Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 03:12 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Actually, it was Popular Mechanics which published the "Dubunking the 9/11 Myths" article.

Let me guess, they are owned by the Illumaniti as well. Should I not believe anything I read in Motor Trend as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 04:15 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
I'd love to see him impeached and removed from office, for spitting on our Constitution over and over and over again. But you know what? There's an election in a few months. Just let it lie. This is ridiculous.
Let it go?...Why? If Bush committed crimes in violation of the U.S. Constitution, then he should be tried for such offenses. Why should Bush be treated any better than the common criminal? The President is not above the law. Setting aside Bush's criminal acts simply because his term of office is comming to an end undermines the Laws of the Land and the U.S. Constitution.

Last edited by dorado0359; 07-25-2008 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: error

Old 07-25-2008, 04:21 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Yes, broadcast it live, on a channel with no interruptions or special report editing. Wait, they have that already on CSpan? Did you watch the 9/11 commission reports on CSpan? I did and it was night and day in difference from what he news reported on. Do you know which one most people watched? That would be the "we simplify the news for the too stupid to understand" networks. And they reported it wrong.
Ummm are you referring to Faux?

If America was truely free the media would report all news, not just the news they want us to hear.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:22 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
This whole thread is sad.....it's looking more and more like divided we fall....I see some have blood in their eyes and foam on their mouth and don't care what the end results are.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:31 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Ummm are you referring to Faux?

If America was truely free the media would report all news, not just the news they want us to hear.
No... I am referring to C-Span?

C-SPAN: Watch LIVE

Basically, its taking a camera into congress, dropping it off, turning it on and letting it run the whole time. You get everything from the "hot" discussions right down to he head nodding silence of nothing going on.

The point is, there is no "commentary", no "leading the audience". What you get is what you see and what you see is EXACTLY what is going on.

It was funny to watch it as the "news" would show an out of context remark all souped up to make a representative look like they asked an important question, then they would cut to the response of the person they attacked, let them say a sentence or two and then cut them off summarizing how D-Representative blah blah really put the heat on these people.

Yet, if you were watching C-Span, you saw how the response in full by the person made the D-Representative look like they were a complete idiot.

You watch the news, I will watch the actual hearings and read the actual transcript. We will then see who gets "the truth".

edit:

to be honest, the fact that you don't even know what C-Span is only tells me you get your news from talking points. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but seriously, you honestly have never heard of C-Span?

Old 07-25-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
No... I am referring to C-Span?

C-SPAN: Watch LIVE

Basically, its taking a camera into congress, dropping it off, turning it on and letting it run the whole time. You get everything from the "hot" discussions right down to he head nodding silence of nothing going on.

The point is, there is no "commentary", no "leading the audience". What you get is what you see and what you see is EXACTLY what is going on.

It was funny to watch it as the "news" would show an out of context remark all souped up to make a representative look like they asked an important question, then they would cut to the response of the person they attacked, let them say a sentence or two and then cut them off summarizing how D-Representative blah blah really put the heat on these people.

Yet, if you were watching C-Span, you saw how the response in full by the person made the D-Representative look like they were a complete idiot.

You watch the news, I will watch the actual hearings and read the actual transcript. We will then see who gets "the truth".

Ahhhh.... a little does of reality to the folks relying on the 6 o'clock news for their beliefs. thanks I gave you reps.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:43 PM

90 posts, read 179,486 times
It's funny how we take things to an extreme sometimes in our reactions when usually, there's a solid middle ground between people who disagree or have differing beliefs amongst each other.

Anyone that wants to find the information, can find it. There's a lot out there. I'd take the time to do it, but why? If I could find it, so can anyone else if they care to. Any links I provide here will likely result in just further discussion on why it is or isn't true or why or it is or it isn't a conspiracy.

It's all relative. I don't believe everything I read either nor do I believe that, for example, Pop. Science or Motor Trends are a lying pile of poop on everything. Extremes.

None of us here are going to agree with one another 100% .. but insulting one another or labeling one another doesn't help when, I would bet, most of us have a common goal - to have a united country and a leader that does not abuse his powers and that we don't take all the BS and lies they tell us, lying down.

The only way our country is going to change, is if we all wake up to the collective belief that our government is NOT serving the best interests of our country. I think most people can agree on at least that? And instead of giving away our power, we stand up and basically say we won't take this BS any more.

Bush and Cheney have done nothing but chip away systematically at the Constitution, all on the false pretense that they are protecting us. But who is protecting us from the real terrorists - the government?

If impeachment or charges brought to fruition over their war crimes, treason, etc. is successful, then I say it's about time. But I don't see it happening because the majority of American citizens appear to care more about other things and are fine with letting the government tell them what they can or can not do.

I sense a breaking point is coming though. I may be wrong and it may be wishful thinking, but sooner or later, people are going to get up and say "enough's enough" and hopefully it won't then be too late.

JMHO of course. My truths and my reality are mine, just as everyone else has theirs

Old 07-25-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphinswink View Post

If impeachment or charges brought to fruition over their war crimes, treason, etc. is successful, then I say it's about time. But I don't see it happening because the majority of American citizens appear to care more about other things and are fine with letting the government tell them what they can or can not do.
Politely put insults are still insults.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:57 PM

90 posts, read 179,486 times
LOL.. it wasn't meant to be an insult but your interpretation is yours. I did end my post with a "JMHO" .. so therefore it's an opnion, not fact.

I apologize if it felt insulting ... it was not my intention. I should have added that my personal experience in my personal world has led me to conclude that many people care more about other things than they do about this.

I stand corrected.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
the money is spent. too late to get it back. but its not too late to plug the hole in the dam.
vote in november please. its not what happened that is sobering. we went 8 years with a president with an approval rating of 29%. what's up with that? who is minding the store?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies