Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 08:18 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times

Advertisements

Plant Drops Labor Day For Muslim Holiday - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville

SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. -- Some workers at a local plant will no longer to be able to take their Labor Day holiday because of religious reasons.

Workers at the Tyson Foods poultry processing plant in Shelbyville will no longer have a paid day off on Labor Day but will instead be granted the Muslim holiday Eid al-Fitr...

...Union leaders said implementing the holiday was important for the nearly 700 Muslims, many of them Somalis, who work at the plant that employs a total of 1,200 people.

_______

I can't help but be aggravated by the fact that the non-muslim people have to give up an American traditional holiday. I didn't do research on the subject, but why couldn't they have given the option to take one or the other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 08:32 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,684,899 times
I just read this too....it doesn't sit right, but they did vote for it. Now you can vote with your dollars at the grocery store if you don't like it.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:56 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,298,381 times
bbkaren, if you haven't already, please go to the immigration thread and watch the videos posted about Muslim extremism running wild in Great Britain. It's making its way here.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:59 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Tyson food. Im not surprised.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
bbkaren, if you haven't already, please go to the immigration thread and watch the videos posted about Muslim extremism running wild in Great Britain. It's making its way here.
You are preaching to the choir, my friend!

If this sort of thing interests you, check out the politics and controversies forum from time to time. It's often hopping with that sort of thing. Alas, I tend to be a little too politically incorrect and that ruffles the feathers of the PC police but we have a good time (or, I do) lol...

Old 08-04-2008, 09:07 AM

7,541 posts, read 17,241,244 times
Even to me, this sounds weird. America is not a traditionally Muslim nation; one of our important holidays for people in the workforce is Labor Day.

Ugh.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
...America is not a traditionally Muslim nation...
Neither was Great Britain. But now they're becoming one.

I had read they're even lightening up in the schools on teaching British history.

For example, they're considering taking police dogs off the force for fear of offending Muslims (There was a big deal about the post card that was sent around announcing the newest member--a puppy--of the police force. Muslims had a fit because dogs are considered dirty and were offended that a picture of a dog was in their mailboxes).

Old 08-04-2008, 09:22 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
For example, they're considering taking police dogs off the force for fear of offending Muslims (There was a big deal about the post card that was sent around announcing the newest member--a puppy--of the police force. Muslims had a fit because dogs are considered dirty and were offended that a picture of a dog was in their mailboxes).

Well ****. I need to send them pics of me kissing my dog on the mouth.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:28 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,982,154 times
I have no idea there was a large Somali population in Shelbyville.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:28 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,031,559 times
Muslims are taking over at an alarming pace with the frightening goal of ruling the world by Sharia law. Something needs to be done and done fast. I hope all 72 of their virgins are fat and ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies