Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 04:00 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,076 times

Advertisements

Gog and Magog? What are you guys talking about?

Since when are we looking toward ancient texts to determine our foreign policy? I guess we should get political advisers flipping through the Iliad to determine our land war strategy as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 10:01 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,414,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Gog and Magog? What are you guys talking about?

Since when are we looking toward ancient texts to determine our foreign policy? I guess we should get political advisers flipping through the Iliad to determine our land war strategy as well.
the person that posted about Gog and Magog was referring to the end times in the Holy Bible, Qur'an, and several other religions such as Hinduism (known as Koka and Vikoka). I was just answering what they had ask "who is Gog and Magog"

these two places refer to two countries that will help to bring about the end of the world (same thing in all of the religions listed above.) This has to be looked at during our dealings with the middle east. Iran's leadership believe this whole heartedly, and are of a group called the "twelver's" who believe that they can start the return of Ala by spilling non believing blood over the earth.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:09 AM

658 posts, read 830,426 times
Only if asked by our allies to protect them. Then, absolutely. But IMO we should not go where we think our way of life should be introduced. Nobody is paying us to be the world's police. In fact, we pay more money to support the UN then any other country in the world. We have issues here at home, like bringing back the living wage job. This is a serious economic issue that cannot be addressed, let alone solved, while we spend our money inside the troubles of other countries.

Allies, yes. Planting freedom where it was not requested, no. Yes, freedom is great, but IMO the taxpayers of this nation would rather see our problems fixed first before we go around the world, telling other people how to live.

Do not misunderstand me, I am in favor of hunting down and killing all those involved with 9/11. But it's been 7 years people, and still no Bid Laden? I personally doubt the resolve of the western nations hunting him down. If they were serious, they would just kick the bounty up to a billion dollars, and let some greedy Han Solo types bring him in. These nations have got the money. But, like the war on drugs, I do not believe it is a real hunt. I believe it is just politics. Sorry, I love my country but not my government.

You are invited to prove me wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies