Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 10:18 AM

Location: Wandering the halls aimlessly...Hello? Is anyone there?
307 posts, read 455,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
Give me a break, just because some idiot has a few months of education to be a cop doesn't mean I am automatically going to act like a sniveling butt-kisser because he is in a bad mood. Police officers are to be respectful and courteous unless given reason not to be. Period. I show the utmost respect until any kind of insult or curse word leaves the officers mouth, at that point I ask him in a stern voice NOT to talk to me like that and then if he does again I ask for his badge number. I've made more than a couple officers regret confusing me for some stupid adolescent male.
I could respond to your negative comments by voicing all that I feel about you and your mean spirited comments but I wont. This is the first post I have seen by you and hopefully the last. Let me guess? By him being rude you mean that he gave you a ticket and that angered you right? He insulted you by asking you to abide by the laws set forth by you the tax payer, and you feel that you should be exempt from the enforcemment process because you probably hold some status in the community right? I can just imagine your reaction, raising your voice over his, cutting him off, never giving him a second to answer your rapid fire questions and never giving a second to to think about what it was that YOU did wrong. Heaven forbid he or she raises HIS or HER voice so as to gain control of the situation. Then he or she is being rude or insulting you. I know your kind all to well. You are the name droppers, freinds of the Chief or Captain or Sgt and say something embellished or incorrect to anyone who will lend then an ear. Your the reason I carry a recorder....and I have also made numerous folks who would lie about what I said and give sworn statements to that effect pay for thier ficticious allegations. May you and I never cross paths as I think, based on your remarks, I would lose my professionalism and cast all that I hold dear to me out the window. Not all of us are afraid of a person such as you who harbors resentment for the police, wears the huge chip on his or her shoulder, and is one who would instigate either a verbal altercation or physical one to cash in on a quick buck and scream racism or police brutality.

For the record, the average education of a police officer goes well beyond the few months you made mention of and lasts well into a lifetime. Of course small or narrow minded thinkers such as you cant see that because of some hidden agenda or superiority complex you have. Your blatant desire to always challenge authority and belittle or falsley complain on one who would choose to be a cop makes me sick....literally.

Nonetheless, and although a big part of me says otherwise, I will appeal to the christian side of me and wish you peace...

Winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 10:31 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterscorpion View Post
I could respond to your negative comments by voicing all that I feel about you and your mean spirited comments but I wont. This is the first post I have seen by you and hopefully the last. Let me guess? By him being rude you mean that he gave you a ticket and that angered you right? He insulted you by asking you to abide by the laws set forth by you the tax payer, and you feel that you should be exempt from the enforcemment process because you probably hold some status in the community right? I can just imagine your reaction, raising your voice over his, cutting him off, never giving him a second to answer your rapid fire questions and never giving a second to to think about what it was that YOU did wrong. Heaven forbid he or she raises HIS or HER voice so as to gain control of the situation. Then he or she is being rude or insulting you. I know your kind all to well. You are the name droppers, freinds of the Chief or Captain or Sgt and say something embellished or incorrect to anyone who will lend then an ear. Your the reason I carry a recorder....and I have also made numerous folks who would lie about what I said and give sworn statements to that effect pay for thier ficticious allegations. May you and I never cross paths as I think, based on your remarks, I would lose my professionalism and cast all that I hold dear to me out the window. Not all of us are afraid of a person such as you who harbors resentment for the police, wears the huge chip on his or her shoulder, and is one who would instigate either a verbal altercation or physical one to cash in on a quick buck and scream racism or police brutality.

For the record, the average education of a police officer goes well beyond the few months you made mention of and lasts well into a lifetime. Of course small or narrow minded thinkers such as you cant see that because of some hidden agenda or superiority complex you have. Your blatant desire to always challenge authority and belittle or falsley complain on one who would choose to be a cop makes me sick....literally.

Nonetheless, and although a big part of me says otherwise, I will appeal to the christian side of me and wish you peace...

Winter.
One get off your high horse okay? You're no better than me so stop acting like it. Two the vast majority of officers I know had little less than a years worth of training before they became officers. True there are officers with associates and bachelors degrees but they are detectives, etc. Most patrol officers I know do not have associates and bachelors degrees. If you disagree provide evidence to the contrary. Thanks. Oh and for the record read what my message was responding to. I was responding to a message saying I should do whatever an officer asks no matter what it is. AN idiot with a temper is an idiot with a temper whether or not its a cop, nurse, or doc. Try not to be quite so defensive okay? Also, are you telling me that I don't have a right to the same courteous and respectful treatment that I show officers? That I have no right to be upset if I am told to shut the f**k up or am called a F*G? Really, What could have POSSIBLY offended you in my post enough for you to say you may lose control if we met, sarcasm or no. Seriously. The only thing you could have possibly taking umbrage with is the education thing. However from my experiences that is what most city patrols officers educational backgrounds are. So whats your problem? Prove me wrong if it bothers you that much.

Two. You wanna know an example of when I got an officer in trouble? Okay here yah go...my bf and I were holding hands and here is what the officer said..and i quote, "Get a room ****". That's it. No out of context bs. That is it. He saw us walking and holding hands, then calls us ****. Was I wrong to complain? I would be fired from my job for that. DO you still know "my type"?

Third. If stating my simple and noninflammatory opinion insults you so much that you hope you never meet me because of fear of what you'd do....you're kinda hurting your case don't yah think? I don't care what you think about my opinions okay? Do your job and shut the hell up. You think I get any thanks with my job? I save lives, I'm covered in blood, pus, and many other forms of noxious and dangerous substances on a daily basis. Do I get my butt kissed? Nope I don't, and thats fine by me. Also, If i see any other nurse misbehaving towards a client, I am THE FIRST to report them.

Last edited by Kereczr; 08-20-2008 at 10:58 AM..

Old 08-20-2008, 10:58 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,709 times
Quote:
It doesn't make him better, k thanks.
Actually it does. K? Thanks. He has decided to do something about society. Unlike others *coughyoucough* who just sits around, visiting forums, and contribute almost nothing but bitter sarcasm and idiocy. They really need to close this thread down before more armchair law professors (knuckleheads) try to get in here and show nothing but ignorance.

I would say anyone who contributes to society (firemen, policemen, servicemen (and all these include women, of course)) are better than those sitting around complaining about it. k? Thanks.

When you actually DO something that merits any sort of notice, I'll be the first to admit it? k? Thanks.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Actually it does. K? Thanks. He has decided to do something about society. Unlike others *coughyoucough* who just sits around, visiting forums, and contribute almost nothing but bitter sarcasm and idiocy. They really need to close this thread down before more armchair law professors (knuckleheads) try to get in here and show nothing but ignorance.

I would say anyone who contributes to society (firemen, policemen, servicemen (and all these include women, of course)) are better than those sitting around complaining about it. k? Thanks.

When you actually DO something that merits any sort of notice, I'll be the first to admit it? k? Thanks.
Haha you are judging my whole life saying I contribute nothing to society. Okay, health care professionals contribute nothing to society. Also, you're insulting me based on the fact I am on a forum...the very same forum you yourself are on? Oh dear lord. And how am I being bitter toward society? Dear lord I said that officers are no better than anyone else, neither are doctors, senators, millionaires, etc. And because of this belief of mine I am, according to you, an idiot...worthless...complaining about society..etc. How asinine can you possibly be? Also, armchair law professors.... where the hell did that come from? Where in my post do I even hint at an in depth knowledge of the law? You're pulling sh** outta your a**

Last edited by Kereczr; 08-20-2008 at 11:17 AM..

Old 08-20-2008, 11:06 AM

23 posts, read 39,904 times
Two. You wanna know an example of when I got an officer in trouble? Okay here yah go...my bf and I were holding hands and here is what the officer said..and i quote, "Get a room ****". That's it. No out of context bs. That is it. He saw us walking and holding hands, then calls us ****. Was I wrong to complain? DO you still know "my type"?

Now i see why we have anger and are displeased with officers.
Im not saying what he said was right or called for but not all cops are like this one.
Fyi i spent 1.5yrs in training before i hit the streets running and over 1500hrs of class work/hands on training. All of this was just so i could become an officer and not a detective.

Do your job and shut the hell up. You think I get any thanks with my job? I save lives, I'm covered in blood, pus, and many other forms of noxious and dangerous substances on a daily basis. Do I get my butt kissed? Nope I don't, and thats fine by me. Also, If i see any other nurse misbehaving towards a client, I am THE FIRST to report them.

Me thinks someone needs a hug.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txlawdawg View Post
Two. You wanna know an example of when I got an officer in trouble? Okay here yah go...my bf and I were holding hands and here is what the officer said..and i quote, "Get a room ****". That's it. No out of context bs. That is it. He saw us walking and holding hands, then calls us ****. Was I wrong to complain? DO you still know "my type"?

Now i see why we have anger and are displeased with officers.
Im not saying what he said was right or called for but not all cops are like this one.
Fyi i spent 1.5yrs in training before i hit the streets running and over 1500hrs of class work/hands on training. All of this was just so i could become an officer and not a detective.

Do your job and shut the hell up. You think I get any thanks with my job? I save lives, I'm covered in blood, pus, and many other forms of noxious and dangerous substances on a daily basis. Do I get my butt kissed? Nope I don't, and thats fine by me. Also, If i see any other nurse misbehaving towards a client, I am THE FIRST to report them.

Me thinks someone needs a hug.
Im sure training programs vary according to location. I didn't mean for it to spiral into a discussion about education requirements. My point was that no one is better than me nor can anyone justify my being treated like sh** based on a job title. However, I do appreciate you responding to my views without calling me lazy, bitter, or some other asinine insult based on nothing. Oh and btw I don't dislike officers, no no no, some of my good friends are officers. My point was that I demand as much respect as I give. Unless an officer has a reason to be verbally abusive they need to remain as calm as I have to.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:10 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Third. If stating my simple and noninflammatory opinion insults you so much that you hope you never meet me because of fear of what you'd do....you're kinda hurting your case don't yah think? I don't care what you think about my opinions okay? Do your job and shut the hell up. You think I get any thanks with my job? I save lives, I'm covered in blood, pus, and many other forms of noxious and dangerous substances on a daily basis. Do I get my butt kissed? Nope I don't, and thats fine by me. Also, If i see any other nurse misbehaving towards a client, I am THE FIRST to report them.
You also seem to be hurting your own case that the rude responses by the officers in your life have been unwarranted.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You also seem to be hurting your own case that the rude responses by the officers in your life have been unwarranted.
Are you high? Seriously your arguments make NO sense. You mind explaining to me how the hell my frustration over an online forum argument translates into some kind of moronic, warped, delusion on your part, that I somehow deserved any kind of mistreatment in the past by officers? You mind telling me how my online opinions and posts justifies me being called a F*G by an officer, or cursed at for parking in front of an officers home on a public street, or being flipped off by an officer when I honked at him for cutting me off, etc

Last edited by Kereczr; 08-20-2008 at 11:31 AM..

Old 08-20-2008, 11:25 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Are you high? Seriously your arguments make NO sense. You mind explaining to me how the hell you link my frustration over an online forum argument translates into some kind of moronic, warped, delusion on your part, that I somehow deserved any kind of mistreatment in the past by officers? You might telling me how my online opinions and posts justifies me being called a ****** by an officer, or being flipped off by an officer when I honked at him for cutting me off, etc?
You seem very quick to make angry responses, that's how. Read your posts. As for the comment where the officer called you a "f*g;" I agree with you that it was totally out of line.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You seem very quick to make angry responses, that's how. Read your posts. As for the comment where the officer called you a "f*g;" I agree with you that it was totally out of line.
And you seem very quick to throw around insulting replies. Especially considering the very first post of mine you responded to contained absolutely nothing that directly insults you. I won't remind you of your response because I am sure you can go back and read it. Pot paging kettle. Also, if I am treated with respect I show respect. Look at the posts I responded to. I wonder why I wasn't so nice in my response. Now look at my response to a polite reply coming from txlawdawg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies