Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 04:46 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,493,115 times

Advertisements

[quote=cremebrulee;4725274]
oh yes you can, I trained mine...it took a lot of effort and time, but I trained him!!! and yes you absolutely can...your excusing bad behavior
That is what you think,, the time that took you trained him was the the time we needed to outgrow it...

Yes, every child is different, but you are still able to train the child, if you so wish....
Again, yes you can train your child, especially after 5 YO and older.. at 2 yo and 3 yo is very difficult...

No I'm not changing things, apparently your not getting my point, I'm trying to point out that a child physcologist wrote a book and said, you have to start training your child right away...
Yes,, as soon as posible.. that is correct, I am not saying that you shouldnt,, that doesnt mean he will learn everything at 2-3.

because by the time they are 5 years old, their characters are pretty much developed. Therefore, when there 2 and 3 it is very important to start training them.
Correct.. that doesnt mean they will be full trained at age 3... Like I said before,, at 2-3 yo you can trained them, you can start, but you wont have him trained by 2 or 3

yes, they are, just like doctors who give out meds to kids religiously stating the kids are hyperactive, when in fact, it is simply bad behavior and poor parenting.
Some children need medication some are dont,, that doesnt mean that ritalin is a fake drug or that ADHD/ADD doesnt exist. It means is difficult to know the difference between a child with bad behavior and one with ADHD/ADD... And I dont think any doctor is giving ritalin at 2-3 YO..

Sorry, but your wrong, any child can be trained....
Ok, you know more then doctors and psychologist.

if the parent is willing to devote enough time and effort...again, your excusing the child's behavior and actually enabling bad behavior.
Again,, you can teach your child to behave and it will work, that doesnt mean the child will never cry or scream.. ESPECIALLY AT 2-3 OF AGE..
remember I am talking about this age, and not at 5 and older.. like you said,, but that age your book had him trained, not before.

HAH, like the new research that is always coming out on the market, butter is bad for you, margarine is good for you.
Both are bad for you..

The next week it's not...What research, who conducted the research and for how long. Those day care centers are full of kids, common sense tells you, that they surely don't have the time to devote to a child on a one on one basis.
A lot of daycares now are more like schools, the day care of my child is a school and every child is sitting down like any othe school...

yes, who can be trained to behave.
Again it depends on the age...

2, 3 & 4 years old, including my grand daughter...she was always so well behaved, but my son and his wife, train her like I trained him...and those are the kids that are enjoyable kids to have around.
I am sorry but I just dont believe you.. at 2 YO, it cant be trained to stay still and quiet for 2 hours.. 4 maybe, if it is a girl, usually they have less tantrums

again, your excusing bad behavior and enabling the child, b/c someone's opinion says it's ok...it's not ok...
Is not someones opinion but the whole pediatric board and spychology board..

oh, yes it does...it says the parents are not training their children, that they do not know how to, that they were not trained to behave, and perhaps they don't want to deal with discipline, so they allow the child to have they're way.
This is true,, that doesnt mean that you can train 100% a 2-3 YO to behave perfect..

your again making excuses for unruly children who have parents who do not know how to be parents,
Again, you cant expect a toddler to be perfect.. I am sorry but that doesnt exist...

and do not care one bit about how they and they're children are ruining a night for someone else...very self absorbed, not to mention, that is how they're kids will also grow up. Completely unaware of the fact of how to respect the space of others
But yet again,, they are not breaking any law.. yes maybe they are self absorbed,,

Its not a right, it's good manners, respect for others and some common sense....
I understand what you are saying and I agree with you. But since is not against the law you cant win. Oh but and I dont agree with you that you can train a 2 YO child to be perfect... You can only start training and get better by the age of 5.

yes you can, I did, and my grand daughter is the same way,
I am sorry, I dont believe you, especially at 2 YO.

and I've seen many other children of my friends and family that do the same...you are making excuses...and again, enabling bad behavior.
Again,, you maybe mistaking the age of the child..

2 years old...2 years old, 4 years old, I guess you were not reading my other post, I started training him when he started to crawl.
Sorry, is imposible,, 4 yes,, not 2... like I said before, my son somethings behave perfect, but not always...

Oh brother, of course, they will test you...and I never allowed it to get to the point of a temper tantrum....
How,, by hitting him???

I beg to differ, again, both my son and his now daughter, and my families children were all good kids and kids you wanted around. You wouldn't believe the comments we all got, on how well behaved they were, from total strangers that were in the establishments we went to.
I get the same comments, that doesnt mean they dont misbehave

And it made us feel like darn good parents when they came over and said...yanno, we've been watching your son, he is so precious, so well behaved, I bet you really enjoy him...and then, they'd say...your a very good parent. And it wasn't once, but many times...
Good for you..

we took my grand daughter to a very high end resturant, over 230.00 for the 4 of us...
that is not very high end, especially for NYC.

and again, she was a joy to have with us. She knows how to whisper, and she has been taught manners.
Manners at 2??? yeah, right... when she can only say 40 to 60 words.

oh brother, you are being ridiculous!
Why, do you think people dont hit their children, my wife see them everyday in the hospital.

I suggest you buy some child rearing books and study them,
I have, and all same the same, at age 4-5, at 2 you start, and the kid will be trained fully by that age. and i dont need to read that much, not only have I study psychology, and rotation in peds, and above all my wife is a pediatric

you'd be surprised at how well behaved kids can be trained to be. It's all about do diligence, manners, and an awareness of respect for others.
Again, yes all of it works and helps. But childrens are not perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 04:49 PM

Garbage, when there's a screaming brat having a meltdown in a restaurant, it IS my problem, because I can't enjoy my meal and will complain to the management and ask for a comp as I walk out the door..
you can ask for a comp, they are not going to give it to you...
And if a child is having a "meltdown" then you should take him outside..

It’s just more inappropriate parental behavior that makes people think that their kids are brats.
A lot of kids are brat,, but at 2-3 YO is to young to be a brat..

To let a kid scream in a restaurant is the height of entitlement and a very good reason why people don’t want to be around brats, yes, spoiled brats and their parental units.
at what age are you talking about???

Old 08-04-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Cremebrulee, all is red and purple in your posts, it's starting to look like the work of the "Red Hat Society."
Red letter are mine,, purple are creme

Old 08-04-2008, 05:31 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Cremebrulee, all is red and purple in your posts, it's starting to look like the work of the "Red Hat Society."

thanks for the reps and for your explaination...you can count me in...sounds like a lot of fun...why yes, I am a member....LOL....

Old 08-04-2008, 08:25 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Default Children in an R Rated movie

In today's local paper there was an article on this subject, a woman said she was in a R rated movie with parents and their young children, she said a number of kids were scared by the movie and were crying and begging to leave, she said she spoke to the manager of the theater but he said they had been sued over interfering and could do nothing, it's pathetic that some parents are so selfish and think so little of their children.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:09 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Garbage, when there's a screaming brat having a meltdown in a restaurant, it IS my problem, because I can't enjoy my meal and will complain to the management and ask for a comp as I walk out the door..
you can ask for a comp, they are not going to give it to you...
And if a child is having a "meltdown" then you should take him outside..

It’s just more inappropriate parental behavior that makes people think that their kids are brats.
A lot of kids are brat,, but at 2-3 YO is to young to be a brat..

To let a kid scream in a restaurant is the height of entitlement and a very good reason why people don’t want to be around brats, yes, spoiled brats and their parental units.
at what age are you talking about???
You don't want me taking your kids outside.
That's the parent's responsibility.

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 08-05-2008 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: a bit over the top

Old 08-05-2008, 08:15 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
In today's local paper there was an article on this subject, a woman said she was in a R rated movie with parents and their young children, she said a number of kids were scared by the movie and were crying and begging to leave, she said she spoke to the manager of the theater but he said they had been sued over interfering and could do nothing, it's pathetic that some parents are so selfish and think so little of their children.
This mother needs an attitude adjustment... what does she think she is proving? Her poor kids... the second my kids are freaked out at a movie we are gone... I have left three movies because one of my kids couldn't deal... one was Chicken Little... I never would have thought... but if they are that scared- the mother should use her head and not take them to an R movie to begin with... but come on- they are begging to go and she ignored them... so sad.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:31 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
As long as the children don't get too scared or rowdy (which is why I'm not taking my 2 year old to ANY movie right now, much less an R-Rated one), I don't have a problem with children seeing an R-Rated movie.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:26 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
As long as the children don't get too scared or rowdy (which is why I'm not taking my 2 year old to ANY movie right now, much less an R-Rated one), I don't have a problem with children seeing an R-Rated movie.
Just wondering what else is OK in your book? Is it OK for your kids to run up and down the aisles of a store? Is it OK for them to stand on their seat in a restaurant?

Old 08-06-2008, 01:59 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,085 times
If you have little ones and you can't get someone to watch them then NO, you should not be going to a movie (unless of course it's a kids movie where one would expect a couple hundred kids)

It is absolutely not acceptable to expect a few hundred other people to pay $10+ for a ticket to hear whining etc unless its in the movie itself.

My parents never did that and I would never do that to others. It's selfish. It's rude. It's more than distracting obviously and again purely unacceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies