Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 10:01 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,360,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
if National guard are sent to war ala Vietnam and Iraq and are federalized under emergency how can they not be considered troops?, and I did make mention to Governors misusing power also.
Let's get it staright NO govenors were corrupt. Most of the other states just held their heads up high and started rebuilding. NO is the only one that quit and turned rouge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then how come the Republicans insist that the war is not yet won and leaving Iraq would mean losing the war.
It's funny how when you have selective hearing you miss the important parts.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
Reading these post I can how blind Americans are. The American government make us believe we are a country of Freedom but we are not. Nothing in America is free but yet we are so brainwashed that we really beleive the government.

I think the UN need to inprison George Bush for his crimes. Our American president is a murder/killer and the same that happened to Saddaam need to happen to bush.

George Bush the president tell us that Saddam is a murder and he send his troops/millitary to kill innocent people. Our president is doing the exact same thing that he is accusing other leaders of doing.

WHen you have lived/traveled to other country you will have a whole different understanding and you will see the truth.

You can freely codemn the president on the internet.....that speaks volumes.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
agreed also with shilo

but beyond that most people like me supported Iraq because 9-11 was fresh in our mind and we wanted payback.We were told that Iraq had direct ties to terrorist that made 9-11 and that his WMD had a good chance of going into their hands.Tragedy fresh in the mind is the worse time to enact laws and revenge because it is based on emotion rather than reason and it is easy to play people's emotions,just like after a shooting some scream for total gun bans.....but don't think it out.

We (I) also were believing that all people want Democracy and if we just get rid of those pesky tyrants the people will embrace it and love Americans for liberating them.....that was naive and American's living in a bubble thinking we are the knights in shining armor and that America has a duty to spread Democracy.naive and self delusional,I realize that now.

We need to go after exactly who did 9-11 nothing more.....because taking on terrorism even if not directly focused toward America will be a endless task and we should not try to restructure cultures just take out the regimes that directly attack us and then leave.

Explain rehiring him in 2004.....If most people didn't feel that way.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Ok we invaded someone else country and call them the terrorist when we are in their country killing their innocent people including children.

It is so sad what happended in 9-11 but I think America need to move on starting a war is not helping more and more innocent people are dying.

If other country had to do what America had done to them would you think that is fair.
I know so many people from countries around the world have history of the horrible things America have done to their country and innocent people. i do not see those people saying oh lets go after those Americans who are responsible for what they have done. If they did America would consider them terrorist.

The number one terrorist in the world is America come on people if almost every country in the world hate America what does that tell you about the dirty secrect the government does not want Americans to know.

Seriously take a look at Americas history it's hardly one of selfishness.....Only people with a limited understanding of history would say otherwise.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I support our troops. I don't agree with why we are there. I don't believe anyone lied. I do believe that we reacted in large part to Saddams agressive behavior and past history. At one point he obviously had WMD's. He used them after all repeatedly.
I damn sure don't agree with paying for Iraq's rebuild. They are an oil rich nation let them pay for it themselves.

The return on that investiment will be well worth it.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:11 PM

5,408 posts, read 7,776,982 times
Sure the War was very stupid and ill advised. Especially the Lack of Planning that went into the whole thing, just inexcusable from a military planning perspective.

Thank God the surge has resulted in a current drop in violence. Lets take advantage to get the Heck out of Dodge, as soon as practicable, before the thing blows up again and drains more of our military and fiscal resources.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,158,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Sure the War was very stupid and ill advised. Especially the Lack of Planning that went into the whole thing, just inexcusable from a military planning perspective.

Thank God the surge has resulted in a current drop in violence. Lets take advantage to get the Heck out of Dodge, as soon as practicable, before the thing blows up again and drains more of our military and fiscal resources.
Roger that shipmate

Old 07-24-2008, 10:45 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,287,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Seriously take a look at Americas history it's hardly one of selfishness.....Only people with a limited understanding of history would say otherwise.
What you are only speaking of is America history and what the Government want Americans to know. I am speaking about those sickening secrects that the government hides from the people.

First off if you go back into America's history you will find that America was discovered on war/blood/caring for oneself.

First off America became America after killing innocent Indians then bringing Blacks from African to become their slaves. So are you saying America did good after doing evil such as bombing Iraq then spending billions of dollars to rebuild what we destroyed which makes no sense.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,158,085 times
Quote:
What you are only speaking of is America history and what the Government want Americans to know. I am speaking about those sickening secrects that the government hides from the people.

First off if you go back into America's history you will find that America was discovered on war/blood/caring for oneself.

First off America became America after killing innocent Indians then bringing Blacks from African to become their slaves. So are you saying America did good after doing evil such as bombing Iraq then spending billions of dollars to rebuild what we destroyed which makes no sense.
Define innocent? How were the africans captured?
Iraq? Well we got rid of saddam and company, it was the follow through we choked on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies