Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 03:03 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times

Advertisements

Nothing like waxing feel-o-sofical while our government steals trillions of our money through an illegal war, quadrupled gas prices, and an outright blatant Wall St handover.

I think it's sorta like singing "God Bless America while being raped by your heroic icon.

Some of them even apologize to their attackers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 03:10 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
Ronald Reagan

What do you think about Ronald Reagan's quote...?
I used to live in an equally free country.. The Republic of Ireland and I don't see them having to start wars for their "freedom". Neutrality has it's benefits and keeps their citizens safer. There isn't any "us" vs "them" kind of mentality and their is a wonderful sense of community in most of the towns I've lived in. I think many people in America are just plain paranoid.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:58 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,461,458 times
To the OP:
Bankrupting the nation required less than 8 years.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:06 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
its very true. but he assumed that our grandchildren would care or would listen.
he did not forsee that our children would grow up and remain children.
the only light is following the baby boomers and they are getting old.
old pop has been round the track 3 times trying to pass the baton and still no one is taking it.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:37 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,021 times
Default The young voters (Who Work) will be paying for Obama's GLOBAL PROVERTY ACT for many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its very true. but he assumed that our grandchildren would care or would listen.
old pop has been round the track 3 times trying to pass the baton and still no one is taking it.
We all do stupid things, when we are young that costs us a great deal in the end.

Our children are listening to Obama like the German children listened to Hitler. Hitler came into power during a financial crisis in Germany. With his blind war, Hitler killed off many of German's young voters.

America's young voters (Who Work) will be paying for Obama's GLOBAL PROVERTY ACT for many years. He might not start a war, but he will destroy America financially. Young voters are going to learn what real problems are once they vote in Barack Obama.

Like I wrote earlier, we all do stupid things when we are young that costs us a great deal in the end.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:49 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,412 times
Quote:
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."

What do you think about Ronald Reagan's quote?
It's motivating... It gives me a sense of relief that others understand that civilization is tenuous. It's an agreement between each of us and whoever we encounter at every moment... Whenever I demand something of you, I give you permission to demand something new from me. As we move to require-- force-- each other into doing as each other commands, we throw off layer after layer of freedom.

Although the cost of freedom is typically associated with war, that's not correct. Government is paid for with the lives of those who fight to uphold it... However, freedom's price isn't paid with fallen soldiers. It's paid with the willingness of the citizenry to endure the responsibility of freedom... to look to your right and left and see others suffering of their own free will and granting them the right to do so without interference.

The quote also makes me wonder why our rulers don't mention Locke or why they don't quote the Declaration or the Constitution or the Bill or Rights. It's as if as long as we remain uninformed, they're happy... and our people remain happy to be uninformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry
Actually, I was hoping to stay away from that. Reagan also implemented the largest tax increase in history when he "fixed" Social Security so that the boomers could rape every orifice of my generation.

The boomers? What a f'in joke. You better look fifty years earlier to see the last decent American generation.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:19 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
However, freedom's price isn't paid with fallen soldiers. It's paid with the willingness of the citizenry to endure the responsibility of freedom... to look to your right and left and see others suffering of their own free will and granting them the right to do so without interference.

The quote also makes me wonder why our rulers don't mention Locke or why they don't quote the Declaration or the Constitution or the Bill or Rights.
I'll bet you're not and have never been a soldier either, right?

Since you wanted a quote - here's one for you -

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

That's the first sentence in the US Constitution. Notice how the section in red says exactly the opposite of your social darwinist diatribe.

I gather you're not a constitutional scholar. Let me speculate you also missed your scholarship to the Harvard School of Public Health as well, eh?

Old 10-27-2008, 08:17 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
They will say the samer thiognas we say about the thigns thast FDR put into place in WWII. Some will say he was a tyrant
He was a tyrant, and a lying warmonger and a demagogue, and so is Bush.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:20 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
What do you think about Ronald Reagan's quote...?
Reagan was correct. Which is why it's absolutely necessary to consign to political oblivion the party the gave us obscenities such as the PATRIOT ACT, warrantless wiretapping, and perpetual war.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:29 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Reagan was correct. Which is why it's absolutely necessary to consign to political oblivion the party the gave us obscenities such as the PATRIOT ACT, warrantless wiretapping, and perpetual war.
Agreed 150%.

Quote:
Our children are listening to Obama like the German children listened to Hitler. Hitler came into power during a financial crisis in Germany. With his blind war, Hitler killed off many of German's young voters.
ProudCap I finally figured out who you remind me of. Charlie Brown's teacher. You speak and I read Waaa, wha whaaaa, waaa, Waaaah. Same stuff over and over again no matter how nonsensical, ill informed or ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies