Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:01 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,939,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
---------------
UNLIKE you I dont believe KKKops are angels sent from avove who can do no wrong.

"criminals think they gain the upper hand in criminal litigations"

I subscribe to innocent till proven guilty and the KKKops word means nothing .
Thank you so much for epitomizing my statement that your comments are from an uneducated and ignorant perspective. I have several posts (some in this thread) that acknowledge that there are corrupt cops. But to lump them all into one category is as moronic as saying "all hispanics" or "all blacks" or "all whites" or "all women."

Like Mathguy said... if it's found out that this guy was on something (drugs/alcohol, etc.) are you willing to man-up and admit you are wrong? My bet is "no" because you have spent your entire life being wrong about things. Otherwise the sort of rhetoric that you post wouldn't be in the forums.

Keep going... you're doing fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 11:21 AM

3,672 posts, read 10,585,817 times
Quote:
---------------
UNLIKE you I dont believe KKKops are angels sent from avove who can do no wrong.

I subscribe to innocent till proven guilty and the KKKops word means nothing .
Ahhh little Luiso, tsk! tsk! Don't be so hypocritical in a single post. You say you believe in innocent until proven guilty and in the same sentance convict all cops of being corrupt without even a charge against them yet. You likewise convict Rathagos of thinking all cops are angels based on a statement he made acknowledging bad cops exist but are a minority.

You blantantly scream quilty of imagined crimes without charge or evidence and expect us to believe you rational? I find it hard to believe you are even sane, much less a rational functioning human being. I have to wonder why our mental institutions allow internet access to their patients. I suppose you have eluded their care up to this point and that must explain your ability to continue to post to this topic.

In case you are wondering Luiso, I too believe in innocent until proven guilty....but you have done an outstanding job of proving your innocence level. I applaud you on your thoroughness.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:50 AM

Location: Wandering the halls aimlessly...Hello? Is anyone there?
307 posts, read 454,783 times
Default Can You Believe This Guy?

Quote:
---------------

Yes I believe the citizen over the gang member .
I myself have never even had a parking ticket NEVER will . Matters not if you believe it or not but have friends from the army who had horror stories about treatment they received from police.

I know guys from my old area of PA with run ins also .

They are all black or Hispanic. I believe them . Just looking at the news you can see how out of control the militia is.

Did you see this am news on handcuffed guy being punched over and over in face by cop while other cops did NOTHING .
Thats a gang.

Not to mention most should wear white hoods and sheets stop the BS and acknowledge who they are and where our tax money goes.

Do you know why the OJ jury said not guilty?

Because they are so tired of police abuse,disrespect that they wouldnt put anything past them.
Oh my GOD! You make this so easy! A gang? Im wondering how many of your freinds actually told you why they were stopped? Is it by virtue that they are your freinds that makes them more truthful than a law enforcement officer? Or perhaps its because they are seeking to play the race card as a means of weasling out of some type of wrong doing?

Good God, when will society lose the race thing? Yeah there are racial biggotries everywhere, and yeah they are in law enforcement, as in every other job you can mention, but before you go throwing the race issue in the mix, know this....its a two way street my freind. I have seen racial discrimination from all angles, not just white on black or hispanic.

Where I take comfort nowadays is the simple fact that most agencies have watch dog groups comprised of the general public to monitor such activities and if need be, take action from discipline to termination. In a perfect world, there would be no need for them, but we dont live in a perfect world. I've seen it first hand and have seen what happens to those who would use thier badge and skin color as a way of gaining probable cause. Make sure you wave at them as you drive by the federal prisons ok?

In reading your posts I can see your own racial biggotry shining through. Perhaps it is a lack of education or pehaps it is a lack tolerance for all those who pass you up in the employment line. I really dont know and to be quite honest I really dont care.

This is not about a race issue, short and sweet. Its about an officers decision to use less than lethal force which inadvertantly caused the death of a suspect. Keep your foolish rhetoric to yourself as it does nothing to further your cause and lets others know just how biggoted you really are. Thanks for you input....I'll print it out and use it to line my birdcage.

Winter

Old 08-12-2008, 11:56 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,332,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterscorpion View Post
Oh my GOD! You make this so easy! A gang? Im wondering how many of your freinds actually told you why they were stopped? Is it by virtue that they are your freinds that makes them more truthful than a law enforcement officer? Or perhaps its because they are seeking to play the race card as a means of weasling out of some type of wrong doing?

Good God, when will society lose the race thing? Yeah there are racial biggotries everywhere, and yeah they are in law enforcement, as in every other job you can mention, but before you go throwing the race issue in the mix, know this....its a two way street my freind. I have seen racial discrimination from all angles, not just white on black or hispanic.

Where I take comfort nowadays is the simple fact that most agencies have watch dog groups comprised of the general public to monitor such activities and if need be, take action from discipline to termination. In a perfect world, there would be no need for them, but we dont live in a perfect world. I've seen it first hand and have seen what happens to those who would use thier badge and skin color as a way of gaining probable cause. Make sure you wave at them as you drive by the federal prisons ok?

In reading your posts I can see your own racial biggotry shining through. Perhaps it is a lack of education or pehaps it is a lack tolerance for all those who pass you up in the employment line. I really dont know and to be quite honest I really dont care.

This is not about a race issue, short and sweet. Its about an officers decision to use less than lethal force which inadvertantly caused the death of a suspect. Keep your foolish rhetoric to yourself as it does nothing to further your cause and lets others know just how biggoted you really are. Thanks for you input....I'll print it out and use it to line my birdcage.

Winter
--------------

I see your typical white tunnel vision .

"those who pass you up in the employment line"

29 yrs old . My own house in nice area of South Florida among other things not rich but have a feeling bit more than you.

Difference is I dont support the KKKops . Seems you do but to be expected.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:12 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,398,058 times
Ahhh...welcome to "ignore". You are SO annoying.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:26 PM

Sounds like someones just a little bitter. Get over it, move on and grow up. You'll feel better. For the record the KKKops are a varied and vast group of many races to include Aisian, African American, Caucasion, Hispanic, and many other races of people both men and women. But I guess its just the "White" cops who do evil things huh? Like I said, my educated friend, your ignorance is showing. Heaven forbid there be a corrupt African American in the mix....then its the 'White" regime who has corrupted him. Yeah, your a smart one.....Im impressed....really.

Save your racial banter and allegations for the OJ or Rodney King files.

If the glove does not fit, you must aquit!

Old 08-12-2008, 05:02 PM

681 posts, read 2,354,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterscorpion View Post
Good point, however most police agencies here in the US now carry 40 cals or 45 cals...theres still some 9mm out there though, but the norm nowadays is a 40 cal.

I could live with tasing someone even if they die as an after effect. Its a wee bit harder to deal with shooting someone, especially if they are unarmed and all they were was non compliant. I've come close three times in my carreer....and each time was a fight for my life. If I had a taser, things would have been drastically different...trust me.

Nonetheless, we cannot arm chair quarterback any Police officer or Law Enforcement and expect to know the frame of mind the officer is in at the very moment he or she chooses to deploy less than lethal force. These are just a few things that a cop has to think about and process in a split second....

Suspects size
Suspects demeanor
Suspects criminal history
Suspects mental capacity
Suspects history of violence
Suspects history of drug use
Suspects actions towards the victim
Any other victims present?
How many times have I been called to this residence and for what?
How do I safely get the victim out of the scenario without getting hurt?
Anything within close proximity to suspect that can be used as a weapon
Suspects statements "I'm gonna kill you or her or him or myself"

Then the officer has to gauge what his or her capabilities are related to the suspect they are dealing with. By that I mean a 120 lb female cop is less likely to go toe to toe with a 250 lb man standing 6 ft tall. Not saying its impossible, but highly improbable.

If you look at this from a reasonable standpoint...
Reasonable Person basically means what a normal and prudent person would do if faced with the same set of circumstances and given the same tools a police officer had at his disposal at the time of incident. I think you would find that a great many "reasonal people" would have shot and killed this individual without giving any forethought to the use of force steps set in place by most police agencies. NO amount of training can tell you when it is the right time for someone to be tased or shot. Ultimately it is up to the officer and the circumstances the officer is in at the time force is deployed. If you've never been there, then you dont know.

Winter
It's too bad that many can't operate on this level of comprehension.

Great post!

Old 08-13-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittySkyfish View Post
It's too bad that many can't operate on this level of comprehension.

Great post!

Thank you kindly...just basing this on my own experiences.
Winter

Old 08-13-2008, 01:11 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,355,838 times
Last week police in a Pittsburgh suburb killed a guy with a taser. He was acting erractically and refused to submit to them. The suspect/victim had been running around the neighborhood pounding on peoples doors yelling that someone was trying to shoot him. A neighbor said she saw Mr. Thomas standing with the prongs of the Taser still attached to him when four Swissvale officers forced him to the ground and handcuffed him.
Man dies after Swissvale police use Taser

Old 08-13-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
Last week police in a Pittsburgh suburb killed a guy with a taser. He was acting erractically and refused to submit to them. The suspect/victim had been running around the neighborhood pounding on peoples doors yelling that someone was trying to shoot him. A neighbor said she saw Mr. Thomas standing with the prongs of the Taser still attached to him when four Swissvale officers forced him to the ground and handcuffed him.
Man dies after Swissvale police use Taser

This might have been the cause.....not the taser. Got this from the article you referenced...verbatim!

The woman said she saw one officer stomp on Mr. Thomas's upper back, holding his foot there while the subject lay on the sidewalk with his head hanging over the curb. Another officer "reared back and punched him in the head with all his might," she said.

If this is the case, then theres more going on here than the tasing incident. I am not going to armchair quarterback any police officer, however I'm sure there will be a thorough investigation. If these officers are found to be negligent, Not only will the state step in, but the family (although it will not replace the loved one) will be able to seek civil remedies.

Also there will have to be blood tests and toxicology tests to see if the victim was under the influence of anything. Usually when they display that type of behavior, by that I mean paranoid, it is indicative of mental crisis, either drug induced or organic such as mental distress. Follow the story for me will ya? Im interested to see what happens. Thanks

Winter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies