Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 01:32 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times

Advertisements

Folks really need to make the distinction between paying income taxes and filing their taxes.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:03 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
There is no law that says you must pay taxes, but there is covering filing your taxes. FYI the IRS "Blue Book" are IRS rules, not laws. The sooner we go to a consumption or flat tax the better the idea of thousands of IRS workers loosing their jobs makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside
I am not sure that a 'flat tax' would help anyone.

A wage-slave's taxes would go from being a voluntary system of taxation, to an involuntary system.

People who insist that they have no control over their taxes, would see it taken from their pay-checks; and like today they would simply wash their hands of it.

For businessmen it is not that simple.

Say I grow a field of carrots, I sell those carrots for $10,000. Under a flat tax system, I would pay taxes on $10,000. But wait, I had to pay my employees. I had to pay for fertilizer. I may have had to pay for water. My tractor burned fuel, and it required 3 repairs during the season. Lets not forget my property taxes.

$10,000 was my Gross. But it was not my Net. Lets say I paid $8,000 in all of these others expenses, to allow me to produce $10,000 in carrots. I netted $2,000.

Do I pay a flat tax on $10,000? or on $2,000?

The difference in these amounts is my business write-offs.

Any business taxed on it's Gross, ignoring it's write-offs will fail.

You can not eliminate write-offs, and expect our economy to function.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:06 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Many States have outcome taxes, commonly known as property taxes.

Then, of course, there are consumption taxes.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:05 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,579,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I am not sure that a 'flat tax' would help anyone.

A wage-slave's taxes would go from being a voluntary system of taxation, to an involuntary system.

People who insist that they have no control over their taxes, would see it taken from their pay-checks; and like today they would simply wash their hands of it.

For businessmen it is not that simple.

Say I grow a field of carrots, I sell those carrots for $10,000. Under a flat tax system, I would pay taxes on $10,000. But wait, I had to pay my employees. I had to pay for fertilizer. I may have had to pay for water. My tractor burned fuel, and it required 3 repairs during the season. Lets not forget my property taxes.

$10,000 was my Gross. But it was not my Net. Lets say I paid $8,000 in all of these others expenses, to allow me to produce $10,000 in carrots. I netted $2,000.

Do I pay a flat tax on $10,000? or on $2,000?

The difference in these amounts is my business write-offs.

Any business taxed on it's Gross, ignoring it's write-offs will fail.

You can not eliminate write-offs, and expect our economy to function.
A simpler and more equal way would be to tax all purchases, that way the rich that have a lot of write off's would pay their fair share as would the poorer person. you buy a $65,000.00 car you pay your fair share, you buy a used bike for transportation then you pay your share. If you eat an expensive steak dinner rather then a hot dog then the same goes for that too. also the statement that the courent tax requirement is voluntary system?

Old 04-03-2013, 11:28 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
They just upheld the healthcare act because they said it was a federal tax ;so don't see them hearing Income tax case again. IRS doews not have to support income taxas they are only the collecting agecny created by congress and approved by president of both parties.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:32 AM

602 posts, read 574,315 times
Well, I just got my 1st quarter bonus check and I feel like I've been robbed, if that means anything. 39% right off the top.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:08 AM

4 posts, read 3,069 times
Did you know that over 90 million people that are allegedly supposed to file taxes no longer do? People are learning that the IRS and the income tax is a scam. Why doesn't the IRS come clean and tell the public what law makes the average liable for income tax. They can't because it doesn't exist. The IRS and the Federal Department of Justice has to lie to keep this scam going. Go to redirect to find out why.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:10 AM

4 posts, read 3,069 times
If you are ever sitting on a jury on a Federal Tax evasion case, when the prosecutors are asking you to find the defendant guilty, HAVE THEM TELL YOU THE ACTUAL LAW THAT MAKES THE DEFENDANT LIABLE OR REQUIRED TO FILE!!! The prosecutors for the IRS are corrupt to the core and will not use the actual law to prosecute the defendant. Instead, they will use the penalty part of the law as the actual law. The penalty phase of the law start out “Any person required under this title to pay any estimated tax....shall... be guilty of a misdemeanor...etc. Prosecutors don't use the actual law, because the defendant is probably NOT REQUIRED UNDER THIS TITLE TO PAY. If the prosecutors can't find the actual law that makes the defendant liable to the income tax or required to file, FIND THE DEFENDANT “NOT GUILTY”!!!

Old 07-28-2014, 09:12 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Folks really need to make the distinction between paying income taxes and filing their taxes.

Very true.......I file every year.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
One more time for the slow learners here.
It is the LAW that you file your taxes, it is Not the Law to pay taxes. They will not put you in jail for non-payment, but lie on your tax returns or do not file them and yes you can go to prison for it. Know the law or enjoy learning it the hard way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies