Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2008, 02:34 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,230,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I have recently been involved in a thread about a young 10 year old being taught how to Bullfight. This led onto a discussion about children of 7 being taken hunting and killing deer by the age of 9. In the 21st Century can anyone give me a good reason why young Children should be taught and applauded for killing Animals.
It would give liberals another community organization to control. More community organizations, more money. More money, more power.

Kids need exposure to self preservation, other than the government kind. Starting the younger the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 10:04 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
It's sooo easy for big city university types to disdain we rural folks. The ability to handle a weapon, track, survive in the bush, hunt ...all these "neanderthal" skills are still a vital and necessary part of life where we live. We have had to track down and dispose of maurading predators killing our stock and attacks on humans by these same animals are not to be discounted either. Why is this so wrong? Are we to be held in contempt for choosing a self sufficient lifestyle...I think not! So all them shrill, screaming, shouting,hateful and blatently ignorant types who wish to stay holed up in the city depending on their electronics as a first line of defense can just stay out of our desert and mountains and leave us be thank you! You don't have to live here with us and we sure don't want anything to do with you....Live how you want and keep your opinions about how evolved your sensibilities are and how lovey dovey you are to everthing and everyone in the venues that want them. Now ...if you'll excuse me, my 12 year old son needs to sight in his rifle.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:09 PM

145 posts, read 247,266 times
"Should young children be taught how to shoot animals?"

Not unless their survival actually depends on or could conceivably depend upon their needing those skills for survival purposes. Otherwise its un-necessary cruelty to all involved.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:43 AM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
I have livestock. I have goats, sheep, pigs and chickens.

Each of these livestock performs some useful task on my farm.

Our goats eat trees, our sheep eat weeds, our pigs root up the stumps, and our chickens eat goat droppings / sheep droppings / pig droppings / frogs / salamanders and insects.

With each of these livestock there comes a time when they go into the freezer. For us or for someone else.

Life comes from death. Every hamburger you eat, was once a living cow. Every steak, every sausage. Hiding this fact of life inside a factory does not change it.

Hiding it in a factory helps to create the delusion that nothing died so that we may live.

This 'fact of life' is survival on planet earth.

Everyone living on this planet depends on the death of animals, for us to live.

Whether we shoot these animals, or knock them in the head with a hammer, or cut-off their head with pruning shears; the method may vary. But the purpose is the same.

This is a 'fact of life'. This is not about survival in the wilderness. This is survival on our planet.

Everyone: either kills or is responsible for killing.

Everyone!

'Jello' gelatin is made from bone and hooves.

The delusion that these products do not come from the deaths of animals, is a delusion that has been finely crafted. But it is still a delusion, a lie.

Red food dye pigment in everything red is made from crushed insects.

How many people consider that red cherry soda is an animal by product? Probably very few, as most live in a delusion. I lie to hide the 'facts of life'.

In healthy soil there are millions of living organisms in every square foot. They provide the nutrients so that plant roots can thrive. They live and die to give us wheat, corn, barley, onions, every plant that we eat.

What is the purpose in hiding these facts?

Urban people today are allowed to live within many false assumptions, delusions and lies.

Our lives come from the deaths of many others. This is simple fact.

Anyone who thinks that their life does not exist based upon the deaths of other lives is delusional.

Unfortunately these lying people also raise children and they vote.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:46 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
Quote:
I started this thread because our discussion was not anything to do with the thread that we were debating this issue on. I have put an open question on here and if you feel it is a personal attack, i cannot see why. I asked the simple question " Should young children be taught to shoot animals" as i am interested to see other posters views and maybe learn why this is done.

Yes. When you liberal-types have destroyed the econcomy, and the nation is in a state of anarchy, my kids will be able to hunt and dress an elk. You are not invited. Enjoy your veggies.

I started my kids (boys and girls) shooting at age 8. They know the danger of guns, how to handle them safely, how to clean them, etc. In the event they are ever in a situation where guns are introduced, they know how to protect themselves and others.

Humans eat meat; have been for thousands of years. If you choose not to, that is your choice.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:02 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
IMHO - everybody should be taught to properly and safely handle firearms and when using them for hunting and/or self defense is justified.

As far as hunting is concerned I have to say that as we have removed most large predators because they have damaged domestic (financially worthwhile) herds, we have to also control the game population to keep the range from becoming over grazed and ruined. Without predation, like selling range fed beef or regulated deer hunting, the carrying capacity of the land is diminished. The deer in the northeast US could be controlled by the reintroduction of mountain lion and wolves but the secondary damages would likely be too high to actually do such a thing. Some wild predators have introduced them selves. My wife just spotted a coyote in deepest suburbia in southern NH for instance.

As far a self defense is concerned I consider it to be a fundamental right of being alive and anyone that restricts a citizen’s right to defend themselves become responsible for protecting that citizen. Our government, and most others, prefers to remove the weapons from their citizens in order to increase the power and perceived safety, of the government. However, except for a few members of that government, they are reluctant to defend the disarmed citizens.

The myth that guns are only needed in a rural environment is just that, a myth. The people that most need to be able to defend themselves are the women that are going home at 0330 from cleaning office restrooms and now are easy prey to the degenerated dopos and muggers infesting the urban landscape. These women are discouraged from being able to defend themselves. Trying to describe why makes me sound even more radical than I do already.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:08 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,802,428 times
Quote:
I have recently been involved in a thread about a young 10 year old being taught how to Bullfight. This led onto a discussion about children of 7 being taken hunting and killing deer by the age of 9. In the 21st Century can anyone give me a good reason why young Children should be taught and applauded for killing Animals.
It boils down to basic survival skills. If armageddon were to happen tomorrow, and the basic food supply chain were disrupted, I'm sure glad I was taught how to hunt and fish.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:27 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talibanic View Post
Not unless their survival actually depends on or could conceivably depend upon their needing those skills for survival purposes. Otherwise its un-necessary cruelty to all involved.
What level of certainty is sufficient for you and those like you, to decide it's acceptable for people to hunt?

Or should we wait until such an event happens and we have no other way to survive. At that point, then, I guess, we're allowed to learn the skill. Only thing is, at that point, it's too late.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:03 PM

145 posts, read 247,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Anyone who thinks that their life does not exist based upon the deaths of other lives is delusional.
Well hurry up then and drop dead already ...I'm STARVING.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:06 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talibanic View Post
Well hurry up then and drop dead already ...I'm STARVING.
Are you saying that nothing you eat comes from a dead animal?

I doubt such is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies