Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 10:00 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
Actually injustices towards blacks did not end when "you" let them go. After slavery, blacks were treated like 2nd class citizens or animals not worthy of eating in the same places "you" ate.
As I have heard some slaves chose to stay with their masters. Not all slaves were treated poorly. I think if people would just stop look what happened 200 years ago this would be over. My family never owned slaves, so why should most of us be blamed for something we can't change? Why should we carry the constant burden of poor me.
Blacks have lots of advantages these days look at all the famous black people. Everyone including blacks need to get over the race card and they are welcome in any restaurant and are able to sit next to white person. It's all about MONEY!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 10:05 AM

566 posts, read 2,058,784 times
I find any personal attacks like any title's that are demaning in any way...very, very offensive - where are people's feelings? I think that even the "n" word should not even be used, period. Even hearing it in a laughing way within that same group is offensive even to me!! As I know it only breeds more racism, even if they don't see it that way. I don't find the humor in it. And I don't like demeaning titles in the white community either.
As most know, I talk constantly about issues within races/groups & try not to put anyone down. One should be able to talk about these real life issues in a normal adult like fashion without hurting anyone. There is no room in our world for this kind of human behavior AT ALL. It's sick...

Old 01-26-2007, 10:14 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
As I have heard some slaves chose to stay with their masters. Not all slaves were treated poorly.
That's referred to as Institutionalized.

Quote:
I think if people would just stop look what happened 200 years ago this would be over. My family never owned slaves, so why should most of us be blamed for something we can't change? Why should we carry the constant burden of poor me.
Blacks have lots of advantages these days look at all the famous black people. Everyone including blacks need to get over the race card and they are welcome in any restaurant and are able to sit next to white person. It's all about MONEY!!!
Agreed.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:28 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,228 times
Quote:
As I have heard some slaves chose to stay with their masters. Not all slaves were treated poorly. I think if people would just stop look what happened 200 years ago this would be over. My family never owned slaves, so why should most of us be blamed for something we can't change? Why should we carry the constant burden of poor me.
Very true.

And people need to get over the "n" word... if it's okay for them to walk around calling each other it then it's okay for us to as far as I'm concerned. That's a word that is acceptable in my home. NOT all blacks are "n"... and blacks will agree with that. There is a hilarious segment by Chris Rock where he talks about the difference between blacks and "ngs"... ever see it? If not I highly suggest renting it. He is so true and honest and it's so funny.

Blacks are welcome just about anywhere. N's are not, even by black people.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Very true.

And people need to get over the "n" word... if it's okay for them to walk around calling each other it then it's okay for us to as far as I'm concerned. That's a word that is acceptable in my home. NOT all blacks are "n"... and blacks will agree with that. There is a hilarious segment by Chris Rock where he talks about the difference between blacks and "ngs"... ever see it? If not I highly suggest renting it. He is so true and honest and it's so funny.

Blacks are welcome just about anywhere. N's are not, even by black people.
The reason why that word is used amongst themselves is that they are turning a negative connotation into a positive one. A term of endearment if you will. Makes no sense to me. Until they stop using it, they shouldn't cry about "others" using it. All the energy spent on blaming "The Man" should be redirected at bettering their communities, and the young choosing better role models. 50 cent and Snoop Doggy Dog are not role models. Until then we will still see these kids calling each other the N word, walking around with "grills" in their mouths, baggy pants falling down to their knees (trust me I see this all day), and speaking poor english on purpose. And don't get me started with pro athletes. Is this what civil rights activists fought for?

Old 01-26-2007, 10:59 AM

Quote:
The reason why that word is used amongst themselves is that they are turning a negative connotation into a positive one. A term of endearment if you will. Makes no sense to me. Until they stop using it, they shouldn't cry about "others" using it. All the energy spent on blaming "The Man" should be redirected at bettering their communities, and the young choosing better role models. 50 cent and Snoop Doggy Dog are not role models. Until then we will still see these kids calling each other the N word, walking around with "grills" in their mouths, baggy pants falling down to their knees (trust me I see this all day), and speaking poor english on purpose. And don't get me started with pro athletes. Is this what civil rights activists fought for?
Absolutely, I couldn't agree with you more! Great post.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:26 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,061 times
Quote:
Very true and if you ever watch MTV they don't even respect their women total T&A show. How do you advance when you degrade your women has hookers. Every video has women dressed for sex and guys grapping. So, they are doing their own damge.
I'm with Bill Cosby they should listen to more of him and less of Jesse Jackson.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Very true and if you ever watch MTV they don't even respect their women total T&A show. How do you advance when you degrade your women has hookers. Every video has women dressed for sex and guys grapping. So, they are doing their own damge.
I'm with Bill Cosby they should listen to more of him and less of Jesse Jackson.
Absolutely! They are listening and looking up to the wrong people!

Old 01-26-2007, 01:43 PM

24 posts, read 17,919 times
I can't believe how ridiculously sensitive we're all getting.

There was a young Black man from "Grey's Anatomy" who used an "anti-gay slur" and now the media is screaming for him, he states he needs to attend counseloring, etc... It's unbelievable. He said a word, big deal!

You can call someone a "fat pig," make fun of scars, the way they look, talk, walk, anything but if you cross over into "protected territory" ie: making fun of their skincolor or sexual orientation if they are NOT a White-heterosexual male, all hell breaks loose.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Dude View Post
I can't believe how ridiculously sensitive we're all getting.

There was a young Black man from "Grey's Anatomy" who used an "anti-gay slur" and now the media is screaming for him, he states he needs to attend counseloring, etc... It's unbelievable. He said a word, big deal!

You can call someone a "fat pig," make fun of scars, the way they look, talk, walk, anything but if you cross over into "protected territory" ie: making fun of their skincolor or sexual orientation if they are NOT a White-heterosexual male, all hell breaks loose.
I think "fat pig" is protected territory now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies