Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:16 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times

Advertisements

haha, those aren't republicans. those are republicrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
Many of the "hardcore" republicans are the extremists (want to push christianity into government, hate gays, hate pro-choice, want war against anyone who's not american, etc...)
Seems they're getting old and dying, so that a new generation (one that's a little more tolerant of others) is moving in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 01:29 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,062,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
there was really no need to reply. I ended the discussion with my last post, hence the photo.

july-sep 06: $645,622
jan-mar 07: $443,726

uh, yeah, that's a bubble bro. it's up to $536,514 as of last count, so it rebounded a bit, but that my friend is a BUBBLE. the DC area was up there with places in cali, florida, and las vegas, and DC is included in the DC area.
If and when you get to college, take a statistics course. It will perhaps equip you with a better set of tools to understand economic activity. Meanwhile 1) Don't use mean data in distributions with large outliers like one finds in housing data. Medians are much more indicative. 2) Consider all the data not just cherry picked data. All you have discovered is noise in the system. 3) Understand that aggregate data like this contains mixtures of homes that are very different in characteristics. In 20003 you have posh Capitol Hill residences mixed into ghetto properties. Data if they are going to show anything must contain comparable properties.

Quote:
nice distortion of your crack head democrat mayor, who by the way, still serves on city council. you analysis that he wasn't busted for drugs during his second term is correct. however you failed to mention that in 2005 he tested positive for cocaine and marijuana. I am sure he was clean his second term though.
The district has someone who uses or used to use drugs. Shocking.

Quote:
as for williams, they don't come more right leaning than a flat tax now do they? also, you don't know who I know in DC. the people I know are libertarians. are you trying to dictate who I know? I think not. to be honest with you, I really doubt you live in DC at all. you are probably just a suburbanite.
Williams never proposed a flat tax when mayor.

I know you don't know many people in the district if most are libertarians. The party is so inconsequential it's listed in "other" in the voter registration statistics. "Other" totals 1%. Meanwhile 74% of the population are registered Democrats.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:45 PM

oooo, did I strike a nerve? already done with college, a real one too. not the virtual phd you got from the back of a comic book. here's a hint, if your degree comes with free sea monkeys, it's probably not legit. the DC housing bubble is knows all over the US. it's a horrible housing market. perhaps you are a real estate agent who is in denial or something. sorry, just because you say something, doesn't make it true. they overbuilt, and now they have to lower prices to sell off inventory. not sure if you know how that works, but I worked in land development in the DC area. yes, you had a crack head mayor. it took you this long to admit it? however, he really never was your mayor. stafford county really isn't part of DC! I never said williams proposed a flat tax did I? I said he supported brownback's idea of a flat tax for DC. oh, and I know people in DC. my family is quite known there. we are more wealthy, more powerful, and more educated, than you will ever know. no need to reply. case closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
If and when you get to college, take a statistics course. It will perhaps equip you with a better set of tools to understand economic activity. Meanwhile 1) Don't use mean data in distributions with large outliers like one finds in housing data. Medians are much more indicative. 2) Consider all the data not just cherry picked data. All you have discovered is noise in the system. 3) Understand that aggregate data like this contains mixtures of homes that are very different in characteristics. In 20003 you have posh Capitol Hill residences mixed into ghetto properties. Data if they are going to show anything must contain comparable properties.

The district has someone who uses or used to use drugs. Shocking.

Williams never proposed a flat tax when mayor.

I know you don't know many people in the district if most are libertarians. The party is so inconsequential it's listed in "other" in the voter registration statistics. "Other" totals 1%. Meanwhile 74% of the population are registered Democrats.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
oooo, did I strike a nerve? already done with college, a real one too. not the virtual phd you got from the back of a comic book. here's a hint, if your degree comes with free sea monkeys, it's probably not legit. the DC housing bubble is knows all over the US. it's a horrible housing market. perhaps you are a real estate agent who is in denial or something. sorry, just because you say something, doesn't make it true. they overbuilt, and now they have to lower prices to sell off inventory. not sure if you know how that works, but I worked in land development in the DC area. yes, you had a crack head mayor. it took you this long to admit it? however, he really never was your mayor. stafford county really isn't part of DC! I never said williams proposed a flat tax did I? I said he supported brownback's idea of a flat tax for DC. oh, and I know people in DC. my family is quite known there. we are more wealthy, more powerful, and more educated, than you will ever know. no need to reply. case closed.
Sorry to here you got a degree. Your parents may have been swindled. I'd be willing to compare institutions but that's a tangent.

The housing bubble certainly is legitimate and it is affecting areas of this country badly. It may at some point spread to the District of Columbia, but it hasn't.

Williams never "supported" Brownback's idea. He said he would "discuss it." Brownback at the time was chair of the Senate subcommittee with oversight of the District. Now that's he's no longer in power, I don't think he even gets his calls returned.

Daddy's a big wig in the Libertarian Party? But you're probably right, your family's education and prominence is certainly not likely to make my radar screen.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:11 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Default Libertarians Rock!

Seriously, I don't know why everyone doesn't just drop the whole two party bull#@!$ and get behind one party that only wants to give you your Constitutional rights back! Seems like we should all want that but for the most part everyone tries to act like these people are the crazy ones. What, crazy for wanting to seize control of a corrupt government and give the people back their voice. Seems to me the crazy ones are the ones who would rather hold on to this corrupt system than join as one voice behind one core goal. A return of the power into the hands of the people. United we stand, divided we fall. That is exactly why we are so strenuously embroiled in the whole two party system. We are always divided, and thus we will inevitably fall.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:18 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Seriously, I don't know why everyone doesn't just drop the whole two party bull#@!$ and get behind one party that only wants to give you your Constitutional rights back! Seems like we should all want that but for the most part everyone tries to act like these people are the crazy ones. What, crazy for wanting to seize control of a corrupt government and give the people back their voice. Seems to me the crazy ones are the ones who would rather hold on to this corrupt system than join as one voice behind one core goal. A return of the power into the hands of the people. United we stand, divided we fall. That is exactly why we are so strenuously embroiled in the whole two party system. We are always divided, and thus we will inevitably fall.
Can't...

No one want's to take a chance on a third party candidate and lose their vote and still have the one candidate they most didn't want in office to be there.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:42 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
What do you mean can't. I am not talking about simply voting for the third party candidate. I am talking about the people demanding in one voice for a change in the way our country does business. We have to get together, or we will only be sunk farther and farther into a hole and eventually we will never be able to crawl out of it. Why is it so hard for Americans to stand together.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
What do you mean can't. I am not talking about simply voting for the third party candidate. I am talking about the people demanding in one voice for a change in the way our country does business. We have to get together, or we will only be sunk farther and farther into a hole and eventually we will never be able to crawl out of it. Why is it so hard for Americans to stand together.
No problem. Have all the Republicans stay home in November.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:17 PM

I am sure you will, you republican you. hey, can I borrow your hand buzzer you got with your degree? I lost mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
No problem. Have all the Republicans stay home in November.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:58 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Well a couple of things: What percentage of the vote have Libertarians been getting? Heres the deal, if Libertarians had a consistent unified message, and moved into the Republican party, we would be seeing a lot more Libertarian minded people being elected to congress. Unfortunately the Libertarian party has become home to such a disparate collection of mentalities and ideologies, ranging from the classic, common sense, small government, low taxes thinking, to all the anti war, anti establishment, anti two party, anarchist nut cases who came out of the wood work to jump on the crazy train with conductor ronpaul! The two party system is here for a long time to come those who understand that and get involved in one of the two parties will have an impact on the issues they care about, the ones who dont will continue to wander in the wilderness, rant and rave on the internet and have a negative effect on their supposed cause!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies