Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 06:58 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
COLUMBUS, Ohio — A death row inmate scheduled for execution in October says he's so fat that Ohio executioners would have trouble finding his veins and that his weight could diminish the effectiveness of one of the lethal injection drugs.
Lawyers for Richard Cooey argue in a federal lawsuit that Cooey had poor veins when he faced execution five years ago and that the problem has been worsened by weight gain.
Cooey, 41, was sentenced to die for raping and murdering two female University of Akron students in 1986. After a federal judge granted Cooey a last-minute reprieve in 2003, Cooey was returned to death row. In April, he lost a challenge to Ohio's lethal injection process when the U.S. Supreme Court said he had missed a deadline to file a lawsuit.
Ahh..., the poor baby, he might feel some pain during his L-O-N-G over due execution! Did he ever think about he pain that the two female students felt in 1986 when he raped and murdered them? Doubtful he's even given that a momen't thought! Tell you what, give me an AK-47 and one hi-velocity full metal jacket round, pay my expenses, and I will guarantee the State of Ohio that Mr. Cooey will feel no pain as he checks into Hell!

FOXNews.com - Ohio Inmate Claims He's Too Fat to Be Executed - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 07:10 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
I'm thinking the man should go on a diet to solve the problem. If we cut off his legs and his arms, that should reduce a lot of weight. If it still doesn't meet the standards, there are plenty of area we can commence slicing to get down to where we need to be.... ya just gotta use a little common sense if ya really want to fry someone, and we definitely want this fatso fried

Old 08-04-2008, 07:19 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,833 times
Too fat??? What, have they had MickyD walk ups in prison for the last 20 something years I could see some concern if they were gonna hang the dude but can't they just implement a side by side gurney situation here?

Old 08-04-2008, 07:31 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,628 times
Get him off the prescription drugs.

Then execute him and let him suffer.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:23 PM

1,323 posts, read 4,701,217 times
An experienced nurse or doctor who routinely starts IV's would have no trouble finding this Mr. Cooey's veins. If there is concern that his weight will diminish the effectiveness of the lethal injection, all they have to do is give him a higher dose. Problem solved!

Inmates remain on death row far too long before they are finally executed. I say execute him NOW!

Old 08-04-2008, 08:39 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Washington state had a portly whiner, too. Mitchell Rupe fought against hanging (the only punishment at the time) and won...but he got his just desserts in the end:

The Seattle Times: Local News: Mitchell Rupe, inmate found too heavy to hang, dead at 51

Old 09-17-2008, 05:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,620 times
The answer is simple - feed him only 300 calories a day until he is svelt enough to execute. Save money on court costs ans food.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:12 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by learn2shoot View Post
The answer is simple - feed him only 300 calories a day until he is svelt enough to execute. Save money on court costs ans food.
1 .99 cent tube of super glue would solve that

Old 09-17-2008, 08:27 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
he got that fat off tax payer food? I say starve him to death. that's cruel, and unusual.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:03 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
this guy is a joke!!! i expected him to weigh in excess of 400lbs or something. he only weighs 270. even at 5'7 that aint too bad.

the starving solution is fine, a bit unusual.
he says the issue isnt his weight but access to the veins.

hes making excuses. how many obese people get IV's for their lipo procedures or stomach stapling. and look at line backers. they weigh hundreds of pounds. and they undergo routine medical sheck ups that involve needles.

fat people have been getting IV's and injections for ever. he needs to own up to his crime.

as for the fear of a not getting the right dose. strap him into 2 lethal injections machines. give him twice the dose. that will do the trick.

this guy is a joke. get rid of him already. and rape his fat ar$$ while there at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies