Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2008, 09:58 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,493,942 times

Advertisements

What is the difference between conservative democrat and liberal republican???
Any opinion, I am a liberal republican...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 10:01 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
What is the difference between conservative democrat and liberal republican???
Any opinion, I am a liberal republican...
depends on what you're liberal or conservative about.

liberal republicans, with all due respect, is the worst of both worlds. That is, if you're highly aggressive in foreign policy (chickenhawk), yet support big government bureaucracies such as homeland of insecurity to "protect" us. Basically, these people are what's wrong with America. The socially liberal democrats at least are on the right track knowing that we're depleting the treasury and this charade of giving people IOU nothings is coming to an abrupt end.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post

liberal republicans, with all due respect, is the worst of both worlds. That is, if you're highly aggressive in foreign policy (chickenhawk), yet support big government bureaucracies such as homeland of insecurity to "protect" us. Basically, these people are what's wrong with America. The socially liberal democrats at least are on the right track knowing that we're depleting the treasury and this charade of giving people IOU nothings is coming to an abrupt end.
I was reading about conservative democrats.
They are fiscal conservatives and social liberals.
but liberal republican like Rudy is are the same fiscal conservatives and social liberals.. so what is the difference?
Oh and in politics "right track" doesnt exist.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:13 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,776,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post

Fail fail fail.

I think that most people who define themselves as "liberal republicans" really mean that they are socially moderate and fiscally conservative. They like to identify with the apparent popularity of liberalism (in the blanket sense) but don't want to seem brainless. It sounds great but I don't think that it works very well. It could probably be best described as being a cheap liberal. To be a real liberal, you have to be willing to bear ridiculous taxes. If you aren't willing to do that, you aren't very liberal.

I'm what you call a "South Park Republican." Trey Parker was quoted as saying "We hate conservatives, but we really f*cking hate liberals." It's an endorsement of a common-sense, moderate approach to legislation rather than a party based approach. Truth has to be in the middle of an argument and not at the extremes.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:20 AM

Fail fail fail. I think that most people who define themselves as "liberal republicans" really mean that they are socially moderate and fiscally conservative.
Yes, thanks.

It sounds great but I don't think that it works very well. It could probably be best described as being a cheap liberal. To be a real liberal, you have to be willing to bear ridiculous taxes. If you aren't willing to do that, you aren't very liberal.
Well I am liberal but not that liberal... I am very very fiscal conservative, but I am pro-choice(even if I think is wrong) and things like that...

I'm what you call a "South Park Republican." Trey Parker was quoted as saying "We hate conservatives, but we really f*cking hate liberals."
Hmmm, I like that, i have extreme social conservatives

It's an endorsement of a common-sense, moderate approach to legislation rather than a party based approach. Truth has to be in the middle of an argument and not at the extremes.
True..

Old 08-04-2008, 10:20 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,384,482 times
These are, in part, just labels that the powers that be have placed upon us for the purpose of confusing us all, getting at each other's throats while the politicians continue to rape the wealth of the Republic for their own selfish benefits. Sure their are difference between conservative thought and liberal thought but when you stop to think about it both ideologies are necessary to make a democracy work, a kind of system of checks and balances, as it were. Consider what kind of nation it would be if only one form of thought was permitted, either one.

What makes me sad is to see how all these politicians. who are no more than thieves, degenerates, charlatans and mountebanks, have turned the American people against each other. Today the two party system isn't two party at all , it is simply two factions of the same approach to corporatism.

My friends today nothing is more true than what Ben Franklin said over 200 years ago:
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately"

Old 08-04-2008, 12:19 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Machts Nichts! .....We're all going to take the pipe no matter who gets in there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies