Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 11:17 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I'm an Arab and I'm not a terrorist, nor are anyone of my 300 or so relatives. Hey, guess what? I'm not Muslim either. I'm a Christian Arab, yes there are such people. How ridiculous of a question. If people actually have to think about that, then I'm convinced there's very little hope.... They've done their job in brainwashing the American people.
I'm no expert on the Middle East but I'm fairly certain that Christianity started somewhere over there and it stands to reason there might be one or two Arab Christians wandering around.

Of the Muslims I know, who are generally Arab, I've been impressed with their gentle nature. I don't delude myself into believing all Muslim Arabs are nice because I know first hand that bad people come in all flavors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 11:31 AM

4,500 posts, read 2,843,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I'm no expert on the Middle East but I'm fairly certain that Christianity started somewhere over there and it stands to reason there might be one or two Arab Christians wandering around.

Of the Muslims I know, who are generally Arab, I've been impressed with their gentle nature. I don't delude myself into believing all Muslim Arabs are nice because I know first hand that bad people come in all flavors.
Do you think that the whole world are full of nice people!!!!
You don't need to be an expert to know that There are good and bad people everywhere.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:38 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,343,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post

and some people are pedophiles.
INcluding plenty Arabs,, or you havent seen any 12 and 13 year old girls getting married????

In the 1500's it was expected for (common) men in their 30's to marry women in their early teens. During the 19th century 12-15 was the norm for women to marry. Even in the early 1900's not being married by 18, you were a old maid and a spinster.

The Age of Consent: Young People ... -

Old 10-23-2008, 11:46 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,343,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Terrorists are terrorists, whether they are Muslim, Christians, Hindu, Atheists, Communists , Fascists or Anarchists.

One man's terroist is another's Freedom Fighter. Same hat, different view.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:27 PM

524 posts, read 941,933 times
I have a close friend from Pakistan who is Muslim and says that he feels safer amongst Christians in Pakistan than his own Muslim counterparts in Pakistan.

He does not agree with the Christian religion, he just feels that the radicals have taken over his religion.

P.S. I got him hooked on the Three Stooges! (I don't have the heart to tell him they're Jewish)

Old 10-23-2008, 12:30 PM

Not entirely correct!

Freedom fighters primarily focus their attacks on the political structure and not directly the people! Terrorists directly attack civilians!

Old 10-23-2008, 12:32 PM

Default Forgot to add the quote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
One man's terroist is another's Freedom Fighter. Same hat, different view.
Not entirely correct!

Freedom fighters primarily focus their attacks on the political structure and not directly the people! Terrorists directly attack civilians!

Old 10-23-2008, 01:01 PM

500 posts, read 702,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaliza View Post
Arabs in Middle East( Muslims and Christians) have one case to live in peace and Dignity .
Some people think that when they accuse the Arab muslims ,they will be loved and welcomed from the west.
Christians and Muslims coexisted for a long time, but with today’s extremist Islamic views sweeping the Middle East, we are seeing large numbers of attacks/murders/forced to convert of Christians, and other religions by Muslims. Where is peace and dignity in that? And most importantly, where are the moderate Muslims?

The West love and welcome people that respect their law of their land, learn their language, learn and respect their culture. Remember that if and when you decide to live there.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:27 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaliza View Post
Do you think that the whole world are full of nice people!!!!
You don't need to be an expert to know that There are good and bad people everywhere.
I may be wrong in assuming that English is not your first language. If I'm wrong, I apologize. But... I'm not sure why your comment used two "confused" and one "rolleyes" smiley(s) since I just said the same thing. Why would you intimate a contradiction only to restate what I'd previously posted? I believe you misunderstood my post so please read it again more carefully.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:39 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,843,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I may be wrong in assuming that English is not your first language. If I'm wrong, I apologize. But... I'm not sure why your comment used two "confused" and one "rolleyes" smiley(s) since I just said the same thing. Why would you intimate a contradiction only to restate what I'd previously posted? I believe you misunderstood my post so please read it again more carefully.
I am Egyptain and I live in Egypt so of course Arabic is my mother tongue.
Honesty my first foreign language is french , English is the second and still working on it.

Maybe I misunderstood your post sorry for that.. my understanding skills are not very good, but I used to hear that Muslim arabs are not nice or have gentle nature .
I am always alert for self-defence here..

Last edited by Mona Mee; 10-23-2008 at 02:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies