Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 01:55 AM

630 posts, read 1,291,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
thats not the best way to handle things but after being attacked for so long i can understand where they are comming from. looks like shes on Isreali soil. You know if an Isreali citizen was in Palestine, they would most likely kill or torture that Isreali. That is mild behavior.

thanks for the photo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 05:22 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,663,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
oh please, do you really want me to start posting pictures of dead palestinian children and babies. arms and legs all over the place. You cannot compare Palestinian acts of violence to Israeli. TEN TIMES AS MANY PALESTINIANS DIE THAN ISRAELIS. There is no justification. Israeli is committing atrocities of unspeakable proportions.

As long as you refuse to ask the simple question, which is "why," You will remiain as ignorant about the Middle East as you are about the Constitution over on the thread about carrying a firearm.

You made the direct statement that Israel has nothing to fear from Hamas. The picture I posted would tend to contradict your statement.

I freely acknowledge that life for Palestinians sucks. But thats what happens when you spend 60 years trying to kill the neighbor and the neighbor fights back. Rule #1 of Middle East Fight Club is don't complain when you pick a fight and get your a*s kicked. All is fair in love and war. Maybe if the Palis tried a different tack than trying to redeem Palestine in blood and fire things could be different.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:25 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,663,664 times
Quote:
Palestine has legitimate territory in Gaza and the West Bank. Which is currently being occupied by Israel. Hence the "Occupied Territories" Israel is a disgrace. Of all peoples, its they Israelis who should understand the most what its like to be oppressed. And now they are taking their revenge against the Palestinians. Disgusting!

Israel withdrew its forces 2 years ago from Gaza. Sorry to bother you with facts. There is no "occupation" there. The West Bank is disputed territory, it never belonged to a sovereign Palestinian administration. It was Ottoman, then British, then Jordanian and now is subject to final status negotations. But what are facts when you can spew one liner talking points.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:41 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,424,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
That the term is repeated ad nauseum is proof of nothing more then, well, the term has been repeated alot.
The same would be said I'm sure by proponent's of the sun's rising in the west. Until Bush's utter disinterest in it came along, US policy had been to seek to act as an honest broker in the region for decades. The people who developed policy said it. The people who implemented policy said it. The people who analyzed policy said it. And then there's you arrayed in all your glory in the face of all of these.

Quote:
It doesn't change the fact the the US is not, nor can it be, nor should it be an "honest broker." The US should act in its best interest and in the interest of its allies.
Are you daft? Advancing toward a workable peace in the region is against exactly whose best interests?

Quote:
That two sides have done bad things to each other does not mean that it is not possible to say that one side is deserving of our support more than another.
A simple statement of the historical fact that "Each side has quite clearly offered offense to the other in spades" goes no further than being a simple statement of historical fact. It is unfortunate that some have accumulated so much bias that they will rise to object when the Israelis and Palestinians are equated in any way at all. Even in terms of their shared basic humanity, one comes to suspect.

Quote:
Critique away good Sir!
It has been Israeli policy to place settlements upon all the best mountaintops and around all the best water sources in the West Bank, then to build settlement-serving roadways that disrupt Palestinian commerce, digging up any Palestinian farm and bulldozing any Palestinian building that happens to stand in the way in the process. Such acts are deliberately provocative, as if being politically and morally unjustifiable were not enough reason to condemn them.

Quote:
To the extent that Sadat went in waving the flag of Palestinian liberation and walked out with the Sinai, lots of American money and guns and an empty peace of paper promising Palestinian statehood that is as meaningless today as it was in 1978.
Sounds like your claiming that the Israelis negotiated in bad faith then and have every intention of continuing to do so today. This doesn't speak very well of them. Neither does it advance your claim that Carter "sold out" the Palestinians.

It might be interesting to note that the so-called "Road Map" that Bush has done essentially nothing to pursue comprises little more than the principles of the Carter-era Camp David Accords with some overlays and updates taken from the Clinton-era Oslo Accords et seq. Contributions from anyone named Reagan or Bush are notable only in their absence. It is these who have acted to sell out the Palestinians, as well as all others who have had any interest in peace in the region.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:55 AM

Quote:
If you truly want to stand up for the Palestinians, instead of using them to indulge your revolutionary fantasies, encourage them to join the civilized world by turning away from Hamas and its warmongering ways. Just a thought.
I wonder what could have provoked the Palestinians into turning to Hamas and the like for political and other forms of leadership to begin with. I wonder what group could have believed that bringing the "blessings of democracy" to the Palestinian state and Lebanon would not have resulted in legitimizing political gains for the likes of Hamas and Hezbollah. Some of these dogma- and ideology-driven folks are apparently just a little slow on the actual uptake.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie333 View Post
hey punckrocker, read some history and for God's sakes please use spell check before you post. Also lay off the redbull and learn to control your emotional posts.
You do realize that you misspelled Israel every time the name was used in that post, don't you? On twelve different occasions, I believe, assuming that misspelling Israeli also counts. The rest of the post rises to a similar level, but I suppose that others will have addressed that matter by now...

Old 08-13-2008, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Israel withdrew its forces 2 years ago from Gaza. Sorry to bother you with facts. There is no "occupation" there.
More like a gulag then, would you say?

Quote:
The West Bank is disputed territory, it never belonged to a sovereign Palestinian administration.
Your house becomes "disputed territory" if I decide to fly in and claim that it belongs to me. Do the Israelis have a better claim to the West Bank than that?

Quote:
It was Ottoman, then British, then Jordanian and now is subject to final status negotations. But what are facts when you can spew one liner talking points.
The vagaries of ancient and colonial rule and remote administration are excuses more than facts within the current context, but given what appears to be a determined propensity to devolve all rights within the region onto Israelis and none at all onto Palestinians, I can understand such otherwise purposeless resort to them.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:05 PM

630 posts, read 1,291,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post

The vagaries of ancient and colonial rule and remote administration are excuses more than facts within the current context, but given what appears to be a determined propensity to devolve all rights within the region onto Israelis and none at all onto Palestinians, I can understand such otherwise purposeless resort to them.

Good, you used spell check! But I noticed this was a run-on sentence.

.............have a nice day!

Old 08-13-2008, 06:31 PM

564 posts, read 891,228 times
Quote:
Your ignorance is shocking. Little technology??? Think again. First of all, they receive billions of dollars in U.S. aid. They have one of the most advanced militaries out there. They nuclear weapons for gods sake! And they use their military might to oppression, murder, and occupy the Palestinian territory. Palestinians have no access to the outside world, They are trapped in their own land. Israel has control over the roads, infrasructure and food and water supplies. Its absolutely horrific. They drop bombs all the time on "suspected enemie" which usually end of being innocent civillians woman, and children. TEN TIMES AS MANY PALESTINIANS DIE than israelis. Israeli is committing atrocities every day. They fire machine guns blindly into crowds and buildings. They bulldoze Palestinian homes every day further encroaching upon their territory. Can you blame Palestinians for using suicide bombs as a means to an end? They have nothing else? They are dirt poor, have no hope for the future, and they live in a hell hole full of death, disease, and despair. I've been to Gaza, West Bank, Iraeli, Jordan, Egypt, pretty much every country in the middle east so I am speaking from personal experience and eye witness account to the brutality being purpotrated upon the Palestinians. Its heartbreaking. And its deeply depressing that most of America has no clue what is going on there. There is hardly ever any news coverage. And even when there is, they always seem to be pro-Israel.
You get Rep points for the truth

Old 08-13-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Good, you used spell check! But I noticed this was a run-on sentence.
No, just longer than See Spot run.

Quote:
.............have a nice day!
I already did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies