Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 09:31 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,158,308 times

Advertisements

Panam - I'm sure you know that Cuba is the exception to any human rights or exodus issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2007, 09:47 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,668,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitazz View Post
Don't worry. It's only gonna get better.

After I invaded this country and degraded your quality of life, I went back to Colombia and found out they were opening call centers and training people to speak English. So the outsourcing will continue and you will pay not only for welfare & unemployment, but also for all the stupid wars coming up in the next few years.

Oh, so it was you! Naughty, naughty, naughty! You better stop!

Oh, and while you're at it, cut down all those coca bushes.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:35 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
PanAm, we we shouldn't need the Geneva Convention to tell us to treat all humans with dignity. It should be a natural and I believe that it mainly pretains to war and not illegal immigration. So then why are the oppressed who are fleeing to Mexico being treated like dirt by the Mexican government, yet we're supposed to treat the little sneaks like we treat everyone else? And yes, it is in the best interest of a poor country like Mexico to get rid of their poorest people. That is the reason their leader is in favor of us opening our borders.

I really doubt that the U.S. has spare money floating around to build schools for other countries, although we do contribute way too much to them. We're struggling to keep our own schools going and new ones built. Maybe other countries would like to chip in and give us a hand???? We do have a deficit.

As far as illegals not harming anyone here's one example. A van load of 20illegals were heading to work in my neighboring state. They had a terrible accident and several were killed. They had no life insurance so the county the accident occured in was responsible for their burials. The others were transported to local hospitals. Guess who footed that bill~yup, the county did. That county would've been bankrupt for the year had the state not given them more aid.

Our social security system is failing and all the money the baby boomers paid into it has been squandered away. Now they are working on legislation to allow illegals to collect with only putting in half the time that the legalized citizens do. Also, think about the hospitals across the southern U.S. that will give medical care to non-Americans, but if an American citizen went there for help, they'd be denied. We have enough of our own poor and homeless that we don't care for.

I realize that it's a two edged sword. I understand that the illegals are only being used by the wealthy to get richer. Their lives are not good, but of better quality then they would be if they'd have stayed in their own country. I guess the thing that is the worst is how some illegals feel we can't live without them and WE need them, but you never hear them say how they need our country. There are some who display their own flags and walk in the streets carrying their native flags and carrying OURS upside down. And it's U.S. Streets. I feel that if so many didn't have the "in your face" attitude toward American citizens, there's the possibility that our differences could be taken care of.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:49 PM

13 posts, read 65,471 times
What exactly are the lower class jobs that are getting outsourced from Miami?????
Hotel and restaurant waiters and waitresses? Or generally hotel and restaurant workers?
Publix, Kmart, Target, BrandsMart, BestBuy….etc sales people?
Are you working for one of the cities/ municipalities in the area? Yes, a low paid Chinese worker in china can keep clean and organized here everything also can provide police and fire and other emergency services from china (with a magic hand). Or you have problems with immigration?
There are close to 50% more job openings in the lower class only than the total numbers of unemployed people in the area. If you don’t work, it’s because you don’t want.

PS: This country was built by immigrants and slaves. You don’t like it; you can leave or make it better. I am against illegal immigration, not the legal ones.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:58 PM

12 posts, read 85,884 times
Just my 2 cents here. I am originally from the Grove. Been outsourced or downsized a few times in my life. Hey, IMHO, it's just a sign to move on, move forward. It s*cks yea, but greedy ppl move on, why not me? After years with Eastern Airlines, I was downsized. So I picked upa book and retrained myself. After years in IT, many times my job had been outsourced to India or wherever. GE sent my last job to Pakistan, I moved on to the next phase. Now I sell cars for a repuatble company. I beat the system and the cubicle life! Last year ('05) we got tired of the hurricanes and moved to SC in a tiny area. I hate it here and miss the Latin American influence that taught me how to be a sucessful survivor. I hate it here but am determined to make it. Pray for this gringo in Wahido land, lol.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:49 PM

183 posts, read 567,812 times
There are two types of people coming to America from the third world countries. There are the academically qualified and experienced people who have no problem getting a resident U.S. visa. I know the U.S. is recruting teachers and nurses in the english-speaking Caribbean, but there is nothing those countries can do about it because the people are free to do what they want. Those countries can only try to compete with the U.S. to keep their best people at home. Some of those Caribbean countries have themselves to be recruting from other countries like India, to pick up the slack in teaching and nursing.
Then there is unskilled labour. Those are the men and women who go to America to do work that Americans no longer do: picking fruit, household help, hotel maid and that kind of thing.
There is also the criminal element that get in, and the latent criminal who comes in and later turns to crime. This is a much smaller group, but they get all the attention because they break the law and make a nusance of themselves to society. It's the job of U.S. immigration and law enforcement to deal with those, and I do not envy them the task. America is wealthy and has the promise of the better life to some third world people, not all. Most third world people are not adventerous enough to pull up and head to a country they do not know, and where they do not have close connections with people there. And most of them would not want to leave their kids, wives, husbands and relatives and the culture they know and love.
It is fair to say that ninety percent of those who desire to, or do migrate to America are regular employment minded people with a vision of what they want, and are not too scared to go a foreign land and start a new life.
Third world migrants in America send back billions of dollars to parents, grandparents and their kids...not in large individual amounts, but like one and two hundred dollars each month. They also send back packages of clothing, shoes, cell phones, color tv's and everything else that the family needs back home.
Long live America, Canada and the U.K for their liberal immigration policy.

Last edited by Tjam; 02-09-2007 at 08:12 PM..

Old 03-25-2007, 11:46 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,311 times
This is not a post I would like to revisit, but since my comments were misinterpreted by the banned member Txlady,I would like to clear my name. And uh, no, homeland security has not contacted me yet!

When I spoke about wars I was talking about the wars in the Middle East. The ones that our government cares for, because there is a lot, but a lot of oil involved. I wasn't talking about Colombia declaring war. There is not enough oil there. Washington won't go there. Period.

I am also a citizen, with an American passport, that pays taxes, so it's not in my best interest to declare war on my own country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txlady View Post
umm yep i have .half of my family is cuban!!!!But i am 100% american and wanting to wake americans up !!!!!!!.
Oh she's hispanic?? no comments.

Last edited by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥; 03-26-2007 at 12:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies