Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 04:54 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
If you know american history, us gays are the BLACKS of the 21st century!
Yeah ok, you can wake up now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 04:57 AM

Nobody gives a damn if someones gay. Alot of us are simply tired of hearing about it.
People going about parading their personal issues about for the public to see, are pretty silly to get upset about the response they knew they would get.

Its either a choice or a disorder. Dont matter to me which it is but it aint normal & if you dont like hearing about it you shouldn't broadcast so much.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:50 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,612,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Pretty much right on, gays don't distrub me per se, however, flamers and butch lesbians make me cringe a little.
I guess I am a butch lesbian. 6ft tall, I weld. train dogs, ride horses, keep snakes,etc.. Yet love antique shopping, attending classes, fine art and good books. Have a flat top. My girlfriend is a cute fem. Most people are put off by my appearance, but I have dressed like this since I was a small child. I would destroy any dress my mother would put on me. I'm very happy the way I am and don't care if the whole world hates me. I have to respect myself. Most people that take the time to know me would gladly call me friend. Thats what matters. Don't always judge a book by the cover. You may miss the best story ever!

Old 09-13-2008, 08:19 PM

862 posts, read 1,051,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkasdjk View Post
Im not gay and I come from UK, but I noticed that in the US, there is a lot of hatred and stigmataion against the homos. Why is this? in the UK their pretty much accepted, people are more open to them.

I can imagine that there are some people in the US that are gay but they're scared to admit and they get married and have kids as straight people do, and the TV shows make fun of gay people too. All I'm saying is that Americans strongly oppose gays and look down on them, like they're some other creature.

I saw a gay couple holding hands in the street and people were staring at them and parents were telling their children to stay away from them. A couple of people even told them something, that was in the Tampa Bay area, I believe? And the couple looked really uncomfortable.

Because HATE is the main method of social control in this land.
Simple.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:30 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Gays are looked down on in red state America, and among the dregs and trash of the remainder of America. Educated people in America don't give a damn if someone is gay.
It must be hard to move around with such a chip on your shoulder.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:39 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Largely because starting back in the 1600's, you Europeans started shipping us your religious fanatics / puritans and other goons who have tried ever since to set up an evango-fascist state. Good for you for getting rid of them. Europe is a MUCH better place without them.
Except for those two wars that nearly wiped Europe out and that America had to win to save them from themselves...

Quote:
Too bad that religion in America has become a sad cartoon and we are the laughing stock of the world so much these days.
Until they need us again -- when the "religious cartoon" of Islamic fundamentalism becomes even more unfunny than it is now.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:13 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
It must be hard to move around with such a chip on your shoulder.
Some people deserve contempt. Understanding this basic truth has greatly simplified my life.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:44 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Nobody gives a damn if someones gay. Alot of us are simply tired of hearing about it.
Let me marry another woman and I'll be quieter, then. Then really treat it as thought it doesn't matter, and stop claiming it's a disorder, and I might never have to talk about it ever again. That's unlikely, because it caused me a lot of depression when I was younger, but it would be nice to let go of all of that. (This is not directed solely at you). When things are still as difficult as they are for young people dealing with it, I'm going to continue to talk about it.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Let me marry another woman and I'll be quieter, then. Then really treat it as thought it doesn't matter, and stop claiming it's a disorder, and I might never have to talk about it ever again. That's unlikely, because it caused me a lot of depression when I was younger, but it would be nice to let go of all of that. (This is not directed solely at you). When things are still as difficult as they are for young people dealing with it, I'm going to continue to talk about it.
Keep talking about it then, its a free country, but if you talk about it others will too. Thats how things work.
I dont claim anything, I'm just unbiased, unlike yourself, so I can call a spade a spade. If it wasn't a disorder it wouldn't have caused you depression would it? If it werent a disorder young people wouldn't get confused because theyre supposed to like the opposite sex but they dont.

So go ahead, keep it on the front page, but look in the mirror when you want to know why all the fuss. It, like many other sociatal issues, is only important because some get what they want by keeping it in the headlines. Nobody even thinks about who is gay until they go parading around rubbing it in everyones faces.
Keep your sex life private & live in peace. If thats what you truly want. Or keep on tossing fuel on the fire, if thats what you want.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:27 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Keep talking about it then, its a free country, but if you talk about it others will too. Thats how things work.
I'm okay with that.

Quote:
I dont claim anything, I'm just unbiased, unlike yourself, so I can call a spade a spade.
Well, we don't all have the luxury of being unbiased.

Quote:
If it wasn't a disorder it wouldn't have caused you depression would it? If it werent a disorder young people wouldn't get confused because theyre supposed to like the opposite sex but they dont.
Please re-read that and consider the logic. If a person is depressed about being Jewish in a predominantly Muslim or Christian town, does that person have a disorder? If a person is depressed and downtrodden about getting a divorce and blames him or herself for it, does that mean the person has a disorder?

Quote:
So go ahead, keep it on the front page, but look in the mirror when you want to know why all the fuss. It, like many other sociatal issues, is only important because some get what they want by keeping it in the headlines. Nobody even thinks about who is gay until they go parading around rubbing it in everyones faces.
Apparently people do think about it, because a lot of people think it's important to ensure that same-sex couples are not allowed to be legally married.

Quote:
Keep your sex life private & live in peace.
I never said anything about my sex life. Not one word.

Quote:
If thats what you truly want. Or keep on tossing fuel on the fire, if thats what you want.
There's nothing else to do. No one's going to make any changes by keeping quiet and pouting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies