Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 06:07 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON — The ex-mistress of former presidential candidate John Edwards said Saturday she will not participate in DNA testing to establish the paternity of her daughter.
Rielle Hunter's lawyer, Robert Gordon, says his client is a private individual who wishes to maintain the privacy of herself and her daughter.
In a statement, Gordon says that Hunter is ruling out any kind of testing that could establish who the daughter's father is.
"Rielle will not participate in DNA testing or any other invasion of her or her daughter's privacy now or in the future," he said.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20080809/Edwards.Hunter/ (broken link)

I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw this coming, the minute he opened his mouth to state he would be willing to take a paternity test.
This is the first base he covered the minute she told him she was pregnant by him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 06:19 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
WASHINGTON — The ex-mistress of former presidential candidate John Edwards said Saturday she will not participate in DNA testing to establish the paternity of her daughter.
Rielle Hunter's lawyer, Robert Gordon, says his client is a private individual who wishes to maintain the privacy of herself and her daughter.
In a statement, Gordon says that Hunter is ruling out any kind of testing that could establish who the daughter's father is.
"Rielle will not participate in DNA testing or any other invasion of her or her daughter's privacy now or in the future," he said.

General News - Edwards ex-mistress rules out paternity test (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20080809/Edwards.Hunter/ - broken link)

I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw this coming, the minute he opened his mouth to state he would be willing to take a paternity test.
This is the first base he covered the minute she told him she was pregnant by him.
This is such a Sad situation! It smells like John Edwards cut a deal with this BIMBO and probably has figured out a way to pay her off enough $$$$ so she would keep her mouth shut! However, if this Bimbo did not keep her Mouth Shut, as Monica did not, then this would all have been a mute point!!!

Old 08-09-2008, 07:33 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
This is such a Sad situation! It smells like John Edwards cut a deal with this BIMBO and probably has figured out a way to pay her off enough $$$$ so she would keep her mouth shut! However, if this Bimbo did not keep her Mouth Shut, as Monica did not, then this would all have been a mute point!!!
That's exactly what happened. Allegedly she and the "alleged father" are living in separate multi-million dollar mansions with the mortgages being paid by some attorney who claims he's doing it out of the goodness of his heart. BTW, both the mother and alleged father are UNEMPLOYED.

Additionally, she is receiving $15K A MONTH in child support. What unemployed father pays that much for child support

That being said, this entire situation has John Edwards' stench all over it and my guess is that he set up a blind Trust Fund for his child, the mother and the guy pretending to be the biological father, to keep them all quiet.

It's only a matter of time before that house of cards collapses and all his little secrets are exposed.

My heart goes out to his wife.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:36 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
he is not a candidate will not be again and is out of public service. Why do we care?

Old 08-09-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
That's exactly what happened. Allegedly she and the "alleged father" are living in separate multi-million dollar mansions with the mortgages being paid by some attorney who claims he's doing it out of the goodness of his heart. BTW, both the mother and alleged father are UNEMPLOYED.

Additionally, she is receiving $15K A MONTH in child support. What unemployed father pays that much for child support

That being said, this entire situation has John Edwards' stench all over it and my guess is that he set up a blind Trust Fund for his child, the mother and the guy pretending to be the biological father, to keep them all quiet.

It's only a matter of time before that house of cards collapses and all his little secrets are exposed.

My heart goes out to his wife.
Yes it is very sad for his wife!

It is amazing how some can rationalize their lies and think all that comes out of themselves does not stink and smells like lily water!

I think Edwards has been cheating on his wife for many years! He only confessed to her because he got caught! All the dirt and money he extorted during his trial lawyer days also shows what kind of character he has!

However, what is sad, the Main Stream Media will soon bury this story, as they always protect their own scum.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:59 PM

53 posts, read 322,806 times
When the story first broke, I felt bad for him. Then I watched his interview on Nightline last night. I realize how egotistic he still was even after all this humiliation. During the interview, he did say taking the paternity test depends on "two" people even though he's more than willing. Now I know why. I knew about politicians but I never saw this coming from him. I really believed in him as a politician working for the poor.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:18 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Meow Ma View Post
When the story first broke, I felt bad for him. Then I watched his interview on Nightline last night. I realize how egotistic he still was even after all this humiliation. During the interview, he did say taking the paternity test depends on "two" people even though he's more than willing. Now I know why. I knew about politicians but I never saw this coming from him. I really believed in him as a politician working for the poor.
I watched the interview too, and thought he came off very poorly. Seems like he told his wife it was over a long time ago, but this kid being his would disprove that claim. His statement about the picture of him holding the kid was priceless, I could just envision Bill Clinton sitting there and yelling at the TV coaching Edwards on how to lie.

He is just a disgrace, and the money is obviously coming from his funds (directly or indirectly) though he denies being aware of it. What a snake...

Old 08-09-2008, 09:36 PM

53 posts, read 322,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I watched the interview too, and thought he came off very poorly. Seems like he told his wife it was over a long time ago, but this kid being his would disprove that claim. His statement about the picture of him holding the kid was priceless, I could just envision Bill Clinton sitting there and yelling at the TV coaching Edwards on how to lie.

He is just a disgrace, and the money is obviously coming from his funds (directly or indirectly) though he denies being aware of it. What a snake...
With Clinton, we knew he had a woman issue. Clinton also never pretended like a family man. The hypocrisy is just unbelievable. During the interview, he was going on and on about his wife still being in his heart. I couldn't stand watching it because he was so visibly phony. Just to think he made a deal with her about the paternity deal and lied through the interview yet again. As a woman, I really feel for his wife. I am not sure if I'd be able to trust a man personally.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post

Ditto on all of that! It is really a spectacle to see how these "Elitists" feel they are above all of us and can just buy there way out of the stuff they stepped in! Usually it will work for them but this time, like Elliot Spitzer, he got busted and now his wife has to deal with even more pain than her breast cancer. If he was a man, he would set his wife free and turn over all his fortune, he made by ripping others off, to some charity. But sad to say, all the money rather than going to some sick poor child will be going to that **** bimbo he knocked up!

Old 08-09-2008, 10:12 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
I thought it was interesting in that he frequently referred to himself as practically a split person. If you notice, he discusses the little boy growing up in the country, going to school and being a good person with lofty aspirations. Then he discusses the guy who gets caught up in the hype of running for office, and basically throws that guy under the bus as not being the "real" Edwards.

Not to be mean spirited, but he came off as almost being a nut during the interview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies