Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 02:30 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,168,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
no, I made the point. just because you don't agree with something, doesn't mean it wasn't right. a shrink would look at someone who wanted to cut off their penis and get fake boobs as someone with a disorder. again, CASE CLOSED!
I don't know what's funnier. Your arguments or the fact you actually think they're valid. You have yet to make a valid point sir. Until you do you're just typing nonsense.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you know that there is no logic in any area of your arguments and are using pitiful cop-outs because of it. Is that giving you too much credit? Maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 02:39 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,844,917 times
read em and weep, cuz.

Body integrity identity disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I don't know what's funnier. Your arguments or the fact you actually think they're valid. You have yet to make a valid point sir. Until you do you're just typing nonsense.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you know that there is no logic in any area of your arguments and are using pitiful cop-outs because of it. Is that giving you too much credit? Maybe.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:06 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,660,340 times
marquisha is so funny!!! too bad i wont rep'er! thanks for the laughs tho. shouldnt you be in school anyways?

grown folks is talking.

if you have nothing real or relevant to say, then stay out the topic.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:12 PM

was I addressing you? I think not. if I do not address you, you may not address me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
marquisha is so funny!!! too bad i wont rep'er! thanks for the laughs tho. shouldnt you be in school anyways?

grown folks is talking.

if you have nothing real or relevant to say, then stay out the topic.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:16 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,290,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Isn't it still classified as such in the DSM? I thought it was. "Gender dysphoria"? If I'm wrong, good, and if not...well, I continue to disagree with the DSM on something.

About the topic...I don't understand that. There are some advantages but all in all, I can't see how it isn't divisive. Unisex restrooms are the most logical thing to me.
Well, I don't agree on this one (and B&B you know I'm one of your biggest fans )...

I think that the issue is that of giving transgendered folks a safety zone. I don't think most parents would be okay with unisex bathrooms in a school because there is the issue, I would assume, of kids trying to "peek"... I worked at a school for years, I know how the little boys were always trying to look up skirts and giggling about "I see your panties" and so forth. No, it wasn't always just the boys but mostly!

The transgendered individual is faced with a dilemma... if you are biologically male but female identified you will feel uncomfortable in a bathroom full of boys I would think, and if you head to the girls room, where you feel it is most natural for you to be, you're going to be screamed at to get out, no boys allowed, etc.

That's just what I am guessing is one of the primary reasons.

Of course I don't live in that country so I don't know how it really is or what the peer issues might be, I'm just guessing based on experiences of people I know here in the US, with regard to bathroom issues.

My girlfriend has been asked "Aren't you in the wrong bathroom?" before... to which she's replied, after looking down, "Well I don't have cojones, so I don't think so..." But she's an adult and can deal. She has a very androgynous look and depending on her hair and clothing it can go "either way" and since she's in the women's room she's never really felt threatened, but I can imagine it COULD be physically threatening for a person who "presents" as female, though they may be a bio male, if they don't exactly pass as whatever gender they identify as. Am I making sense?

Old 07-31-2008, 03:24 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,763,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post
I found it interesting how open the Thai people are to gay and transgendered people. I like how the school's goal is to make the students comfortable, and not worry about the politics of juding the children. They are just treated like humans. Could this ever catch on in America?

P.S. The bathroom sign is half male, half female. I thought that was cute.

From Reuters:

YouTube - Transsexual toilets for Thai school

You gonna make a 3rd bathroom for someone who is 1 in 500, or 1 in 1000? I recently learned that 'transgender' does not have anything to do with physical defects, but can inculde mental problems like thinking you are the opposite gender from birth, even though you were born with the proper 'tools'.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:46 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,459,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post

He is right. The disorder, gender disorder is found in the DSM. This is a psychological book well known by anyone who has taken Psychology 101. It is listed as a fkin disorder! Seriously, stop looking stupid in front of everyone.

People who cut off their penises or smack on their penises and grow beards when they shouldn't have beards or put boobs where they shouldn't have boobs have a MENTAL DISORDER.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:49 PM

notice they haven't posted since I posted a link. we win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
He is right. The disorder, gender disorder is found in the DSM. This is a psychological book well known by anyone who has taken Psychology 101. It is listed as a fkin disorder! Seriously, stop looking stupid in front of everyone.

People who cut off their penises or smack on their penises and grow beards when they shouldn't have beards or put boobs where they shouldn't have boobs have a MENTAL DISORDER.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:51 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,459,620 times
Liberals don't like facts, it screws up their retarded agenda's.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:13 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,660,340 times
was i addressing YOU!? are you marquisha? something you want to tell us? point is, if you have nothing relevant to say, then stay out the conversation. and that isnt just directed at you.

i have some real experience based on my friends kids. i have seen how this can happen. i dont think these kids have much of a choice. its the way they feel. for whatever reason.

as for the DSM. not too long ago homosexuality was listed as a disorder. not anymore.

so since you addressed me, i will adress you further and ask you a question?

what do you suggest be done with these children who dont conform to widely held gender norms and roles?

labotomys seemed to be sanctioned for homosexuals back in the day... is this your answer?

anyhow. this isnt some high school debate class. aint no one keepin tabs on nothing. some juvenile people think they "win" debates on here. but most people here, including myself would just rather engage in intelligent discourse.

there is a way to be smart
there is a way to be funny

your posts are neither.

now you have been addressed, Jmarquise
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
was I addressing you? I think not. if I do not address you, you may not address me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies