Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 07:54 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,524,728 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if I'm the only one wondering about this as some of the more heated topics are debated...

To clarify, I don't necessarily think so, although if I were in intelligence I would certainly avail myself of CDF as a resource, and given crimes such as the recent Church shooting and it's correlation to some rants I've seen here, I think it could prove productive. I don't have an opinion on the matter other than it's potential usefulness, just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 08:04 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
I don't see anything that would be usefull to anyone posted on here and I doubt anybody is watching.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I don't see anything that would be usefull to anyone posted on here and I doubt anybody is watching.
Even if you were looking for a clinic bomber?

Old 07-29-2008, 08:17 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Just wondering if I'm the only one wondering about this as some of the more heated topics are debated...

To clarify, I don't necessarily think so, although if I were in intelligence I would certainly avail myself of CDF as a resource, and given crimes such as the recent Church shooting and it's correlation to some rants I've seen here, I think it could prove productive. I don't have an opinion on the matter other than it's potential usefulness, just wondering.
I of course can not say definitively, but I would bet money these type forums are cruised and checked up on from time to time. Some posters like myself may even be listed as possible insurgents for our "radical" beliefs. Key words like freedom, oppression, revolution are probably red listed just as certain web pages and even library books are. What would make us feel safe on the wide open forum when we can't even borrow a library book without the possibility that its on a list somewhere and now you are too. In this age of technology and surveillance, you can almost assume that at some point or another during your day you have been watched or spied on in one way or another. We are free people who are slowly becoming less free. Privacy is always the first thing to go, in the name of safety and national security.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:20 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
You know, I really don't even care. You want to profile me? Awesome, if not then shut the hell up. Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:28 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You know, I really don't even care. You want to profile me? Awesome, if not then shut the hell up. Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it.
But the thing is karfar, it starts with profiling! Then comes the harassment, and then comes the camps. Sounds far-fetched I know, but I sure don't want to hear of you being dragged off one day for speaking your mind. You should have no burden on your freedom of speech, and feeling that you may be being watched is a burden. As I said, to many this will seem out there, and I am not saying this will definitely come to pass. But I certainly wouldn't completely rule it out either! According to several books I have read the US already has several large camps set up as of now under the cover of training grounds. The largest being a one million acre swath of land located in Alaska. May seem far-fetched but then again we are talking about the US Government. Always ready to respond to any situation, even the possibility of a civil uprising right here at home.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:28 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,954 times
There's a lot of unsubstantiated hot air flying around here. If they followed up on every potential Citydata "lead", they'd be busy bees, indeed!

Old 07-29-2008, 08:30 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
...one million acre swath of land located in Alaska....
Wait, it all makes sense now why they refuse to drill for oil there...

kidding...

Old 07-29-2008, 08:31 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
But the thing is karfar, it starts with profiling! Then comes the harassment, and then comes the camps. Sounds far-fetched I know, but I sure don't want to hear of you being dragged off one day for speaking your mind. You should have no burden on your freedom of speech, and feeling that you may be being watched is a burden. As I said, to many this will seem out there, and I am not saying this will definitely come to pass. But I certainly wouldn't completely rule it out either! According to several books I have read the US already has several large camps set up as of now under the cover of training grounds. The largest being a one million acre swath of land located in Alaska. May seem far-fetched but then again we are talking about the US Government. Always ready to respond to any situation, even the possibility of a civil uprising right here at home.
Reads, I honestly don't even worry about that. But hey, if what you say is true, then I say bring it on. If whoever wants to try to give me trouble for freedom of speech, because hey that's what everyone on this forum keeps spouting, they can try. It's called getting a good attorney. But regardless, that is a little hysterical to even worry about. Go have a drink like I am & keep posting away, spys be damned!

Old 07-29-2008, 08:33 PM

Actually, Craigslist is a perfect example of how law enforcement does effectively use public forums in the course of criminal investigations and to get info out to the public ie missing or wanted persons, dangerous situations, undercover stings, etc. ad nauseum. I certainly am not advocating worrying about it, obviously, or I wouldn't have posted the question. But again, when I read about the Church shooter, this forum was the first thing that came to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies