:43 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,964,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mademan View Post
Simple question. Even though there's whites, blacks, hispanics, native americans, arab americans, and asians. Why is there always a black thread on city-data which is usually nothing but stereotypes instead of the truth as opposed to other races. Just would like to hear your thoughts.
because USA is a racist country, duh?

Old 07-24-2008, 12:09 PM

13,584 posts, read 21,356,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
because USA is a racist country, duh?
guess what people in other nations are racist also and sometimes more so.It is so easy to single out America............

Old 07-24-2008, 12:39 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,344,872 times
I don't mind some of the threads that focus on black people, because I'm black and I like talking about things that concern black people as a whole. I feel the same way about being a woman; sometimes I read the threads that say "why do women do this" but if it says something like "why are you afraid of black men" or "why do black women have so many kids" then I just kinda ignore it because I know it's just foolishness.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:45 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,756,832 times
Quote:
This post is wrong on so many levels.
I dont even know where to start so i ll just stick with the "gang"..
Statement.The largest gang in america is a white hate group?
You lost all credibilty with that statement.
Theres probably 20,000 Gangmembers in L.A. alone and..
Im pretty sure they dont have shaved heads,combat boots,etc
There are more poor white single mothers because whites at the..
Moment make up about 70-75% of the population.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:47 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,349,509 times
You know, I was thinking the same thing earlier today.

Maybe we need a "black" section of the forum, because there's literally almost no point in whites joining any discussion on black issues, because they'd just be labeled uninformed, ignorant, racist, don't understand "the struggle," can't relate, etc.

But indeed, there will NEVER be rational or levelheaded debate on racial issues in America in general. Ever. All sides think every other side are irrational and racist.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:22 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,344,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You know, I was thinking the same thing earlier today.

Maybe we need a "black" section of the forum,
That would be kinda cool - but what would you call the section?

because there's literally almost no point in whites joining any discussion on black issues, because they'd just be labeled uninformed, ignorant, racist, don't understand "the struggle," can't relate, etc. I wouldn't say that; some very good comments have been made by non-black people on other threads. It's just a handful who want to come and start up that whole "black people are the problem with everything on this earth because they refuse to get over slavery" stuff that annoy me. I'm black and I'll be the first to admit I know nothing about slavery aside from the paragraph in my history books.

I've never had any interest in learning more about it. Maybe if they had something like the Holocaust Museum, I would but I just don't have the motivation to read stories about how black families were broken up and men were sold and that's why our family structure is so weak now. I'm sure that's wrong that I feel like that - but oh well it is what it is.

But indeed, there will NEVER be rational or levelheaded debate on racial issues in America in general. Ever. All sides think every other side are irrational and racist.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:47 PM

13,584 posts, read 21,356,616 times
I disagree there is no need for singling out a ethnic background for a sub group in the forum that only divides and points out differences even more.

There are enough sub sections,a thread on a topic is enough.A sub topic on a ethnic background section would make me as a white guy feel less welcomed to that section and debate and engaging people is the whole purpose of a forum.Why exclude and divide people?

One of the great things about this forum is we post our thoughts based only on our thoughts,once we tag color to our thoughts it takes away and creates bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies