Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2008, 03:43 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The July ratings for Prime-Time TV (8-11 PM Eastern Time):

#6.... Fox News Channel

#22... CNN

#30... MSNBC

Now we know why the leftists are still attacking Fox! (And posting myths about that station.)

Go, FOX NEWS!!!
LOL, since when are 'ratings' indicative of 'reality'? People watch FN for its entertainment value, and that's exactly what they get: entertainment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 04:36 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
LOL, since when are 'ratings' indicative of 'reality'? People watch FN for its entertainment value, and that's exactly what they get: entertainment.
I didn't say it was "reality."
But if Fox News was #30, that station would almost be unnoticed (kind of like how MSNBC is now ).

Old 08-01-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Does this shock anyone? A former senior member of the Bush Administration is found not to be very competent or careful with the truth?
Lol. Before the libs makes posts claiming that the White House gave Fox News "talking points," now the person who made the claim is "not competent!"

Old 08-01-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I didn't say it was "reality."
I know... I did. You posted ratings as though they mean anything in the context of this topic. If anything, you've substantiated the propaganda machine. Thanks for being a willing participant and thanks for validating that which we already know...
Quote:
But if Fox News was #30, that station would almost be unnoticed (kind of like how MSNBC is now ).
But... they're not unnoticed as you've just mentioned them out, twice. Besides the point, nonetheless...

Old 08-02-2008, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
I know... I did. You posted ratings as though they mean anything in the context of this topic. If anything, you've substantiated the propaganda machine. Thanks for being a willing participant and thanks for validating that which we already know...
I posted it because Fox's success seems to drive liberals crazy!

Quote:
But... they're not unnoticed as you've just mentioned them out, twice. Besides the point, nonetheless
See? It's working.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:16 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Today on Hardball, former White House press secretary Scott McClellan admitted to Chris Matthews that the Bush administration has regularly given "talking points" to Fox News commentators (such as O'Reilly and Hannity) to act as the White House's spokespeople.

'Bout time someone with insider information on the White House has finally admitted that Bushco uses Fox News as their mouthpiece, which, in effect, makes Fox News neither fair nor balanced, as they so adamantly proclaim to be.
Well, this is sort of a "no brain-er" (that they receive talking points); but, McClelland has no credibility whatsoever, so I don't automatically accept carte blanche anything he says as being truth, regardless his position in the White House. People lie. And, they often do it for personal gain, if it looks like it will work.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't doubt that Fox gets talking points. They're in the news business. Democrats would be wise to use Fox as well, but they have this innate hatred for anything they perceive to be right leaning.

Until Fox News came along, there really wasn't any TV news that was even close to balanced; virtually all the other networks are hard left leaning, wouldn't you say? Surely you don't think they are balanced, do you?

Every White House Press Conference is an opportunity for the current administration to give "talking points" to the Media, and people in the current administration, whether Democrat or Republican, call in to the radio talk shows now and then too.

Do you think that Democrats don't give talking points to MSNBC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and their favorite newspapers as well? How else would it be possible for all these various networks use exactly the same words and phrases in their stories as they have been know to do?

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 08-02-2008 at 04:21 AM.. Reason: Correction

Old 08-02-2008, 05:37 AM

Quote:
I posted it because Fox's success seems to drive liberals crazy!

See? It's working.
Cop-out? I'm not a liberal silly bee.

I'm just a independent/part-time conservative at my wit's end...

That being said, Fox's 'ratings' don't drive me 'crazy', because like WWE, I know what it really is: entertainment, and pretty good entertainment actually. I'd say more satirical value than SNL and the Onion put together.

It's those lemmings that attach some serious meaning to it that drive us all [that live in the real world] a little be crazy.

Last edited by tekka-maki; 08-02-2008 at 05:48 AM..

Old 08-02-2008, 06:45 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Does this shock anyone? A former senior member of the Bush Administration is found not to be very competent or careful with the truth?
The Bush administration has shown far more honesty and integrity than the Clinton administration, which was a picture of lying, cheating and real scandal, one after another.

To imply that this administration is incompetent (give me an example, please), or anything but honest simply does not stand up to scrutiny.

Bush administration appointees have been of the highest moral character.

Compare Condoleeza Rice to Ms. Albright. There simply is no comparison. Rice is far more intelligent, and her honesty cannot be questioned. Albright, on the other hand was just a Clinton lackey.

We'll never know how those files miraculously turned up in Hilary's office, either.

And what about Hilary's 'Cattle Futures' profit? Shall we go on?

There has never been a more dishonest administration than the Clinton administration.

Since the begining of this administration, the Democrats have been obsessed with efforts to bring phony charges, creat scandal where none exists, and call for investigation after investigation into their trumped up charges. And it continues today, even in the face of an energy crisis which they refuse to debate. More important that they investigate Bush.

Example:

The phony Valerie Plame so-called scandal, which was a manufactured scandal. There was no scandal at all, because no one "outed" Valerie Plame. Everyone already knew who she was, as her husband (Joe Wilson) apparently used to refer to her as his CIA wife (so it had been reported). She had not been an active agent for more than five years, which means there was no crime committed, even if she was "outed".

Joe Wilson (a Clinton holdover) is a known liar, and he lied about his trip to Niger.

But, Democrats love investigations of Republican administration officials. And, while they go after Republicans, they give there own a pass, ergo William Jefferson, Democrat, LA still has his seat, and Hary Reid has not been called to account for his shady real estate deals.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:06 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,636 times
Quote:
Lol. Before the libs makes posts claiming that the White House gave Fox News "talking points," now the person who made the claim is "not competent!"
Seems to be the gist of the complaints -- he can't stay on his own talking points, gets confused and misstates what happened. Sound remarkably like Bush, Scooter, Rove, Miers, et al.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Bush administration has shown far more honesty and integrity than the Clinton administration, which was a picture of lying, cheating and real scandal, one after another.
Spoken like a true right wing-nut... in the world where gratuitous death, destruction, wrath, gluttony, hubris, greed, treason (see Plame); political and economic mayhem rank much lower on the vice list than infidelity (the blasphemous cardinal sin of sins) and perjury (related to infidelity). But... at least the Clinton folks showed up to testify. For this bunch (i.e. Bush's brain -- Karl Rove), you have to actually catch the bunch on the street and get 'em 'pitchfork and torch' style as 'Executive Privilege' is now a retooled Dictatorship in this country. Thank the lord that the judiciary hasn't gone quite as insane with power yet...

Citizens’ Arrest of Karl Rove Attempted in Iowa

House panel votes to cite Rove for contempt (broken link)

Last edited by tekka-maki; 08-02-2008 at 07:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies