Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 03:38 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,716 times

Advertisements

http://ts2.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=2231703145701&id=51b29c4cbef5efe6 8af70a0ce5958ca2 (broken link)

Secession. To arms!!! The south and mountain west will rise to form a new government that values individual liberties over the federal bureaucracy and the international banking cartel. We've got the guns and the resources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 04:36 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,467,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I'm simply irritated that they get a 5 week break.
If they didn't, you'd simply be irritated about how they spend all their time in Washington and are therefore completely out of touch with the district and the very people they are supposed to represent.

Whiners will whine in any case. That's why they are called that...

Old 08-01-2008, 04:48 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Why the hell does our Congress get to vote on their own raises and constantly take long vacations?

I'm more in favor of Revolution everyday that goes by. Washington is way too much of a circus and our politicians are not having their feet held to the fire anywhere near enough.

BTW, I'm not taking sides in this. I'm simply irritated that they get a 5 week break.
----------

5 week paid vacation for these grosssly overpaid parasites is something most can live with but the endless 2 or 3 day "work" week, days off for any reason and perks that arent included in their salary that are unreal.

Did John gotti once say " I wish I had gone into Congress I could have stolen more money with impunity while being treated like royalty"

Old 08-01-2008, 08:51 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
http://ts2.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=2231703145701&id=51b29c4cbef5efe6 8af70a0ce5958ca2 (broken link)

Secession. To arms!!! The south and mountain west will rise to form a new government that values individual liberties over the federal bureaucracy and the international banking cartel. We've got the guns and the resources.
That would never work because the conservatives in the west cannot stand the conservatives in the south. The conservatives in the west are generally Libertarin types that don't take too kindly to being told when they can have a beer or that they cannot read Playboy magazine which is what the religious nutcase cons in the south like to do.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:53 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
----------

5 week paid vacation for these grosssly overpaid parasites is something most can live with but the endless 2 or 3 day "work" week, days off for any reason and perks that arent included in their salary that are unreal.

Did John gotti once say " I wish I had gone into Congress I could have stolen more money with impunity while being treated like royalty"
I agree. I don't have a problem with 5 weeks of vacation but the rest of the time they should be at work.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:58 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
More pandering to the clueless by the Republicans. They know full well that expanded exploration rights are on the calendar and when. But since they aren't actually good for anything else, Boehner et al will try to spin some propaganda out of the fact that when is not today. Where were they on closing the Enron loophole, by the way...something that would have had its favorable effects in a far more immediate timeframe? Oh, they were busy working to block it, that's right. So we won't see that again until September at the earliest...
Those dam Republicans need to be flawless heroes of America like the Democrats.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:24 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,246,296 times
Quote:
Where were they on closing the Enron loophole, by the way...something that would have had its favorable effects in a far more immediate timeframe? Oh, they were busy working to block it, that's right. So we won't see that again until September at the earliest...
And coincidentally oil prices have went up since they blocked that legislation. The Enron loophole should be closed immediately. Anybody who is not in favor of closing it holds that position because that loophole benefits them personally a.k.a. Bush and Cheney. At bare minimum, at least require the speculators take delivery of the oil as was required before 2003. That way, investors and big banks like Goldman Sachs wont be able to hoard oil futures artificially driving the price up.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:39 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
Politicians on both sides of the aisle are undeniably self important quasi-corrupt azzhats....but that said, does anyone know of the Republicans pulling a stunt like this when they were majority? Anyone at all?

Old 08-02-2008, 05:15 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,626,781 times
Quote:
If they didn't, you'd simply be irritated about how they spend all their time in Washington and are therefore completely out of touch with the district and the very people they are supposed to represent.

Whiners will whine in any case. That's why they are called that...
You really never have anything other than elitist drivel to spout, and your attempts to belittle other posters to make your own views seem more valid are nothing short of funny.

5 weeks is a long time, no matter how you slice it. Especially when pressing matters are left on the table. 5 weeks at a time is not necessary to stay in touch with their districts.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:55 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,467,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I agree. I don't have a problem with 5 weeks of vacation but the rest of the time they should be at work.
The actual calendar entry for the August recess is District work and vacation. On average, a member might spend three weeks on district work and with luck perhaps two on vacation and other time with family. Anybody else out there taking a vacation this summer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies