Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 10:05 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,009,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I'm sorry, but this all sounds very greedy to me.

LOL>. seriously . .. You have to be kdding me..

Why not change your name to Scrooge.. seems to fit better!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 10:06 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
you want to take more out of someone else's pocket so you can get more for free. you want something for nothing. the definition of greed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
LOL>. seriously . .. You have to be kdding me..

Why not change your name to Scrooge.. seems to fit better!!

Old 08-05-2008, 10:34 AM

711 posts, read 932,759 times
IMO when speaking of the rich the word 'hate' is probably not accurate and I'm not sure jealosy or envy is either. I have studied this issue for some time, but I don't have time or room for volumns.

Simply put, for one--class discrimination and the war on the middle class in America is alive and well. Comparitively, Americans are still the richest on earth. We have allowed the elites to subvert the principles of free markets and a democratic society, and to establish the lie that the unfettered growth of our economic system is far more important than the preservation of our political system and all that it comprises.

In recent years the politically powerful and wealthy dominate our society, government and economy. Never has social class been more distinct or disturbing in American society than it is now.

There are many people who adjudge themselves to be immune or somehow mysteriously uneffected by the widespread circumstances. To those I say, unless you are in a extreamely favored position you WILL be affected, and it would be very wise to work to reverse this trend.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:51 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
"Waaah, if I can't have lots of money, they shouldn't either! Waah!

I'm struggling, so those rich people shouldn't be allowed to live in luxury!"

Old 08-05-2008, 11:03 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,731,801 times
Quote:
yes.. but the difference is.. I wouldn't be whining about having to scale down flights on my private jet or have my own "personal" shopper shop for discounts.. Seriously.. to hear the rich whine is truly truly pathetic.. I don't care that they have all those things.. I don't need them..but to hear them whine because they may have to sacrafice that.. .come on!! REALLY!!! talk to me when you're eating PB& J sandwhiches to survive so that you can heat your house or something real!

They have a very warped sense of reality!!!

I don't whine when I have to cut some little extra's out of my life tomake things work.. because I KNOW that there are people with alot less and I'm fortunate to have what I do have.
Where's the whining?
Some would say you had a warped sense of reality thinking eating PB&J to heat your house was tough.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:33 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
  • "Physical exercise improves health, mental exercise improves wealth, laziness destroys both."
  • "A true luxury is a reward for investing in and developing a real asset."
  • "Remember the Golden Rule. He who has the gold makes the rules."
  • "The only way to get out of the "rat race" is to prove your proficiency at both accounting and investing, arguably two of the most difficult subjects to master."
  • "I have mentioned before that financial intelligence is a synergy of accounting, investing, marketing and law. Combine those four technical skills and making money with money is easier."
  • “Most people are poor because when it comes to investing, the world is filled with Chicken Littles running around yelling, ‘The sky is falling. The sky is falling.’”
  • “Many of today's youth have credit cards before they leave high school, yet they have never had a course in money or how to invest it, let alone understand how compound interest works on credit cards.”
  • "The poor and middle class work for money. The rich have money work for them." (P30).
  • "The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Dad,_Poor_Dad

Old 08-05-2008, 12:02 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskyz View Post
IMO when speaking of the rich the word 'hate' is probably not accurate and I'm not sure jealosy or envy is either. I have studied this issue for some time, but I don't have time or room for volumns.

Simply put, for one--class discrimination and the war on the middle class in America is alive and well. Comparitively, Americans are still the richest on earth. We have allowed the elites to subvert the principles of free markets and a democratic society, and to establish the lie that the unfettered growth of our economic system is far more important than the preservation of our political system and all that it comprises.

In recent years the politically powerful and wealthy dominate our society, government and economy. Never has social class been more distinct or disturbing in American society than it is now.

There are many people who adjudge themselves to be immune or somehow mysteriously uneffected by the widespread circumstances. To those I say, unless you are in a extreamely favored position you WILL be affected, and it would be very wise to work to reverse this trend.
I think many people actually want the wealthy in full control because if they are so smart as to be able to make all that millions$ to billion$,then they ought to be able to also be smart enough to run the governmental and economic affairs of our country. And people who think like that will vote for the Republicans.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
you want to take more out of someone else's pocket so you can get more for free. you want something for nothing. the definition of greed.
No where in that post or this thread for that matter did I make one comment about taking from someone else to help another This is aabout the rich whiny that in a tight economy they have to forgo their private jet flights and send their hired personal shoppers bargain hunting.. like giong to the clearence rack at Gucci or soemthing.. LOL.

Dude. .seriously. get a grip of yourself.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Where's the whining?
Some would say you had a warped sense of reality thinking eating PB&J to heat your house was tough.
and I agree with you.. to some PB&J is a luxury. That paully is my point! These people are warped if their are crying over not being able to go thshopping as often or flying in their jets when families are starving .. etc.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:37 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,414,394 times
Quote:
yes.. but the difference is.. I wouldn't be whining about having to scale down flights on my private jet or have my own "personal" shopper shop for discounts.. Seriously.. to hear the rich whine is truly truly pathetic.. I don't care that they have all those things.. I don't need them..but to hear them whine because they may have to sacrafice that.. .come on!! REALLY!!! talk to me when you're eating PB& J sandwhiches to survive so that you can heat your house or something real!

They have a very warped sense of reality!!!

I don't whine when I have to cut some little extra's out of my life tomake things work.. because I KNOW that there are people with alot less and I'm fortunate to have what I do have.
the rich make up 20% of our nation spending, our Economy is based 75-80% on spending, they stop spending the entire country will HURT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies