Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 06:44 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Funny, the easiest way for your kid to SEE an animal is to go to the zoo.
They let you kill, cook & eat zoo animals in your world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 07:31 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I have recently been involved in a thread about a young 10 year old being taught how to Bullfight. This led onto a discussion about children of 7 being taken hunting and killing deer by the age of 9. In the 21st Century can anyone give me a good reason why young Children should be taught and applauded for killing Animals.
What does the 21st century have to do with it. If more young boys were out in the woods spending time with their dads learning how to hunt and fish, instead of hanging around some park on skate board with their pants hanging off their ass and earphone's stuck in their ears, This country would be a whole lot better off.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:58 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Really? This Huntin N Fishin is really going to solve America's problems----- NOT.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:09 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
They let you kill, cook & eat zoo animals in your world?
Nope. So how do you plan to hunt, when most of our country's animals are found in zoos, and not in the woods--what woods we have left, that is, since environmentalists are sappy liberals who stand in the way of progress....

Old 09-25-2008, 02:12 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Whats your point?
The subject was feeding yourself. Trappers might have ate some of the things they trapped but if they relied on it alone they would die. Trappers trap fur & trade it for meat from hunters who need the fur. Basic economics.
Both squirrel and rabbit are edible. Today's trapping would get you ....soylent green...

Old 09-25-2008, 05:32 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I have recently been involved in a thread about a young 10 year old being taught how to Bullfight. This led onto a discussion about children of 7 being taken hunting and killing deer by the age of 9. In the 21st Century can anyone give me a good reason why young Children should be taught and applauded for killing Animals.
This is an old thread but I just came across it.

Applauded? Why did you add that? No, not applauded, unless it is for marksmanship. Taught? Yes, if they intend to hunt.

Look, a lot of people enjoy hunting (I'm not interested in it myself) and hunt deer etc. They like venison, so it isn't killing just for fun.

Hunting keeps the deer population under control, but in some areas (Ohio for example) this isn't even enough. Deer season has been extended some years for that reason.

Most all hunters eat what they kill. I have no problem with that. I eat meat, but I prefer to get mine from the grocery store. I have never even tasted deer meat.

We were involved in 4-H for many years. Many kids raised beef or pork for the fair, and it was auctioned off at the end of fair week. These are kids that are likely future farmers. Again, I have no problem with it. I eat meat, and I like it. I could not be a vegitarian.

Most people who are against hunting are radical PETA types. They can do what they want (and eat what they want) but don't tell me I can't (or shouldn't) eat meat.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:42 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Nope. So how do you plan to hunt, when most of our country's animals are found in zoos, and not in the woods--what woods we have left, that is, since environmentalists are sappy liberals who stand in the way of progress....
A minority of America's animals live in zoos.

The majority of animals reside outside of zoos.

We heard moose calling in our living room last night.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Theres plenty of woods & only a fool would suggest theres more animals in captivity than in the wild. In reality theres more woodland now than there was 100 years ago, theres also more game in most areas than a generation ago. Anyway, I dont plan to hunt, I hunt, every chance I get. From now until the end of Jan I'll be in the woods at least 3 times a week. My oldest son will kill his first deer this year & his brother 2 years from now.

See, me & you are very dfferent, I live a wholesome enriching life & try to share the wonders of this world with everyone I meet.
For some reason you seem to live a miserable existance & try to degrade everything others find important. I pity you really.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Both squirrel and rabbit are edible.
No fooling. Try it, I think you'll find it easier to fill your pot with squirrels & rabbits with a shotgun or 22 than with a snare.

How do you fix squirrel?
I often do it like chicken & rice but sometimes if I have 8 or a dozen I bake them in low heat for 3 or 4 hours until theyre coming apart.
Rabbits are easier to cook but I like squirrel hunting more personally.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:43 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
Quote:
TKramar,

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and prove it."

You clearly don't go outside much (apparently not even to go to school) so why are you even getting involved in a debate that you have very limited understanding of and has about zero perceptible impact on your life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies