U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 01:19 AM

90 posts, read 165,040 times

Advertisements

This is 5 pages long but well worth the read. In one spot, if it interests you, you can see the historical timeline since 1945, leading up to 9/11, and to present day, how our government has treated our civil liberties.

Loss of Civil Liberties Timeline

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 01:30 PM

My apologies!

Seems the link didn't work and I didn't double check to ensure that it did ... So sorry!

Here's the URL to be safe:

Loss of Civil Liberties Since 9/11

Thanks to mhouse2001 for letting me know

Old 07-27-2008, 08:43 PM

31,304 posts, read 29,687,364 times
Default Papers,,, do you have your papers?

How little we know of what this government has done in the past or present. When a government acts in secrecy and the general public is no longer aware we can only hope that congress has the knowledge of what is going on inside the government and it’s agencies. However with the present administration in office, congress is inept and knows nothing of what is going on. If the general public isn’t informed and their representatives have their hands tied or cannot get to the information of those in office ~ when we truly have a crisis in America. It leaves one to believe that we no longer have a democracy of freedoms but a fascist form of government similar to the Nazi party of Germany and Italy.

Pay your taxes, say nothing, keep moving on there’s nothing to see here, and do you have your papers?

Old 07-27-2008, 09:24 PM

563 posts, read 833,123 times
Wow this thing reads like a U.S. history book in H.S., but only it's not the U.S.S.R., it's the United States of America! It blows my mind that freedom is only a word, if someone is tracking my calls, how am I free? If someone is tracking my spending, how am I free? If someone is tracking my movements, how am I free? If someone is destroying the constitution, the only document that keeps me "free", how long can that document last in a weakened state before they try and completely dissolve it?

It blows my mind that past generations have let these things fester to what we have today? I, in my 30 some years of existence have never seen a more clear cut case that "we the people" need a president from "outside the bull", and start the reversing of this hideous path we are on.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:53 PM

Yes, it's pretty chilling to read all of this in one spot.

It reminds me of the frog in boiling water analogy, ya know?

We've been systematically and methodically, over the years, stripped of our liberties bit by bit by bit. And it's easy for people to not feel it happening b/c the govt. is clever - they stagger things over time until we've reached the point of no return.

They've kept us spinning to the point of paralysis and confusion.

Far be it from me to suggest that we need a revolution in this country. It would take a helluva lot of people to have a strong enough belief and a strong enough desire to do this ...

Old 07-27-2008, 09:55 PM

11,521 posts, read 12,728,751 times
They're watching right now you know.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
They're watching right now you know.
Good.

The more people that are aware that we are being watched and oppressed, the stronger the uprising will be.

Some will lay down without a fight ... I won't be one of them.

They may control everything else, but they will never control my soul ...

I love my country .. I love this world .. and I love humanity. It will take a majority belief that we share a simple common thread and to make that so strong, the majority win ...

Old 07-27-2008, 10:01 PM

11,521 posts, read 12,728,751 times
Perhaps you better stop posting. They might come haul you away and send you to Turkey to be tortured. Thats how they roll.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Perhaps you better stop posting. They might come haul you away and send you to Turkey to be tortured. Thats how they roll.
So you're saying you support the suppression of free speech? You believe in conformity?

No thanks.

Fear doesn't work on me. But thanks for trying

Old 07-28-2008, 12:41 AM

4,406 posts, read 5,705,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphinswink View Post
Good.

The more people that are aware that we are being watched and oppressed, the stronger the uprising will be.

Some will lay down without a fight ... I won't be one of them.

They may control everything else, but they will never control my soul ...

I love my country .. I love this world .. and I love humanity. It will take a majority belief that we share a simple common thread and to make that so strong, the majority win ...
I haven't read the entire link but I must comment on your mention of an uprising. Understand that any uprising has already been prepared for and the more "typical" its form (meaning we do what others have done before) the less chance there is of success. The groundwork for this present reality took quite a long time to develop and it is predicated on myriad probable responses being nipped in the bud. An unknown response is the only solution. I don't know what that is, but I trust it's there somewhere! Fight if you must, but do so in an entirely different way. For starters, examine how realities are created and then get to work creating your own, independent of outside influences. I know it sounds esoteric, but this is very useful. The basics of reality are worth rediscovering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies