Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 02:03 PM

90 posts, read 179,552 times

Advertisements

What you call conspiracy nuts, I call truth seekers. Agree to disagree.

There is evidence out there that fully supports 9/11 was an inside job and that Bush & Co. not only had completely knowledge of it beforehand, but helped to orchestrate it.

Different views do not necessarily mean one is a conspiracy nut, especially if evidence and/or proof is provided - then it's not conspiracy, it's truth.

Bush is not smart enough to have done anything, he simply followed orders. If anyone cares enough to find out more information, they only need to look around themselves .. outside the mainstream media who only tells you what they are supposed to tell you, and even then, the "news" is twisted or is meant to prey on peoples' fears.

But back to impeachment ... Bush & Co. deserve it, but it won't happen. Too many people consider this a waste of time b/c we have "other problems to focus on." And it's this kind of attitude that allow politicians to get away with the BS they do ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 02:07 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What a bunch of crap and a waste of time & money. The guy will be out of office in 6 months.

Your right but if we can get him out of that office this very day then at least America cant fall anymore then he already caused it to do. Without him then we can limit the damage.

Instead of impeachment the Dictator really should be tried for war crimes and hung from the same rope as Saddam Hussien. They both are guilty of the same exact crimes. But it ain't gona happen. Ol bushy the Dictator has already burried new laws to protect him and his cronies from prosecution for all the crimes they commited. Oh and he also wrote more laws to protect the companies he assigned to spying on us to protect them too.

I say hangum and broadcast it on live TV.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:09 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphinswink View Post
What you call conspiracy nuts, I call truth seekers. Agree to disagree.

There is evidence out there that fully supports 9/11 was an inside job and that Bush & Co. not only had completely knowledge of it beforehand, but helped to orchestrate it.

Different views do not necessarily mean one is a conspiracy nut, especially if evidence and/or proof is provided - then it's not conspiracy, it's truth.

Bush is not smart enough to have done anything, he simply followed orders. If anyone cares enough to find out more information, they only need to look around themselves .. outside the mainstream media who only tells you what they are supposed to tell you, and even then, the "news" is twisted or is meant to prey on peoples' fears.

But back to impeachment ... Bush & Co. deserve it, but it won't happen. Too many people consider this a waste of time b/c we have "other problems to focus on." And it's this kind of attitude that allow politicians to get away with the BS they do ...
Thats the funny thing. They are conspiracy theories because they are based entirely on the perception of unverifiable issues.

Look at the 9/11 conspiracy claims. Popular science contested all of the points made concerning the conspiracy theories. They used a scientific approach to measure the claims. Many of the claims they found completely false and those they couldn't disprove completely, the conspiracy theory people could no more prove it themselves. Thats why conspiracy theories exist.

Also, there is a lot of "misinformation" out there. Many people proclaim truth based on the tailored data they are fed or are willing to accept. People still believe the AWOL claims with Bush even though it has been disproved over and over again. Heck, they didn't let Dan Rather go because he was right. He lied, people believed it and people still do.

This is nothing more than feeding those who live in a fantasy. Hell, people still claim that Clinton wasn't impeached, but you can't get that through to some people because they are too busy looking for the "truth". Their "truth" that is. /boggle

Old 07-25-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I say hangum and broadcast it on live TV.
Yes, broadcast it live, on a channel with no interruptions or special report editing. Wait, they have that already on CSpan? Did you watch the 9/11 commission reports on CSpan? I did and it was night and day in difference from what he news reported on. Do you know which one most people watched? That would be the "we simplify the news for the too stupid to understand" networks. And they reported it wrong.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:17 PM

90 posts, read 179,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Thats the funny thing. They are conspiracy theories because they are based entirely on the perception of unverifiable issues.

Look at the 9/11 conspiracy claims. Popular science contested all of the points made concerning the conspiracy theories. They used a scientific approach to measure the claims. Many of the claims they found completely false and those they couldn't disprove completely, the conspiracy theory people could no more prove it themselves. Thats why conspiracy theories exist.

Also, there is a lot of "misinformation" out there. Many people proclaim truth based on the tailored data they are fed or are willing to accept. People still believe the AWOL claims with Bush even though it has been disproved over and over again. Heck, they didn't let Dan Rather go because he was right. He lied, people believed it and people still do.

This is nothing more than feeding those who live in a fantasy. Hell, people still claim that Clinton wasn't impeached, but you can't get that through to some people because they are too busy looking for the "truth". Their "truth" that is. /boggle
So you're saying you believe a mainstream press publication?

Popular Science is owned by the Illumaniti that actually runs our government behind the scenes. Yes, you can call that a conspiracy. Like I said, we'll agree to disagree.

Quote:
they are based entirely on the perception of unverifiable issues.
There ARE verifiable claims. But if one is only going to read what the mainstream calls their verifiable claims, then to them, that's the real truth. Never mind that there IS verifiable evidence OUTSIDE the mainstream press that proves otherwise.

Again, agree to disagree.

Sorry, we've gotten off tangent here. This is a thread about impeachment hearings.

I can agree with you that there is a lot of disinfo out there. But it's up to the people to decide what is true and what is not. "Hiding things in plain sight" is a tactic well known by TPTB. It keeps us all spinning in circles, causing divide, and never having the ability to all come together as one true country who can stand by a common belief - that we are the United States of America and all that the Bush Regime stands for is NOT what America stands for.

desertsun: Good post. Bush & Co. have signed into law powers that NO President should ever have at his disposal. And yet here we are, just not doing a thing about it. Hence, good for Kucinich for having the balls most people in our government don't have.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
So you're saying you believe a mainstream press publication?

Popular Science is owned by the Illumaniti that actually runs our government behind the scenes. Yes, you can call that a conspiracy. Like I said, we'll agree to disagree.
*chuckle* No, I don't believe them because they said something. I reason the case they give. They didn't wave a magical wand and proclaim the nuts wrong. It can be quantified and verified what they said.

Thats how the conpiracy nuts work. They always have to operate in the realms of the unprovable in order to exist. They never use methods that can be quantified. For instance, you gave a perfect example of their evasions. You make a claim (they are the Illumaniti) which can not be quantified or verified and lives within the realms of faith based claims so the information they do provide which can be quantified and verified can be ignored. Its always a tit for tat claim with them.

What If I proclaimed you were working for the illumaniti? That is you are part of a large group of internet slander agents who are merely trying to keep the country confused by issues so they can ultimately hide the true plans to slowly take over the country? I could go on for hours linking circumstantial evidence to support my claims and involving one secret organization and plan after another. Each one of the claims you could not fully contest as there would always be a response by me that places your claim in question and can not be verified by either side to be true or untrue. Anything you did contest with verifiable proof would simply be evaded with an yet another claim that is so wild and vague it could not be verified.

Quote:
There ARE verifiable claims. But if one is only going to read what the mainstream calls their verifiable claims, then to them, that's the real truth. Never mind that there IS verifiable evidence OUTSIDE the mainstream press that proves otherwise.

Again, agree to disagree.

Sorry, we've gotten off tangent here. This is a thread about impeachment hearings.

I can agree with you that there is a lot of disinfo out there. But it's up to the people to decide what is true and what is not. "Hiding things in plain sight" is a tactic well known by TPTB. It keeps us all spinning in circles, causing divide, and never having the ability to all come together as one true country who can stand by a common belief - that we are the United States of America and all that the Bush Regime stands for is NOT what America stands for.
I don't follow mainstream. In fact, if you see some of the issues I post more specifically on, you will notice I am a HUGE fan of understanding the details myself, not the summaries of others. All news agencies have an agenda, you even have an agenda. I recognize it and take everything you say as a matter of being corrupted by that bias. If you do not provide evidence to me that can be quantified, I am only left to assume you are lying directly or severely misrepresenting it.

The funny things is, most of your claims are often shared by many forms of the media. So your position of "individual" thought I find rather suspect.

In the end, all that matters is the data. I deal in the facts, not the conspiracies.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:44 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post

So if everyone who disagrees with you is a conspiracy nut, and they are fed misinformation, what makes your information so much more reputable?

If you are basically saying that there are those out there who are only taking information they want to, who is to say that you are not doing the same?

I'm not saying that I disagree with you completely, I just wonder why your ideals and information are on such high-ground...

Quote:
I don't follow mainstream. In fact, if you see some of the issues I post more specifically on, you will notice I am a HUGE fan of understanding the details myself, not the summaries of others. All news agencies have an agenda, you even have an agenda. I recognize it and take everything you say as a matter of being corrupted by that bias. If you do not provide evidence to me that can be quantified, I am only left to assume you are lying directly or severely misrepresenting it.
see here again, according to this, you certainly must be corrupted by your own bias. likewise, if you only provide me evidence from something like a media outlet, I am forced to assume that you are lying...

I'm not trying to be rude with you, just that there is a chance that maybe neither side is spot on, and in reality both sides are probably out for their own self aggrandizement and agenda...

Old 07-25-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
So if everyone who disagrees with you is a conspiracy nut, and they are fed misinformation, what makes your information so much more reputable?

If you are basically saying that there are those out there who are only taking information they want to, who is to say that you are not doing the same?

I'm not saying that I disagree with you completely, I just wonder why your ideals and information are on such high-ground...
No, you are welcome to a disagreement, in fact a logical discussion that deals with the facts of the issue and honestly discusses them, I am all for any disagreement you might have it is established in that way.

Is that what is going on? Seriously, did you read anyting of the person I was responding to?

" Popular Science is owned by the Illumaniti that actually runs our government behind the scenes."

Thats not a disagreement, thats a wildly speculative slander used to evade the facts that popular science found concerning the 9/11 tin foil hat theory. A logical fallacy was used, a pretty darn kooky one at that.

A disagreement would have been coming back with anything popular science concluded (within context) and showing how they were incorrect in their assessment by providing quantifiable evidence that counters their claims. That would be a disagreement.

I am not better than any other person. I am just as susceptible to emotional positions as the next person. I do try to catch myself though and look at the fact of the issue. If it is hearsay, it isn't fact, its just gossip and until it can be verified, it isn't a proper premise in discussions like these.

What we should be doing here is fact checking each other. Forcing each other to properly support our positions with validated evidence, logical reasoning, and proper discussion.

What we are actually doing is one gossip claim after another which is designed for one purpose, and that is to slander the opponent and purport a personal bias.

Notice I am not standing up and claiming Bush our savior. In fact, I haven't really said anything in support of Bush at all. What I have done is ridiculed some people for making wild claims, for furthering gossip and pushing personal agenda.

You don't have to believe me, you have to merely honestly and logically evaluate the facts of these claims.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:08 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Actually, it was Popular Mechanics which published the "Dubunking the 9/11 Myths" article.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Actually, it was Popular Mechanics which published the "Dubunking the 9/11 Myths" article.
Ack, my bad. Thanks for the correction.

See cleatis, this is what we need more of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies