Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the US Military Defend Georgia
No. 40 30.30%
No. We do NOT need to defend our allies. 3 2.27%
No This is the responsibility of the United Nations 16 12.12%
No The European Union should Take the lead on This. 12 9.09%
No. Georgia belongs to Russia 2 1.52%
No. Russia is justified invading Georgia 15 11.36%
No NATO should Take the lead on This. 9 6.82%
No The United Nations, European Union and NATO should Take the lead on This 15 11.36%
No, other 5 3.79%
Yes 6 4.55%
Yes, whatever it takes to help an ally 6 4.55%
Yes, but the United Nations, European Union and NATO should Take the lead on This 32 24.24%
Yes, other 2 1.52%
Not Sure 2 1.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 11:03 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
I usuallly agree with you on most issues but not this one......even if we didn't have wars in Afghanistan and Russia - you honestly believe that USA would get into a full blown conflict/warfare with Russia in order to protect its ally, Georgia. Wow. The world must be a video game then....that we all play in
-------------
Yes I think we might. Russia cant hold a candle to us military wise.

If being in the Army spending a tour in a Fire base in Afghanistan was playing video games than I played video games lol.

I am no neocon Bill Oreilly lets go to war type person but Russia would be DEVOURED by us.

You grossly over estimate Russia's military as far as working equipment and how up to date it is.

# I was just an E4 so no General lol but I wasnt playing video games either .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 11:03 AM

13,610 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Suppporting democracy is a noble pursuit.
for American soil.......................

Old 08-11-2008, 11:04 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Quote:
Suppporting democracy is a noble pursuit.
So basically we're the same as the USSR? Spreading what we perceive a one size fits all government around the world.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Well this is results from non humble foreign policy.If we had not chosen sides in the middle east we wouldn't be in Iraq and nether would Georgia.If we had not chosen to expand NATO after the cold war we would be neutral to Russia and Georgia.

We make alliances that commit us to war without thinking things out.
-------------------------

"We make alliances that commit us to war without thinking things out"

I agree but every country does this not just us.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
So basically we're the same as the USSR? Spreading what we perceive a one size fits all government around the world.

Yes we lost the higher ground with our bogis invasion of Iraq .

In truth all Russia had to say was "They though GA has WMD"

Old 08-11-2008, 11:07 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
The analogy to Germany and Poland is tired and flawed. Poland was not a former republic of Germania right before 1938 nor does Russia possess a paralleled thirst for expansion. Germany/Hitler/USSR/Stalin is just good for shock value.
Ummm, Poland WAS formed from German territory as well as Russian and Austrian land after WWI.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:08 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Are you asserting that democracy is wrong for some people?

Old 08-11-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Ummm, Poland WAS formed from German territory as well as Russian and Austrian land after WWI.
Point taken, but partitioned is the key word here. It was not a wholly owned subsidiary of the Prussians.

Doesn't matter anyway because the Hitler analogy is a ludicrous statement only used by those who wish to make a case for war, regardless of how ill fitted the parallels are.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Are you asserting that democracy is wrong for some people?
Yep. Sorry, we don't own the best form of government for all people. The Soviets had the same delusions of utopian paradise as you're having.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:12 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
-------------
Yes I think we might. Russia cant hold a candle to us military wise.

If being in the Army spending a tour in a Fire base in Afghanistan was playing video games than I played video games lol.

I am no neocon Bill Oreilly lets go to war type person but Russia would be DEVOURED by us.

You grossly over estimate Russia's military as far as working equipment and how up to date it is.

# I was just an E4 so no General lol but I wasnt playing video games either .
Wow. I haven't been in the military and all that but some stuff does make its own sense. You honestly believe USA might/could/should/would've gotten into a full blown conflict with Russia because the Russians invaded Georgia, our ally (population about 4 million), , which is thousands of miles away from us. Hahahahha......i am not gonna say more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies