Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:21 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,238,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
If you want San Francisco to be more like Miami, go right ahead, the white middle class will flee San Francisco just like they did Miami 20-30 years ago

You will be left with will be a huge lower class, a small/invisible middle class, and at least some of your old guard upper class of trust fund junkies who will migrate to gated, guarded, and walled communities to escape the violent, third world heathens just as they did in Miami.
You just described SF as it already is. We're not changing into that, because we've done it already. The middle and lower middle class is largely gone from SF, while lots of rich and richer people and poor and poorer people are left.

This is something that's happening in a lot of other US cities as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 08:36 PM

55 posts, read 171,121 times
Default Peace be with big bear

Simply big mean bear, whatever you say is not going to change US, when you write, it seems you are a smart guy or bear, but you are more scared or worried about people differ from you, do me a favor go in to the woods and pray to god to stop your negatives and insecure heart from growing bitter and hateful... BY THE WAY SAN FRANCISCO IS THE FUTURE, EVERYWHERE ELSE IS THE PAST SO THE ISSUE WE ARE TAKING UP, IT BECAUSE WE ARE AHEAD OF THE GAME and a little accepting...

Old 08-06-2008, 10:19 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChucKie D View Post
BY THE WAY SAN FRANCISCO IS THE FUTURE, EVERYWHERE ELSE IS THE PAST SO THE ISSUE WE ARE TAKING UP, IT BECAUSE WE ARE AHEAD OF THE GAME and a little accepting...
You may think you're the future, but I think it's more like you guys are the first ones to fall... The first domino, if you will. I just love traditional Americana; apple pie, a rare steak, my big car, ice cream on the porch, drive in movie theaters. As harmless as this may sound, I know there are many of you in San Francisco who are fastidiously tearing down the traditions (or at least trying to) that I have embraced my whole life. This is what it's all about for me, and my friends and virtually everyone I know have the same mutual passions. Religiosity, patriotism, and personal freedom are the stars that guide my life. It seems like your town is in desperately short supply of these exact cultural traits. Quite an alarming trend that you and others have eloquated on this thread.

This is for the wacko who I know will come swooping down with the low blow saying that I am a redneck or that I am from a small town - I had a great childhood in the North suburbs of Chicago, and I currently live and work in both Miami and Chicago.

Last edited by big mean bear; 08-06-2008 at 10:36 PM..

Old 08-06-2008, 10:38 PM

110 posts, read 376,978 times
I'm not quite sure why you guys are so adverse to providing protection for undocumented immigrants. Our forefathers would be rolling in their graves if they could witness it. We need as many immigrants as we can get in order to restore American values and the economy. My group is almost 2,000 members strong and we have lobbying power in Sacramento and DC. We have a four step plan to restore America:

1. Open US borders for 1-3 months

2. Give immigrants incentives to come to America such as low cost health care and cash incentives.

3. Give all undocumented immigrants amnesty

4. Give any future undocumented immigrants immunity from prosecution for domestic crimes

Old 08-06-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer Eldritch View Post

2. Give immigrants incentives to come to America such as low cost health care and cash incentives.

4. Give any future undocumented immigrants immunity from prosecution for domestic crimes
Free money, amnesty, no criminal prosecution for crimes committed here (?), government stimulated incentives... like coming from absolute poverty and working here for 8$ an hour isn't incentive enough. And this would also help or culture?

You are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Free money, amnesty, no criminal prosecution for crimes committed here (?), government stimulated incentives... like coming from absolute poverty and working here for 8$ an hour isn't incentive enough. And this would also help or culture?

You are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there.
Not out there at all. Even President Bush is for amnesty. There is a reason for this. Many undocumented immigrants, particularly those from Mexico, wind up as hedge fund/pvt equity guys who work in SF's fin dt and tend to live in PacHts/PresidioHts. SF has more Mexican operated hedge funds/pvt equity shops/inv bankers than DF, but the wealthiest Mexican VC's are based in SV offices, not SF. Ultimately the Republicans, particularly the neocons, would like to see this trend spread eastward to other areas of the country.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:

*We need as many immigrants as we can get in order to restore American values and the economy. *

We have a four step plan to restore America:

Explain how this would work

Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
I'm not quite sure why you guys are so adverse to providing protection for undocumented immigrants. Our forefathers would be rolling in their graves if they could witness it. We need as many immigrants as we can get in order to restore American values and the economy. My group is almost 2,000 members strong and we have lobbying power in Sacramento and DC. We have a four step plan to restore America:

So lets give immigrants cheap health care when hard working, tax paying, law abiding Americans are going bankrupt or dying because they cant afford health care?? Thats around 44,000,000 Americans! What this is is a poster looking for CHEAP LABOR!!!! Screw the hard working AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-07-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
So lets give immigrants cheap health care when hard working, tax paying, law abiding Americans are going bankrupt or dying because they cant afford health care?? Thats around 44,000,000 Americans! What this is is a poster looking for CHEAP LABOR!!!! Screw the hard working AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!
Let's try to keep the emotions to a minimum otherwise Gizmo is going to move the thread. The problem is that immigrants tend to be harder working than your average American as well as more honest and law abiding. This is why immigrants can:

A. Boost our economy with a more productive labor pool.

B. Bring back a set of values to America that are sorely lacking such as honesty and a strong work ethic.

Quote:
Explain how this would work
Allow me to add some more detail to the plan. I am sure you will change your position once you are educated about the benefits provided to America by undocumented immigrants and need to provide them with amnesty and immunity from criminal prosecution.

1. Open US borders for 1-3 months - This will allow us to vastly increase the desperately needed labor pool of immmigrants in the US therefore improving the overall ecomony.

2. Give immigrants incentives to come to America such as low cost health care and cash incentives. - This will help attract the best workers to the US and give them a reason to stay here.

3. Give all undocumented immigrants amnesty - This is a no brainer. Even President Bush is for amnesty. See Bush's plan for amnesty if you are unsure of the benefits here.

4. Give any future undocumented immigrants immunity from prosecution for domestic crimes. - This will encourage immigrants to come to the US without fear of being wrongfully charged with crimes they likely did not commit.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:58 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
I'll say this and then drop it--it sounds like you would be very happy living in Mexico. Especially since they are such hard working, law abiding people. Have a nice day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies