Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 10:26 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times

Advertisements

In Reagan's case, I wouldn't count out plausible deniability, because I do think his Alzheimer's was already kicking in at the time and thus it is not impossible that he truly did not know. If this was the case, he should have resigned or been removed from office for lack of mental capability.

As for Bush, he could always claim "diminished capacity" due to substance abuse, claiming that he was unable to function as president because of alcohol abuse (and possible cocaine abuse?) In any case, this would also necessitate his removal from office on grounds of insufficient mental health for the job.

In Clinton's case, adultery is not a crime unless you're in Michigan or you're a member of the armed forces on active duty. It certainly is not of sufficient gravity to be an impeachable offense. No one was hurt by Clinton's actions. I do think Clinton should have known better and taken the fifth, but the idea of impeaching a president for adultery was a national embarrassment (and showed how desperate Kenneth Starr was -although some loony left types claimed that Clinton could have been impeached for "war crimes" - surprised Starr didn't pick up upon that wackjob idea)

Old 01-26-2007, 10:36 PM

922 posts, read 1,909,163 times
clinton was not impeached for adultry. he was impeached for lying under oath. and what of poor hillary, she gasped and could hardly breath. my-o-my poor woman. clinton was so slick he got you to feel sorry for him while all the other illegal things went on. remember how many "friends" of theres died under mysterious circumstanses?

Old 01-26-2007, 10:58 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
clinton was not impeached for adultry. he was impeached for lying under oath. and what of poor hillary, she gasped and could hardly breath.
As I said, he should have taken the 5th and stayed silent, it was a mistake on his part to talk at all.

But wouldn't you cheat on your wife if you were married to Hillary? It's funny how many Clinton-bashers all of a sudden love her....):

Old 01-26-2007, 11:29 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post

I don't know about Bush, but I can give Cheney credit for one thing... he can shoot straight.LOL
Maybe we could make Cheney the head of the Bar Association? Do we really need all the lawyers we have in this country?

Old 01-26-2007, 11:50 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jest721 View Post
What amazes me is that most people that know him in Washington, even those opposed to him politically, almost unanimously admit how intelligent he is. I personally think he has insulated himself with yes-men and has lost touch with most Americans. Reminds me of another Bush marvelling over a supermarket scanner.
My father has met him a few times, and did say he's fairly intelligent & articulate in person... and apparently has a good sense of humor. But he also thinks Bush is a bit odd, and often seems like he's not paying attention.

But all of that is irrelevant, considering what a horrible job he's done - and how stupid he appears in public, since that's all most people get to see.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:52 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Maybe we could make Cheney the head of the Bar Association? Do we really need all the lawyers we have in this country?
Hey, my sister's a lawyer! But since she's not a member of the Bar, I guess she'd be safe from Cheney the sharpshooter...

Old 01-26-2007, 11:53 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,505,360 times
In addition to the facts that have already been presented to mark6052 about Mr. Bush's so-called "wide" majority, if fewer than 10,000 voters in Ohio had voted the other way, John Kerry would be President right now. There were wide spread allegations of voter fraud in Ohio. Maybe Kerry actually is President in some parallel universe where they do things right.

More importantly, the repeated statements like "winning by millions" is a solid indication that nothing the poster says can be regarded as accurate.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:00 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Just arrange a hunting trip... problem solved.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:13 AM

986 posts, read 2,808,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
God help us all if Gore wins!!!
I second that big time!!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2007, 06:06 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,482,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
God help us all if Gore wins!!!
My point exactly I like to see what people like you think is best for the country, and then go off in the complete opposite direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies