Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:04 AM

305 posts, read 805,530 times

Advertisements

Jobless Rate for Young Black Men: 34.5% - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/24/politics/washingtonpost/main5761670.shtml - broken link)

What are your thoughts?

If this is a repost, please forgive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 08:11 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
In other news, the sale of Spinners are down 80%.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:11 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
My thoughts are we have the first black president who could do something about illegal immigrants, like making E-Verify required for all employers, so jobs would open up for blacks. Illegal immigration hurts blacks more than any other group. Of course hussein obama will never do the right thing for the black population.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:32 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,872 times
A lot of this is due to the fact that many of them have criminal records, and no education. Don't committ crimes and go to school and I bet the rate drops dramatically!

Old 11-25-2009, 08:34 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.00 per hour View Post
Jobless Rate for Young Black Men: 34.5% - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/24/politics/washingtonpost/main5761670.shtml - broken link)

What are your thoughts?

If this is a repost, please forgive.
Aren't you lucky they aren't sitting home posting on C-D

Old 11-25-2009, 08:42 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
I am sure there is racism BUT I feel like a lot of African Americans have very poor work ethics. I remember like last month, I was the Minneapolis International airport and one of the security guards, a Black gentleman had fallen asleep in his chair, I thought that was very unprofessional and irresponsible. The whole Black attitude works against them, like wearing certain clothes, walking a certain way, heck, I have seen black kids come to job interviews with do rags on their heads and pants falling off their butts. I don't see why a Black man who is educated, presents himself in a professional and respectful manner and speaks good English would not be able to find a good job!

Old 11-25-2009, 08:43 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Ironic to see this thread pop up. Heard this exact statement on the Metro this morning:

"Itz tha real deal killa. I ain't tryin' to get no job. I make my endz on the cona fo-sho, you feel me?"

Old 11-25-2009, 08:45 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
My thoughts are we have the first black president who could do something about illegal immigrants, like making E-Verify required for all employers, so jobs would open up for blacks. Illegal immigration hurts blacks more than any other group. Of course hussein obama will never do the right thing for the black population.
Clinton was the only black President we have ever had.

Is Jesse Jackson considered to be employed?

Old 11-25-2009, 08:46 AM

937 posts, read 2,834,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am sure there is racism BUT I feel like a lot of African Americans have very poor work ethics. I remember like last month, I was the Minneapolis International airport and one of the security guards, a Black gentleman had fallen asleep in his chair, I thought that was very unprofessional and irresponsible. The whole Black attitude works against them, like wearing certain clothes, walking a certain way, heck, I have seen black kids come to job interviews with do rags on their heads and pants falling off their butts. I don't see why a Black man who is educated, presents himself in a professional and respectful manner and speaks good English would not be able to find a good job!
That has a TON to do with it. Talking ghetto, dressing ghetto...makes you ghetto. The black dude who is educated, dresses nice and talks with proper english will have zero issues landing a job. Problem is, seems they are few and far in between, atleast where I'm from, thus the rest are unemployed welfare roaches.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:03 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
A lot of this is due to the fact that many of them have criminal records, and no education. Don't committ crimes and go to school and I bet the rate drops dramatically!

You nailed it !

Once you drop out of high school in the inner city ( or nearly everywhere else) you are doomed .

In a city close to me ( 66,000) the somalian legal immigrants work at a poultry processing plant and at a manufacturing plant.

The non-somalian blacks get their pictures in the paper constantly for criminal activity. ( and that city has a small percentage of blacks )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies