Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:38 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post

We impeached a man over a gettin a little on the side in the oval office.
It would have been just fine IF he wasn't a MARRIED man and PRESIDENT of OUR COUNTRY. If Clinton had been dealing with some of this we might not be were we are today. Clinton had Bin Laden in his hands and gave him back. Clinton did nothing about the U.S. Cole so, they figured what the hell they are not paying attention. Guess what President Clinton wasn't.
Just seems so easy for President Bush to be blamed for everything.
We didn't just get into this mess on 9/11. Lots was going on and the Democrats just appeased everyone and Bin Laden and others hated Bush Sr. and I believe planned this attack on 9/11 when we VOTED President Bush in.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:43 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jest721 View Post
What amazes me is that most people that know him in Washington, even those opposed to him politically, almost unanimously admit how intelligent he is. I personally think he has insulated himself with yes-men and has lost touch with most Americans. Reminds me of another Bush marvelling over a supermarket scanner.
I don't know what you are basing this opinion on, but it isn't true. I know someone who is his contemporary who has known him since *forever* (their fathers worked together and their families are friends) who is also a Republican in Washington who will tell you this is total BS. Intelligence and GWB have never even been introduced!

Old 01-26-2007, 02:46 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
I've heard similar newsy stuff from friends who knew him in Texas.

And intelligence can be widely over-rated when hubris exceeds thoughts and moderation.

How many smart folks get into trouble? Too many to recount!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I don't know what you are basing this opinion on, but it isn't true. I know someone who is his contemporary who has known him since *forever* (their fathers worked together and their families are friends) who is also a Republican in Washington who will tell you this is total BS. Intelligence and GWB have never even been introduced!

Old 01-26-2007, 02:47 PM

745 posts, read 1,297,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
It would have been just fine IF he wasn't a MARRIED man and PRESIDENT of OUR COUNTRY. If Clinton had been dealing with some of this we might not be were we are today. Clinton had Bin Laden in his hands and gave him back. Clinton did nothing about the U.S. Cole so, they figured what the hell they are not paying attention. Guess what President Clinton wasn't.
Just seems so easy for President Bush to be blamed for everything.
We didn't just get into this mess on 9/11. Lots was going on and the Democrats just appeased everyone and Bin Laden and others hated Bush Sr. and I believe planned this attack on 9/11 when we VOTED President Bush in.
You are my archnemsis! This must be fate, we are on the opposite side of EVERY issue.
9/11 Was no American's fault. There were warnings, true, but I don't hold any of the administrations responsible. You might as well blame the passengers and pilots on the planes for not running into the ground. No one expected this.
And 9/11 has nothing to do with Iraq. Iraq, hold your breath now, is about oil. This president mislead the country and took us into war on misinformation. Thousands of Americans have died in this war because we were lied to by this administration. Who is responsible? The president.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Although I fundamentally agree with you; it would be appropriate to impeach Mr. Cheney. What Cheney has done, and continues to do, is as impeachable as the 37th President's mob.

We are in the process of the Libby trial--it is becoming increasingly clear that the Vice President was very instrumental in linking the identity of a CIA operative--a very serious offense. Just one example of many!!!

Of course that would leave us with a Bush-Pelosi marriage!
I find Cheney scarier than anyone. I don't trust him at all. I think he's evil.

I'd love to see Pelosi and Bush on the Jerry Springer Show. I think she would take him down. He'd be the one raising his shirt up and down. She'd have him down in a minute and she'd be standing there with her spiked heel on his stomach waving the American flag.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I am not a Bush supporter, read my posts. But I am not naive enough to think that a politician lacks intelligence because his policies are disastrous.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:55 PM

Most recently, Barack Obama mentions this in his book and notes how scary it felt to realize the importance of checks and balances with such a leader.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:56 PM

If this could happen, I'd actually buy a television.

Quote:
I find Cheney scarier than anyone. I don't trust him at all. I think he's evil.

I'd love to see Pelosi and Bush on the Jerry Springer Show. I think she would take him down. He'd be the one raising his shirt up and down. She'd have him down in a minute and she'd be standing there with her spiked heel on his stomach waving the American flag.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:58 PM

Can you elaborate? I'm missing what the "this."

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jest721 View Post
Most recently, Barack Obama mentions this in his book and notes how scary it felt to realize the importance of checks and balances with such a leader.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Thank you Thank you!! Were have you been about time someone sees that Bush seems to want to do this right. He has had some hard knocks. We are there and can't leave until the job is done or else we might as well hand the key to this place to IRAN. Impeach a President at time of WAR. What kind of message are you sending to the enemy?
Give Iraq the time to pull forward
Rather than looking at Iraq, why don't we look at the lesson we are showing them in Afghanistan?

What we are showing them there is that we are easily distracted, that we'll do a 1/2 way job then go on to the next "big thing" and they just can regroup and come back. Osama bin Laden? Who the heck is he? Is anyone even looking for him anymore? Have you heard that the Taliban is now helping the locals since we didn't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies