Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 06:33 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
No thanks, I'll stick to the normal rodeo's. Evidently lakewooder is the authority on the homorodeo, I am just wondering why they have their own, I thought they just wanted to be like everybody else?
In a straight rodeo the women don't do much of anything but barrel race. A woman wanting to ride a bull would surely be laughed at and told to forget it. But a lesbian would be allowed to ride a bull in a gay rodeo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 07:01 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
They need a gay womens professional basketball league....oh wait.

(Attn: PC Police....its a J.O.K.E.)

Old 08-02-2008, 07:27 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkasdjk View Post
Im not gay and I come from UK, but I noticed that in the US, there is a lot of hatred and stigmataion against the homos. Why is this? in the UK their pretty much accepted, people are more open to them.

I can imagine that there are some people in the US that are gay but they're scared to admit and they get married and have kids as straight people do, and the TV shows make fun of gay people too. All I'm saying is that Americans strongly oppose gays and look down on them, like they're some other creature.

I saw a gay couple holding hands in the street and people were staring at them and parents were telling their children to stay away from them. A couple of people even told them something, that was in the Tampa Bay area, I believe? And the couple looked really uncomfortable.
Largely because starting back in the 1600's, you Europeans started shipping us your religious fanatics / puritans and other goons who have tried ever since to set up an evango-fascist state. Good for you for getting rid of them. Europe is a MUCH better place without them. The American Revolution was a happy accident where men of clear thinking wrote a constitution of stunning beauty that cast religion aside in favor of the rule of law and LOGIC, not magical thinking about creationism, heaven, hell and miracles.

Too bad that religion in America has become a sad cartoon and we are the laughing stock of the world so much these days.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:34 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,294,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
In a straight rodeo the women don't do much of anything but barrel race. A woman wanting to ride a bull would surely be laughed at and told to forget it. But a lesbian would be allowed to ride a bull in a gay rodeo.
As would a straight woman who wanted to do that but found she couldn't in the mainstream rodeo. That's something I forgot to mention about the Gay Rodeos.. it's not exclusive to gay folk, people of all orientations are welcome to participate.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:53 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Well Butch up Sally, we got us a Rodeo!

Old 08-02-2008, 09:54 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,937,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkasdjk View Post
Im not gay and I come from UK, but I noticed that in the US, there is a lot of hatred and stigmataion against the homos. Why is this? in the UK their pretty much accepted, people are more open to them.

I can imagine that there are some people in the US that are gay but they're scared to admit and they get married and have kids as straight people do, and the TV shows make fun of gay people too. All I'm saying is that Americans strongly oppose gays and look down on them, like they're some other creature.

I saw a gay couple holding hands in the street and people were staring at them and parents were telling their children to stay away from them. A couple of people even told them something, that was in the Tampa Bay area, I believe? And the couple looked really uncomfortable.
If you know american history, us gays are the BLACKS of the 21st century!

Old 08-02-2008, 09:56 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
if you know american history, us gays are the blacks of the 21st century!
bull****!!!!! In your own delusional mind's you are!!

Old 09-13-2008, 02:20 AM

46 posts, read 230,758 times
Angry C'mon people....

Honestly guys. I am a 18 year old gay male living in kansas and I thought things were bad here. YOU PEOPLE DISGUST ME! Out of all the posts I saw maybe two defending homosexuality. I am so sick of the bible being used against us! Its can be interpreted so many different ways. The bible says it is a sin to lie with a man as you would with a woman.... I wouldn't/couldn't sleep with a woman so what i do with my bf in our bedroom is completely acceptable according to the bible. Right? Right.

A common misconception is that being gay is a choice. Simply put, it is not. Why would we choose a life of persecution? We wouldn't. Also, several people have made it seem like gays are just out to play the victim card. Somewhat true I suppose but look, we can't get married, adopt children or live our lifes without being bombarded with hate from ill-informed, redneck, religious wack jobs; of course we are going to fight for equal rights and acceptance!!!!!

I live my life pretty privately and don't really go shouting from the rooftops about my sexual orientation but when I read things like this it really makes me lose faith in the people of this country.

You all suck.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:27 AM

1,373 posts, read 3,126,707 times
Americans are still religious and most of the people here are deep down just 18th century villagers with iPhones. They're afraid of anything and anyone different from themselves or what they're used to.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:00 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Gays are looked down on in red state America, and among the dregs and trash of the remainder of America. Educated people in America don't give a damn if someone is gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies