Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 10:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

Sorry I read the editorials, watched the few snippets I don't see any slander towards the Israeli's.
I don't agree with everything al jazeer a reports. I believe almost nothing CNN reports or fox news for that matter and for the same reasons. They all have an agenda which does not include reporting the facts.
That said Israel for the most part is made out to be saints and victims. The fact is they are neither.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 10:51 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Sorry I read the editorials, watched the few snippets I don't see any slander towards the Israeli's.
I don't agree with everything al jazeer a reports. I believe almost nothing CNN reports or fox news for that matter and for the same reasons. They all have an agenda which does not include reporting the facts.
That said Israel for the most part is made out to be saints and victims. The fact is they are neither.
Be well informed and watch the production then we can discuss it when you have time.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Look I have been to Israel in the 1980's. They are not saints. They are victims of their own policies and actions. Yes the arabs hate them. Yes terrorists focus on Israel. Israel also gives them some pretty good reasons.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Look I have been to Israel in the 1980's. They are not saints. They are victims of their own policies and actions. Yes the arabs hate them. Yes terrorists focus on Israel. Israel also gives them some pretty good reasons.
I never said all Israeli people were saints. In fact I do not know any nation that is only comprised of saints. However, the CNN production was biased and inaccurate and reported many inaccuracies.

As far as Israel goes, well IMHO, Israel is behaving like a second rate nation, as they act more like a puppet to world opinion.

Just think, if our country, acted as Israel is doing so today, we would probably be only one third the size we are today, as James Polk manifest Destiny and Andrew Taylor's Mexican American War would never have happened!

If Israel is to survive, they need to quit acting like a child and act like Israel did back during the 1960's. Just think, what would the USA do if Mexico were shooting hundreds of rockets into Texas? If Israel had good leadership they would route out all the vermin that is attempting to destroy them! They would send all those terrorists that were dancing in the streets after 911 to all the countries that send the terrorists money to blow up Israeli people. Then they would be behaving like warriors of a first class nation!

Old 08-10-2008, 03:45 AM

630 posts, read 1,294,761 times
Israel is great at kicking ass!

who cares what cnn thinks. 95% of them are a bunch of tards anyways

with the exception of nancy grace and glenn beck

Old 08-10-2008, 03:53 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post

They would send all those terrorists that were dancing in the streets after 911 to all the countries that send the terrorists money to blow up Israeli people. Then they would be behaving like warriors of a first class nation!
You're forgetting that the Israelis pioneered modern terrorism.

The hands of the Israelis are just as dirty as their rivals. As long as there are people in that country who think like you do (and there are unfortunately) they will continue to kill each for centuries to come.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:23 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Just think, if our country, acted as Israel is doing so today, we would probably be only one third the size we are today, as James Polk manifest Destiny and Andrew Taylor's Mexican American War would never have happened!
The town of Mayberry was behind the Mexican-American War???

Old 08-10-2008, 06:41 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
I would say every religious group has a small minority that hates something or another. But why do you choose to use that ugly term? Why label a whole religion's people. Don't you think the majority of Jews in Israel just want to live in peace, have a good life and raise their families?

Think about it, there are over 1.5 billion Muslims living in Muslim Faith based nations, approximately 1 billion Christians or catholics living in Christian based nations and so on. Here you have only say 6 million Jews trying to survive in a nation smaller than the state of New Jersey. The Jews have been there for over 2000 years. Do you have a problem with that?

As-salaamu Alaikum
As I stated the zionist racist are a small minority of the Jews and the Jews in Israel. Unfortunately, just like the muslims, they are a small but loud and active minority and since the Jews often feel under seige and do not want to appear divided, the majority of Jews are scared to speak out against them. When Mier Khane set up shop in New York, even the majority of Jews here would not openly oppose him even though privately many of them thought he was the idiot troublemaker that he was. It is much the same way in any community that feels under seige. If you talk privately with many blacks in this country, they will tell you that they think Louis Farrakhan is an idiot. But they will not voice that opinion publicly because they do not want to expose divisions to the rest of the population to expolit. Same with the muslims and people like the President of Iran and Ben Laden.
The best thing that can happen is that the larger community get to the point where groups of people no longer feel isolated and under siege but they feel like they are part of the larger community, state, country and that they too have a stake in what happens. Then people of good will can start turning things around.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
As I stated the zionist racist are a small minority of the Jews and the Jews in Israel. Unfortunately, just like the muslims, they are a small but loud and active minority and since the Jews often feel under seige and do not want to appear divided, the majority of Jews are scared to speak out against them. When Mier Khane set up shop in New York, even the majority of Jews here would not openly oppose him even though privately many of them thought he was the idiot troublemaker that he was. It is much the same way in any community that feels under seige. If you talk privately with many blacks in this country, they will tell you that they think Louis Farrakhan is an idiot. But they will not voice that opinion publicly because they do not want to expose divisions to the rest of the population to expolit. Same with the muslims and people like the President of Iran and Ben Laden.
The best thing that can happen is that the larger community get to the point where groups of people no longer feel isolated and under siege but they feel like they are part of the larger community, state, country and that they too have a stake in what happens. Then people of good will can start turning things around.
What do you mean or are inferring regarding the term, Zionist Racist?
Further, what is your argument? Yes all religions groups have radical fringe elements and almost all nations during their beginnings had what you would define as terrorists today. I guess with regards to your definition, Patrick Henry and George Washington were Terrorists.

As far as Mier Khane, from what I remember of him when I was working in Kuwait, he was certainly labeled as a terrorist by the Arabs and more so throughout all of Arab literature and Educational Materials the Jewish People are portrayed as evil.

However, from what I have read about this so called Jewish Terrorist you describe, all he wanted to do was create a total Jewish sate similar to how Iran, Saudi Arabia and Iraq are complete Muslim States. He never advocated murdering the Arab children in Israel or elsewhere! He was a nationalist and a patriot.

What is disturbing, and this is not directed at or a personal attack on you Kevk, is how many who have have no problem embracing American Patriotism and other Nationalistic Patriotic movements label Israeli Nationalism as Racist Zionism! This is just another way for these people to say how they hate the Jewish People. How on earth anyone could come up with the conclusion that the Jewish people are racists is absurd and disturbing, as people who usually make these broad stroked accusations about the Jewish people are in many respects no different than the supporters of the Nazi Party.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:53 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
One cannot to this point disentangle the modern state of Israel from the rabidly brutal and militantly Zionist history that built the base upon which that state was founded. Many of the early leaders of that state were indeed terrorists in their time. There were bombings, and slaughters, and massacres, and extrajudicial killings of every heinous sort, and latter-day militants and hardliners in Israel do themselves and nobody else any favors by acting to revive and perpetuate the memories and antagonisms of those times. Peace will come only to those who are able to live within it, and there are far too many on both sides who have not yet brought themselves to such a point. And speaking of things that there are far too many of, we could also mention the numbers of knee-jerk Americans who will reflexively jump to the defense of Israel no matter how egregious or atrocious or contemptible its conduct might become. You all aren't doing anybody any favors either...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies